So... All day battery life???

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I am amazed with the battery life so far. I'm coming from a note 8 and wow. The whole day with over 30mins of video calls

Attachments

• 3712.jpg
    3712.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 72

leejf88

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
Same. Don't expect too much. It can last up to Max 17hr with power manager.
Normal usage 12hr.
Heavy usage 8hr.
Already make complaint to customer service.
They claim that is normal.
Regret to buy Samsung note 9, it just a bigger note 8 , nothing else. Don't expect the battery can last 1 day. This bigger screen draw a lot of power.

leejf88

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
Yours battery life is very good. Mine is very poor, seem not all note 9 perform the same. I bring my phone to customer service, but they claim that is normal screen on time for 6hr.

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Yours battery life is very good. Mine is very poor, seem not all note 9 perform the same. I bring my phone to customer service, but they claim that is normal screen on time for 6hr.

What is drawing so much power from your phone ? Are you outside in the sun all day? Brightness max

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm very satisfied with the battery life of this phone. I am able to get through a full day and still have plenty of juice left.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Just use a bit more YouTube, Spotify and Instagram... ;)

a40905ee5d9ecd17811eed0e5536d0ad.jpg

nrfitchett4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

You are complaining about 6 hours of screen on time? You are joking, right?

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I YouTubed the heck out of this N9 along with pokemon go and tried playing fortnight. Calls, emails, internet browsing and still had 47% battery by 8pm. Off charge at 6am. So yes battery is way better than my N8. At the same time my wife has her N8 and it seems great on battery life. Hers is a vzw model and mine was unlocked. Plus the 4k video on the N8 pulsed and doesn't on the N9.

Wiz Minion

Feb 20, 2018
Visit site
Mine has just been so so. I've had it since last Wednesday and always have to top off early evening or I will run out. This makes me sad bc I still have it on crappy 1080p resolution. My Huawei phones recently have been way better.

2 days of battery on my Mate 10 with moderate use....That is if I charge it all the way up. I try to never charge it up to past 85%. Lowering the phone's resolution did add a lot to the battery savings, and honestly, if you're not a game player, you don't notice (or I don't) the difference in resolution.

Also, you have to really go through the phone and see what's running in the background. I don't know about the Note, but the Mate 10 lets you know and easily control background apps. This helps immensely! Take Note of that!!:D

Wiz Minion

Feb 20, 2018
Visit site
Cause most people...average people...like me :D Can't really notice the difference, and or don't care. No game playing on the phone. It's used for work, music, browsing, TALKING on! :cool:

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I have tested the Exynos battery this weekend by doing my normal day to day usage, of course there will be more intensive days but this is my basic usage which would be a bit of Facebook, YouTube, mostly browsing the internet, around 30 mins of calls, texts etc but no intensive stuff.

Now for around one day I used the mid power saving that's because the first day I was using a mix of max power and optimized usage.
I would have let it run further but I need my phone for later.
So,
Here it is........

Screenshot_20180902-084945_Settings.jpg
Screenshot_20180902-085003_Settings.jpg

Now I did do a test on my Note 8 battery in the early days last year also which can be found on this thread....https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8/874406-battery-life.html#post6186172
But this was tested using the mid power setting all of the time.

phusebox

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Is anyone going back to apple or waiting for the iphone x plus before deciding to keep your Note 9??

I am going back first chance I get. The one feature that should make the note great is the biggest let down for me. 15 hrs battery life is joke.

Jul 7, 2018
Visit site
For battery to last longer, please make sure that you are charging it as soon as it touches the below 20% mark, and it should be kept on charge till it reaches 90-92 %

That is what is suggested by most of the articles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyblack