Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - 24 hours and already scratched

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
So from personal experience of owning the s7 edge for a few weeks I always put a screen protector on my phone just for caution and resale value the s7 edge is a beautiful phone and i like so many wouldnt be able to hang with a scratch on my screen I would end up filing an isurance claim and getting a new s7 edge if mine was scratched however heres what works that Ive noticed none of the military grade or tempered glass ones work well with a case you have to look up case friendly screen protector to find one that works well enough with a ca. Spigen Crystal HD is one of the and IQ Shield is the other these are the only two companies that make a screen protector that seems to realize that if you remove the corners of the screen protector than you will have a design that works with a case without the edges lifting

Tried four of the Spigen Curved HD (literally, four) and none of them worked properly. Three of them would never adhere to both curves and the one that did, the second I put a case on it - a Spigen case, ironically - it popped right off.

Knowledge10111

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I took a razor blade and very carefully removed the four corners of the Zagg Invisishield HD to mimic the Spigen and it works great now. It's not machine-cut but it does the job to keep the protector from peeling off when in a case

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Whether or not glass scratches or not depends on the hardness of the material that makes contact with the surface. Metal is actually softer than glass hence the reason why a razor, keys, coins will not damage the screen. Quartz, sand, concrete, limestone are harder than glass and will scratch the surface up with minimal effort.

It's not outlandish to think that a sand, concrete, or quartz dust particle made contact with the screen and caused a scratch within the first 48 hours. As long as manufacturers use glass screens there will be scratches. No matter what revision of Gorilla Glass is available. The fact is that almost the entire hard surface of the world is made of harder material than glass.

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully this is large enough to read but if it isnt, refer to Mohs Sale of Hardness.

Attachments

• 1460395584299.jpg
    1460395584299.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 166

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who's Edge phone still looks flawless and friggin phenomenal?

Posted via the Android Central App

No, mine is perfect.
Have a thin spigen tpu and no screen protector. I may get one when the zagg is available... Not sure..I already end up removing them after a while.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from Florida and my screen is scratched also from the sand. I thought I was careful enough. Nope! Oh well. I've got a few but you can't see them when the screen is on. So no worries right now. Has anyone tried any of the home remedies to see if they could buff out the small hairline scratches?

lady of the lake

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I wish they would use Sapphire glass that comes on the Kyocera Brigadier my husband uses. He is a farmer and has had the phone for over a year and they screen doesn't have a single scratch on it and he has never put a screen protector on it. He's a farmer and the phone and screen gets abused daily.
It's too bad the Sapphire glass isn't used universally on phone and tablet screens.

While waiting for a glass protector for my S7Edge I ordered to arrive, I put a screen protector from the Verizon store on it. It adheres to the entire glass area and doesn't peel at the edges but is already so scratched up I can't stand it. I've never removed one before. Does anyone know a good way to remove a screen saver without damaging the screen? This thing is REALLY stuck on.

My Spectacular Samsung Galaxy S7Edge

dryja123

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I wish they would use Sapphire glass that comes on the Kyocera Brigadier my husband uses. He is a farmer and has had the phone for over a year and they screen doesn't have a single scratch on it and he has never put a screen protector on it. He's a farmer and the phone and screen gets abused daily.
It's too bad the Sapphire glass isn't used universally on phone and tablet screens.

While waiting for a glass protector for my S7Edge I ordered to arrive, I put a screen protector from the Verizon store on it. It adheres to the entire glass area and doesn't peel at the edges but is already so scratched up I can't stand it. I've never removed one before. Does anyone know a good way to remove a screen saver without damaging the screen? This thing is REALLY stuck on.

My Spectacular Samsung Galaxy S7Edge

Unfortunately most screen protectors will stretch in some way once you remove it. You're better off buying a new one or claiming the warranty if yours has one.

I to wish sapphire crystal was the standard for phones but it costs too much to manufacture.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately most screen protectors will stretch in some way once you remove it. You're better off buying a new one or claiming the warranty if yours has one.

I to wish sapphire crystal was the standard for phones but it costs too much to manufacture.

And sapphire glass easily shatters and crack. But its far better at defending againts scratches.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Eustacius Jude

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I'm sad. its been 2 weeks with my s7 edge and I noticed that I've got several scratches all over my screen while waiting for my tempered glass. v.v . T_T T_T T_T T_T T_T plus there's a delay with the tempered glass that I ordered. uwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :'(

ap70

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is a sleek *******.
I bough a 8.4 Tablet that has a xx on the serial number.
I was never able to register the product.
Went back to the store Staples Canada and the guy told me that they have second line products that they sell for stores where not well informed people buy aka Staples, etc.
My screen flashes and bricks after one year using it just a couple of hours a week.
So yeah, I strong believe that they sell difference classes of devices.

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
For whatever reason this device is very prone to fine scratches. I put my phone in the front compartment of my purse with nothing else in there and I have a 2 inch fine line scratch on the bottom right corner going from the screen to the onyx finish, can't feel it but can see it. In certain lighting I can see numerous hair line scratches on the screen too. Don't put a flashlight to your screen!

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Although I never have scratches, regardless, it seems to me like screen protectors look uglier than a tiny scratch that you can barely see. Although that might be because I can never get them on right.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
For whatever reason this device is very prone to fine scratches. I put my phone in the front compartment of my purse with nothing else in there and I have a 2 inch fine line scratch on the bottom right corner going from the screen to the onyx finish, can't feel it but can see it. In certain lighting I can see numerous hair line scratches on the screen too. Don't put a flashlight to your screen!

Flashlight challenge accepted. Still no fine scratches. I wonder if different batches did something different with the glass?

Bentelkalb

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Same here, S7 edge. Totally scratched from normal use. What is this? My other samsung phones dont have a single scratch. This expensive one is totally destrpyed more or less.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smit007