stock browser s2 plus

creep50

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 4.2.2 update on my s2 plus (didn't I get it pretty late??)

and I was wondering about the ''settings button''(the one on the left to the hard home button )..usually on previous version you could press it to get the address bar up..but now for some reason it dosnt seem to happen

And since am new to the site and this is my first smartphone (I have had it for about a month) I would like to ask how this phone handles this softwere version 4.2.2 better or worse then previous??...because when I first downloaded it it seemed to drain the battery really fast

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I can't comment on the hard menu button after your update, but in the browser, you typically can bring up the URL bar easily by swiping on the screen a little.

It's relatively common for the battery to drain a little faster immediately after a system update. This is sometimes due to increased overall use of the phone to try out new features, but other times the system might become a little glitchy. Clearing the system cache partition can help the latter issue by "clearing out the cobwebs," so to speak. You won't lose any personal data. Follow the instructions here for the S2: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

creep50

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Ahh thank you for the information about the guide

but what I ment with the URL is that it used to show up when I would press the "options" button (dont quite know what it is called) ...the one that gives you the "find on page" and desktop view options along with others...whenever I would press it in the old version the URL would show up..but now I have to scroll the page all the way up which can be a pain on long pages. Expeccially if you need to find something again

Also on an unrelated note.. does what you said mean that tge battery will slow down back to normal again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With either Chrome or the stock Android Browser, I can bring up the URL bar easily by just scrolling up a little, not all the way up. That doesn't work for you?

And I can't guarantee that a cache wipe will improve your battery life, but it often does help in this situation, at least partially. If the increased battery drain is due to increased usage after an update, then it should revert back to normal once your usage pattern goes back to normal as well.

Posted via Android Central App

creep50

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
"With either Chrome or the stock Android*Browser, I can bring up the URL bar easily by just scrolling up a little, not all the way up. That doesn't work for you?"

Nobe..it dosnt

it never happaned on the old version ether I always just pressed the "options" button when I needed it on the old version

...any way to fix your it???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Stock browser..I found it to be the fasteer then chrome with boigger support for videos and such

So, with the stock Browser, what happens if you're on a webpage and you swipe down a little (i.e., scrolling the webpage up a little)? Does it only just scroll a little, without the URL bar emerging from the top of the screen? On my Razr Maxx's stock Browser (based on the AOSP Browser), the URL bar comes into view as soon as I swipe down on the page.

creep50

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Nothing it just scrolls up and down a little the URL bar does not appear

is there a way that I can just downgrade my phone into the previous andriod verion withot damaging it..I tried a facory resetbut it didnt help

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No I dont have quick controlles turned on

but about downgrading..is it completely safe? Or could it damage my phone somehow?

Sorry about the delay...downgrading won't hurt anything. Could you post a screenshot of the browser?

From a Sprint Moto X using the AC forums app.

creep50

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I would and I even took the screenshots but I dont quite know how to post them on the site ...atleast not from the phone

its just the stock browser tho. The one that says internet on the main menu

But does the downgrade have alot of roomto screwing something up?

What is the phone doing? Is to it "upgrading" into the world downgrade

creep50

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
i finally got a (old slow and dusty) computer working so i can get a quicker replies

i am trying to downgrade it and the site that was given to me above had a link to this one......Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

apparently i am supposed to find the firmware version i am supposed to downgrade to in there, but it confuses me..i have no idea which one i am supposed to take

i live in Iceland but the phone was bought in the Netherlands and i have no idea where they got it...the phone always had Icelandic as one of the languages in it regardless..
its a galaxy s2 plus and i think GT-I9105P rather then GT-I9105

i am going to need some help here

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i finally got a (old slow and dusty) computer working so i can get a quicker replies

i am trying to downgrade it and the site that was given to me above had a link to this one......Firmware archive | Samsung Updates

apparently i am supposed to find the firmware version i am supposed to downgrade to in there, but it confuses me..i have no idea which one i am supposed to take

i live in Iceland but the phone was bought in the Netherlands and i have no idea where they got it...the phone always had Icelandic as one of the languages in it regardless..
its a galaxy s2 plus and i think GT-I9105P rather then GT-I9105

i am going to need some help here

You can plug the phone into Kies, and it will show you the region code in parenthesis.

creep50

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Well it turns out that my compiter sucks and it refuses to let my phone sync up to kias

Anything else I can do?

and is it really normal that the url(adress bar) dosnt show up when you press the menu key on the phone...how to they expect you to use it...I did many google searches but I didnt find anything

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I can't look. The only device I have I deleted the stock browser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky