so why is the new UD rom on rom manager?

gujupmp88

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
hmm, cant believe all this stuff is still going on...i was using UD back when he was still on alldroid, thought he was wrongly accused and followed him to df. after he got accused again, with proof, i dropped it and now i'm switching between pete and cm, which both are very awesome ROMs.

To the original question...i think koush said he was putting UD on rom manager cause many of BD's followers bought premium version of rom manager for the sole purpose to download the UD rom because BD touted it and endorsed it. People felt wronged when BD dropped support of rom manager, so koush put it on to appease everyone. BD does not support the rom on rom manager though and advises people not to download it from that.

Latin559

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
i know alot of people want to play morality police. but alot of people are making this out as they're directly involved in it.

im using UD new rom. i like the way it runs. i like the way it looks. love that bottom tab with the word droid on it. not really into all the nexus themes, if i wanted a nexus theme i wouldve gotten a nexus.

i agree that maybe he shouldve given credit to some people but nobody can say its stolen. because its open source.

the UD rom runs smooth as heck, ive tried alot of roms in a short period of time to find one that ran smooth and looked right for my taste. and this was it.

but to each his/her own. but other then those directly involved why are so many people taking this personal? IMO those people are whats made it drama.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i know alot of people want to play morality police. but alot of people are making this out as they're directly involved in it.

im using UD new rom. i like the way it runs. i like the way it looks. love that bottom tab with the word droid on it. not really into all the nexus themes, if i wanted a nexus theme i wouldve gotten a nexus.

i agree that maybe he shouldve given credit to some people but nobody can say its stolen. because its open source.

the UD rom runs smooth as heck, ive tried alot of roms in a short period of time to find one that ran smooth and looked right for my taste. and this was it.

but to each his/her own. but other then those directly involved why are so many people taking this personal? IMO those people are whats made it drama.

I understand where your coming from. Each person has their own code of ethics so its hard to have a clear answer as to if sombodyshould download the rom.

Everybody has the right to do anything they want with their phone. I am just saying that I will not use his rom due to the fact he did not credit the person whose work he used in creating his rom. To me that is just immoral.

Stolen can be interpreted in different ways depending on how you view the situation. Did he physically take cyanogen and petes roms away from them, no. Did he steal their ideas and use the code they created and used without a single thing stating that he used their code, yes. And the worst part is that he denied all of the allegations against him. He lied.
Nobody here has told anyone not to use the rom. We justvsaid said that we are not using it and that we don't agree with what he is doing. We are not judging anybody who is or wants to use UD.

Last edited:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I love what you said bitfix about the code of ethics. Cause that's what its about. I wouldn't want anyone stealing my ideas without giving me some kind of cred. Its like patent infringement which is ILLEGAL. If you don't have a problem with it jimenez that's on you. But a wise man once said, if you don't stand for nothing you'll fall for anything.

Latin559

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I understand where your coming from. Each person has their own code of ethics so its hard to have a clear answer as to if sombodyshould download the rom.

Everybody has the right to do anything they want with their phone. I am just saying that I will not use his rom due to the fact he did not credit the person whose work he used in creating his rom. To me that is just immoral.

Stolen can be interpreted in different ways depending on how you view the situation. Did he physically take cyanogen and petes roms away from them, no. Did he steal their ideas and use the code they created and used without a single thing stating that he used their code, yes. And the worst part is that he denied all of the allegations against him. He lied.
Nobody here has told anyone not to use the rom. We justvsaid said that we are not using it and that we don't agree with what he is doing. We are not judging anybody who is or wants to use UD.

nice way to put it.. but then you can look at it this way. has apple or windows ever credited ibm for their stuff?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If you like his Rom use it praise it for being the best thing out their. I really don't care. I don't like what he is doing for the community its all about ethics and he has proved multiple times that's were he is lacking. Shoot prior to finding out all of this I started a thread praising his work. When u found out what was going down I left his work alone. It's not about the Rom its not about who uses it. To me its about moving the community forward and that's pretty hard when you have a leech like bd taking peoples work as their own. Give credit were credit is due

Latin559

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
If you like his Rom use it praise it for being the best thing out their. I really don't care. I don't like what he is doing for the community its all about ethics and he has proved multiple times that's were he is lacking. Shoot prior to finding out all of this I started a thread praising his work. When u found out what was going down I left his work alone. It's not about the Rom its not about who uses it. To me its about moving the community forward and that's pretty hard when you have a leech like bd taking peoples work as their own. Give credit were credit is due

true, but leave ethics for the devs. i want whats best for my phone. if he leeches, then he leeched the best parts of each rom.

ive tried bugless and cyogen. and IMO those still have bugs where UD isnt seeing them. and thats what i care about.

so thanks to every dev who makes roms and everything that comes with it. but until theres a rom that can make my phone work better then UD's then ill stick with this.

when something new comes out il be quick to try but if it doesnt match up ill be right back with my backup. if thats wrong then idk.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
nice way to put it.. but then you can look at it this way. has apple or windows ever credited ibm for their stuff?

I don't know why both apple and Microsoft need to credit IBM. IBM used their hardware and then used Microsoft's software to run it.

gujupmp88

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Love the new drama going on he banned soccer playa from his own domain then tried to steal it

haha, what site would that be??

wait...are you talking about ultamitedroid.com??? lol. He's getting bashed on his own site now! wonder where he's gonna go next....

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
the only thing he should get credit for is that he has good taste in what he wants in a rom. that aside, it's funny because he can't make his own rom plus he can't even steal from other people's roms correctly and always gets caught. if he learned from each time he got caught and edited the files so that nobody would be able to prove he stole other peoples hard work then i would say he is at least progressing. it is a complete scum bag progression but at least it is a progression in a direction. i wish he would do the right thing and atleast credit people, that is all the original developers want. they could care less if he used their material but a just credit it.

i don't think he will ever go the honest route and at this point even if he does create a rom from scratch, people will always question his integrity and wonder who he stole what from.

if he isn't going to change his approach to developing roms then at least learn how to steal correctly and stop getting caught. it might take more time to double check everything and edit the things that show another developers signature (figuratively speaking) but at least it would make it harder for him to get caught.

here is an analogy to what he is doing: it's like he is trying to rob a bank every day and keeps going to the same bank at the same time of the day, pulling up in a ratty van that you can hear 4 blocks away and enters through the front door. everybody knows it's coming and everybody is looking around preparing themselves and becoming even more aware of what is going on as each day passes.

eventually he is going to steal from the wrong person. i wouldn't doubt somebody already planning to code something in their own rom that if somebody doesn't get the files strictly through the creator, it will fry any phone with the unofficial rom loaded. it would suck for the UD but everybody would come down on him and then he will finally be done with.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't if it is the drama that follows the rom or the drama that the rom creators brings to himself. Its funny because he seems to better at causing drama then he is at creating an original rom haha

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I will admit that I have ben very curious about trying this ROM but have not brought myself to support their operation and installing it.

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
its even funnier because on his site he said that he is going to have tutorials to make themes and that he will support the base work to work off of. he even said that there is no need to give him credit..... hmm :confused::confused::confused: .... i wonder why???? oh yea, because it isn't his work anyway

lol yeah i wonder if there is anything he did not steal? what a bummmmmmmmmmmmmm