So... All day battery life???

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I will like to know what do you guys do differently because in my experience is not better than my iPhone 7 plus that exchange for the note 9. so i listen to podcast, bluetooth, google maps twice a day for about 20 mins each way, 10 to 15 m of youtube, text messages, browser.... really normal stuff and around 3 PM is in the low %30!!! so is a BEAST if you dont used it ? or what am i doing wrong ???

This is the part that make me hesita about android this morning when i got up i pick the phone %100 charge, check my alarms check my email took me about 3 min and it was already at %99 seriously !!!

I have your same type of usage and I don't seem to be that impressed with the battery compared with my pixel 2XL.

theurbantwist

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been using mine now for a week. I consider myself a light user; play no games, watch maybe 15-20 mins of video and listen to 30 mins of Spotify a day. No calls. The rest is browsing/messaging.

On average I get 15-16 hours of battery life with about 3 - 3.5 hrs of screen on time. Have battery monitors installed and the only gigantic drain on the battery is the display. I have turned off all "advanced features", have disabled the always on display and still the phone hardly makes it through the day. I have to recharge at night when I get home or it will deplete.

What you described sounds all day to me. Unless I'm misreading what you wrote but 16 hours with the amount of activity you have done sounds pretty good...especially since come hour 16 or so, you'd hope that you'd be winding down anyway and in a position to charge your phone.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What you described sounds all day to me. Unless I'm misreading what you wrote but 16 hours with the amount of activity you have done sounds pretty good...especially since come hour 16 or so, you'd hope that you'd be winding down anyway and in a position to charge your phone.

He may be getting through a full day but 3-3.5 hrs of screen on time is not anything to write home about.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
That's insane. Which battery saving features are you using and how long have you had your Note? Each day the same?

Haven't touched battery savings. Had the phone since 22nd and this is the 1st time I tested battery life. Keep in mind everyone's usage is different. I surf the web, check emails, create S Notes and do some social media. I also listen to music and do lite Youtube, & lite gaming

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
how does this battery compare to the note 8 because looking as some of these post my note 8 battery is much better?

8h 36m is what I got in my 1st and only test so far. With the Note 8 I would get between 5-7h depending on day/usage. If Note 9 times stay the same. then it will be right around where I expected which is an increase of about 2 hrs or so (for me).

awtryau89

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
And what did you prove? On a slow day you were well over 50% then you travelled and "hammered" on it for 12 hours ending somewhere low 20%. You say the battery is decent but not as good as iPhones of the past. I'm sure you weren't doing the same "exact" thing with the iPhones as what you deliberately were doing with the Note. From what I'm reading the note did just fine. If you weren't intentionally trying to wear down the battery you may have had enough juice for your dinner without the need of a bump charge.

Well actually wasn't trying prove anything, for you especially. Basically I wanted to see if it held up well and could beat my iOS devices. I found it's good and definitely good enough but still not the champ.

gnote2tmo

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday was the first day I had my Note pretty much all set up and used it normally and i had great battery life - on at 7am, never charged once during the day and still had about 10% left at 10pm. Never could get through a full day with similar heavy use on my S8+.

But how much was the screen on time?? That's the most important thing

kenlundy17

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Ok. So I noticed that some people are using their devices more than I am yet are squeezing out a day or so use. So, either I have a lemon or the cell service is the culprit or could be related to the fact that I have a factory unlocked device. Can you guys list off whether or not your device is carrier locked?

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
This is only my 2nd full day of use so I am going to see if settles down and gets better. I things it's good but I guess I was just spoiled by the Pixel 2XL.
Yeah it should improve, hopefully. Mine did for sure after settling in and maybe a bit of the newness wearing off. I did turn off some of the gestures that I'll never use. Not sure if they use juice but I did so anyway.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I noticed that some people are using their devices more than I am yet are squeezing out a day or so use. So, either I have a lemon or the cell service is the culprit or could be related to the fact that I have a factory unlocked device. Can you guys list off whether or not your device is carrier locked?
My device is unlocked and on Verizon. Poor cell signal can be a culprit. I haven't disabled any apps (including samsungs) but turned off some gesture features that I don't use and unchecked some apps I don't want sending me notifications. Outside of that I let the device do its thing. I have noticed two things: 1. The device puts some apps to sleep that are running in the background 2. The device said it was optimizing the battery based on my usage??? I've only seen that pop up once a couple days ago but it flashed and went away too quickly for me to really gauge what was going on.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using my t mobile note 9 since Friday and I'll average about 18 hours on the battery and around 4 hours of screen on. it's good enough for me.