Sprint's Samsung Epic 4g Official Froyo EB13

How did your update to EB13 go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It has been a long wait. I never thought I had to wait almost 23 weeks in order to get a update from Sansung. Now Froyo is old. HTC is ready to release Gingerbread and we are going to wait another 22 weeks. Maybe we will not get it after all. Thank you Rag and the others (Paul) for helping out. I have enjoyed TER V1.5 a lot and others Roms as well.

How do you know HTC is ready to release Gingerbread?

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: tomy2001

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Nothing in Minnesnowta :-(

But I haven't or dared to do it the manual way by going into settings -> about phone -> systems updates -> update firmware, for fear if I do get it, there will be a terrible glitch in it that I will end up hours trying to fix it.

I AM Chicken!!! Any brave souls out there? :)

1414H77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
By the way, don't get your hopes up for Nirvana. Froyo is really a very minor update. The only real change you'll notice is flash, but other than that prepare to be let down because expectations are too high. I had it on an EVO for some time and went through the same letdown when I got it.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I thought there was supposed to be like a 450% increase in speed - or at least I thought I read that somewhere. Or at least some type of speed increase regardless of how small, an increase is an increase if it doesn't break something else. :)

gyoung345

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I thought there was supposed to be like a 450% increase in speed - or at least I thought I read that somewhere. Or at least some type of speed increase regardless of how small, an increase is an increase if it doesn't break something else. :)
I am looking forward to the very minor but annoying fix to allow me to sort contacts by last name, but I also thought that there is a large increase in performance, meaning that it would at least be noticeable.

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Nothing in Minnesnowta :-(

But I haven't or dared to do it the manual way by going into settings -> about phone -> systems updates -> update firmware, for fear if I do get it, there will be a terrible glitch in it that I will end up hours trying to fix it.

I AM Chicken!!! Any brave souls out there? :)

i tried this earlier this morning and got nothing :)

1414H77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

So it is said. I installed the earlier Froyo build to the Epic and did not notice any speed increase, but admittedly it was a prerelease build. I am suspicious that the reason I saw no increase is due to the Touchwiz skin overlay.

jrohrig

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am looking forward to the new roms that are created off the official froyo build. This has been a long wait so hopefully it will be worth it.

heresy_fnord

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
From what I read, there is no way to "force" the update, at least not by checking for it. Until you're in their grouped line that is ready for the update, even if you search for it you'll get the same message that no update is available. I'm not even sure those that are ready for the update can check for it. I believe you have to wait for them to send whatever signal to your phone that it's ready.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I read an article regarding this topic online.

How do you know HTC is ready to release Gingerbread?

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

I read an article regarding this topic online. The article says that HTC EVO will get Gingerbread soon. For now, I would like to get my froyo update for my epic.
Thank you for asking. If I get new information about HTC and Gingerbread I will send you an email as soon as I can. I wish I could have more inf. I am sorry.

NYC Dude

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Can any of you guys help me out. I have phone and data service just upgraded to the epic yesterday. Whenever I go into menu, setting, update and try to update the firmware, data profile or prl I get the message

Error
Your profile could not be updated at this time. Please try again later.
If this problem persists, please contact customer care.
Error: Internal Error

Sprint came seem to find out whats causing it

robomav

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This update may not be earth shattering but I'm mainly looking forward to having flash and install to SD card.

these are what i want too. mostly install to sd card. that will be so nice.

other than that, i am just happy sprint/samsung are actually not abandoning the phone. maybe there is hope one day 2.3 will be pushed out to us as well.

a guy can dream :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk