SquareTrade: Anyone with experience?

johnling

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Square trade

Had plan for 60 inch TV. It got lines on the screen. Called them and next day I dropped it off at a local shop they sent me to, on the way home from work. Before I got home I got a call that the power supply was bad. They overnighter a check for the TV and tax to boot. I stopped and got a replacement before I got home. Sure enough the check was there the next day. Did a deposit on the phone app. I was VERY happy. I have two Note 19.1 2014's with the plans. After that great experience I always get it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I have it. I think it's a good deal. The only hole in coverage is that it doesn't cover theft.

Posted via Android Central App

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

More people damage their devices by far than have them stolen. Not to say it doesn't happen but depending on where it happened your home or auto insurance may cover part of your loss.
I think Square Trade is a good deal and worth the peace of mind. I got the three year coverage. If you go to their Facebook page and sign up for their newsletter they will send you a 30% off coupon, or you can also call them and they will gladly send you one by email. I have had to use them once for a tablet I bought and they had a new one to me in a very reasonable time (a day or two). You just have to decide if you are willing to gamble with a $600 tablet that you won't damage it before you buy another one.

Kevin

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Does the link I posted seem legit or the right one to get for my note 10.1 2014? I appreciate all the answers! It seems too cheap to be true lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

The link is for a plan that covers an item that cost around $100. The note sells for more, so this plan would not cover note.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

I bought it... haven't had to claim anything thankfully :)
Definitely worth it for me since I bought an LTE version from ebay (may never come to Canada had I waited)
So in a year or so, I could let it slip in the bath accidentally and have them replace it :)

They probably don't, but I'd be careful about saying such things on a public forum in case Square Trade (or Samsung) monitors forums like these.
I KNOW Ford monitors the Ford Flex forum I'm on. Just sayin' :)

ps...to OP, I bought the Square Trade plan from Square Trade. The reviews are excellent. I spent hours looking for a coupon/code but
none of them worked. Finally called ST and asked for a code. They generated a 30% code for me :D As for buying on Amazon, you DO
know that the device you're buying it for has to be purchased from Amazon as well. That isn't made clear on the Amazon site but it was verified by
two Amazon reps and a ST rep.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

As with any insurance purchase you're gambling that you don't have to use it. Also, with something like a tablet it's probably the case that a replacement will be cheaper than what you paid for it. (Unless you damage it right away). For that reason I only insured my Note 10.1 for $499 instead of the $549 that I paid for it. $500 is a dividing line in SquareTrade where policies cost more.

Also, if you use the following coupon code you'll get 35% off the purchase price for your SquareTrade policy.

xv781j

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

They probably don't, but I'd be careful about saying such things on a public forum in case Square Trade (or Samsung) monitors forums like these.
I KNOW Ford monitors the Ford Flex forum I'm on. Just sayin' :)

ps...to OP, I bought the Square Trade plan from Square Trade. The reviews are excellent. I spent hours looking for a coupon/code but
none of them worked. Finally called ST and asked for a code. They generated a 30% code for me :D As for buying on Amazon, you DO
know that the device you're buying it for has to be purchased from Amazon as well. That isn't made clear on the Amazon site but it was verified by
two Amazon reps and a ST rep.

I just purchased it on squaretrade.com AMD I got the 2 year plan with a 30% discount costing 69.99 but what do you mean I need to buy it on amazon as well??? I only have till the 21st to do this till my 30 day is up.

If I've helped at all hit the thanks button! B-)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

Costco and Amazon sell SquareTrade policies but only for products that you purchased at their location.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Or am I fine with what I got from squaretrade alone?

Russell, what I meant was if you buy a ST warranty from Amazon, it's only good for the device you bought from Amazon.
When I went looking for a ST warranty, I found them listed (like any other item for sale). It seemed like I could buy the ST warranty
from Amazon for a device purchased anywhere. Didn't seem logical but I never found a statement saying "this warranty is valid only
for purchases made on Amazon. So, before I bought it I called them and asked. The rep was "fairly" sure you had to buy the
device from them. Hung up and called again. This time the rep sent me a link with the statement that it was only for purchases from Amazon.
So no, you don't need two. You're good to go :D

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site

Sweet thanks. And I was going to buy square trade from amazon but since I got a 30% coupon for my first ST purchase it was cheaper from ST themselves this time. I did buy the tablet from amazon so it would have been fine. But that's good to know for the future

JWankel

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
No, thankfully. Google "SquareTrade fraud" & judge for yourself. Good you asked, though a quick search would've been faster. Hope you haven't commited to anything with them. They charge a lot relatively, and seldom pay out on claims, it appears.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Charge a lot relative to what? A $125 2 year plan averages to about $5/month, which is much less than most insurance plans offered by wireless providers. Do they seldom pay out because they're not adhering to the contract (which of course would be illegal), or do they seldom pay out because people didn't read the fine print and expected more to be covered? I would venture to say that if you Googled any kind of insurance, whether it was for electronics, cars, homes, or health, you're bound to come across complaints and accusations of fraud.