Should I return?

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my sage pixel 5 for a week now and love it.
Will Google Canada discount this for black Friday? I remember them having heavy discount in the past

I still have the option of returning it and see if it goes on sale inna couple of weeks.
Only problem might be the availability of sage color.

What do you guys think?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I mean, they may, or they may not. That's a gamble sleeping the lottery Russian roulette. There's a good chance they will, but that's still just speculation. Unfortunately.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure they'll have deals, but the Sage colour may run out, and then you won't be able to get the same device you're currently using.

Think of it this way: you can always get Pixel 5 accessories on sale! :)

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Not giving much , 50.00 off :(
Not surprised. Many of the phone companies have had supply chains disrupted this year. From what I have heard Samsung has been able to keep their supply going because of how much of the chain they control. Samsung had an amazingly strong Q3 in phone sales.

I personally feel Google/Alphabet is trying to be more financially responsible across all business units. My guess is that means much tighter control of their hardware inventory. I am not surprised they are only offering a $50 discount for Black Friday.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not surprised. Many of the phone companies have had supply chains disrupted this year. From what I have heard Samsung has been able to keep their supply going because of how much of the chain they control. Samsung had an amazingly strong Q3 in phone sales.

I personally feel Google/Alphabet is trying to be more financially responsible across all business units. My guess is that means much tighter control of their hardware inventory. I am not surprised they are only offering a $50 discount for Black Friday.
haha, yeah, I'm shocked about that as well. I figured Google get more than 50 bucks off the phone. Even though it just came out a little less than a month ago.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I understand, but it's like big slap in face when you see carriers heavily discount it and their unlocked version only 50.00 , and I know carriers have a influence on it .

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I understand, but it's like big slap in face when you see carriers heavily discount it and their unlocked version only 50.00 , and I know carriers have a influence on it .
Yeah mustang dude, I completely agree. I mean example Verizon's having the promotion of 350 bucks off the phone while Google is only giving you 50 bucks off the phone. Wowzers!

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't get it either. I figured for sure, Google would give a more than $50 off discount from their phone. Yeah Verizon' and carriers in general havegot the better discount right now.

I think they just made so few of them that they're not sitting on a bunch of stock they're trying to get rid of

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I don't get it either. I figured for sure, Google would give a more than $50 off discount from their phone. Yeah Verizon' and carriers in general havegot the better discount right now.

Even $100 off would be stellar. I'd be more likely to consider it if it was $100 off or $100+.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Even $100 off would be stellar. I'd be more likely to consider it if it was $100 off or $100+.
yeah, do, absolutely agree! Google should have given a hundred bucks or even a little bit more so to use it straight from the Google store to buy the phone. Just to promote it better and sell it faster! I mean, hopefully they will do another type of promotional deal for customers from the Google store and then in the future even during holiday season if you know what I mean. 50 bucks off the phone and isn't a hugely great deal of course