Samsung giving money back

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got mine at launch and I had no issues getting the price match. I was surprised it was so easy. It was pending credit back on my card the 2 days after the chat.
Nice when did you chat?

Edit: After multiple attempts in the last few days, I tried again now and finally got a chat representative who said he will forward it to the team to process the refund within 24 hours and gave a reference number

Hopefully they will process it. Mine also is unlocked model and delivered on Jan 27th which was the first day they started delivering pre orders.

Last edited:

12stars

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I was missing part of my order as well. No smart tag, and no information about how to redeem the 4 months free of YouTube Premium.
That’s exactly what I was missing though my receipt indicated it was delivered. The rep mentioned that a lot of people did not receive their smart tags.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That’s exactly what I was missing though my receipt indicated it was delivered. The rep mentioned that a lot of people did not receive their smart tags.

Oh I forgot about the four months of YouTube premium I don't know how to get that neither. So can I get 4 months and then him use his after me I mean we both don't need to do it at the same time I guess really we watch a lot of YouTube together on our TV. I don't know whose account is logged in.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Oh I forgot about the four months of YouTube premium I don't know how to get that neither. So can I get 4 months and then him use his after me I mean we both don't need to do it at the same time I guess really we watch a lot of YouTube together on our TV. I don't know whose account is logged in.
It's pretty straight forward. Open your YouTube app and it should prompt you. If not go to settings on your YouTube app and you will see the offer there. Note that this offer is only for Google accounts who never had the YouTube premium trial.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty straight forward. Open your YouTube app and it should prompt you. If not go to settings on your YouTube app and you will see the offer there. Note that this offer is only for Google accounts who never had the YouTube premium trial.

Thanks! I see it pop-up on my computer about a trial and never have done it. I sent think he has neither. I'm try it tomorrow.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I see it pop-up on my computer about a trial and never have done it. I sent think he has neither. I'm try it tomorrow.
Cool, just make sure you check for trial from the S21 for the 4 month trial. If you are eligible it'll show. If you do outside the S21 then it'll the standard trial offer.

tfrankson

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Are you still in the return period? If you are still in the return period then there shouldn't be any problem with having them price match. It's only if you are outside of the return period (those who received launch day) that need to fight for the refund

I preordered and bought it on the first day of launch. My return period was up until Feb 14th.. Which just happened to be yesterday. I just saw this post and tried my luck. Best of luck to those who are fighting. Don't give up!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Live chat said no because my return period is over, By 1 day! I would of never traded in my phone at that price. Meanwhile they haven't even confirmed i'm getting the full trade-In value
Try again with another chat representative. It worked for me last year with the Note20U even though I was past return period.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Try again with another chat representative. It worked for me last year with the Note20U even though I was past return period.
They rejected again after yesterday night chat and they forwarded to the team for refund

Got an email today morning saying that the price match didn't go through since I'm outside the return period. I know last time it worked and even this time worked for some people but no luck for me this time. I'm tired chatting with multiple people last few days and I'll let it go this time.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
They rejected again after yesterday night chat and they forwarded to the team for refund

Got an email today morning saying that the price match didn't go through since I'm outside the return period. I know last time it worked and even this time worked for some people but no luck for me this time. I'm tired chatting with multiple people last few days and I'll let it go this time.

Yeah....I got it last time when a lot of people didn't get it. My guess is it still depends on who you get and what you say like other things I've seen and done with Samsung.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Yeah....I got it last time when a lot of people didn't get it. My guess is it still depends on who you get and what you say like other things I've seen and done with Samsung.

Agreed. I've put the full court press on them heading into this week. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

That stinks! I just got an email today that I'm getting my 10% which was like $88. I'll take it.

sdk_1052

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
They gave me a $200 promo code since I'm carrier financed. Plus I got another code for$73 (the 10% back on the order for the phone due to it arriving late). May just get a new watch or update my tablet to the s7.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Well, it took years off of my life, but got it done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210217-175353_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210217-175353_Gmail.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 16

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I struck out. They told me that even if the price is cheaper now than when I purchased, they will not give me the difference because I am doing carrier financing.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I struck out. They told me that even if the price is cheaper now than when I purchased, they will not give me the difference because I am doing carrier financing.

Have read about that being a bit of an issue, although some doing carrier financing mentioned they got some promotional credit. Isn't as good as cash back but beats nothing. Might be worth that angle, if you have time to contact them again.

andee1517

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Have read about that being a bit of an issue, although some doing carrier financing mentioned they got some promotional credit. Isn't as good as cash back but beats nothing. Might be worth that angle, if you have time to contact them again.

Not sure if I will give it another shot. I'm pretty annoyed with Samsung right now and don't know that I want to get further aggravated.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Not sure if I will give it another shot. I'm pretty annoyed with Samsung right now and don't know that I want to get further aggravated.

Totally understand on that. As I stated yesterday, it was so aggravating dealing with Samsung on this issue I'm not sure it was worth the $200.