Samsung s8 lock changed itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2022
Visit site
I was on my phone and i needed to remove a Google account from my phone that i suspect was the main one, I then tried to add that account back into my phone I needed to put in my pattern, so i did and it didnt work. I tried to unlock my phone with the pattern and it didnt work. I restarted my phone about 100 Times, wiped the cache partition, did like the restart when you hołd down volume down and the power button, waited a Day and it still doesnt work. I am 100% sure that i know the pattern but it simply says its incorrect. Is the lock tied to the Google account maybe? And is there a way to fix this without losing my data?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I can't say that I'm certain of what's going on here. I've only ever had one Google account, so I've never had to deal with having multiple Google accounts on one phone and the potential issues that might arise if the primary account is removed. Not sure if this is some sort of glitch (either with Google's Android code or Samsung's firmware) that is unrecoverable, or if there's still some workaround that will get you back to where you need to be. Sorry, but I don't think I have any other ideas at this time.:(

I've read of this happening multiple times now... people having multiple Google accounts on their phone, removing one and getting locked out of their phones. I don't remember ever seeing a good outcome :eek:

Might be best to stick to one Google account per Android phone. Sounds like it could be a "Google" thing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Doesn't look promising to get Data back , OP you have multiple accounts try pin/password for each of them not just the original if still doesn't work your out of lock factory reset to get back in the device.

I'm going close this thread as it's reached it's limits , good luck OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress