The official I got my Nexus 7 thread XD

youther

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I had pre-orderd one from GS for my wife's birthday which is Aug 3rd. Of course they called this am saying it was ready for pick-up. When I went there they had to do the special $99,999 deal but the sales person didn't say why, now I know why as per above post. I was the only person to pre-order one at this particular GS.

I went ahead and gave it to her early because I was just as excited to let her have it and start using it. She seems to really like it so far.

Anyone wanna buy a used kindle....;) LOL!

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I got the text this morning saying to pick it up. I called and they said that they did not have the shipment yet but may have it by the afternoon.
After work (around 4) I went in and the kid said that he had been told yesterday not to release them (so they were in the store the whole time) but that when he came in today, they had received a memo saying to give out the preorders only and that the tablet was in the system for $99,999.99 so they could not sell them to none preordered people.

I was very happy to get it, I was the first one to actually preorder it at my local GS but a few had come in before me to pick theirs up. So far it is a fantastic device.
The one con I noticed was that the volume, like on my Galaxy Nexus, seems low, luckily I already bought Volume+ for the GN so I just downloaded it and problem rectified.

I also can confirm as well that I got the Transformers movie, the Bourne book, the magazines, AND the $25 credit as well right after registering the device. The credit is applied to whatever account you register the tablet to so be warned.

Now for all those pissed that GS customers got their's early, I personally was expecting to get mine a few weeks AFTER GP orders were shipped. I specifically ordered it from GameStop to not have to pay shipping AND to throw in a few used games to reduce the price (Which pretty much just covered the taxes). Now if we had not gotten ours yet and you (The Google Play complainers) had still gotten yours in a few days, what would have changed? Nothing. Google does not "Owe" anyone anything. If anything GS got Google to ship the other preorders earlier by forcing there hand, so GameStop allowing preorders to be picked up early actually helped GP customers. So please stow the complaining and the feelings of entitlement.

Now this is my first tablet, and I feel that it is an excellent device. I truely hope that ALL N7 orders get to their rightful hands quickly. Just note that you have one year to use that $25 credit btw, I saw that after that, they take the credit back.

I like the people who complain about the "complainers".

lescarpio

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Just picked mine up today after work from GameStop. Had a little difficulties with their systems because I don't think they were technically supposed to release them yet, but luckily I'm cool with the dude workin there (cause I go there a lot for my games).

Just turned it on; kudos to Google for the freebies!

Jelly Bean is awesome compared to my HTC Tbolt's dated Gingerbread.

Just waiting for accessories so I can get a case and a screen protector.

Smiles all around!!! :)

b0bbert

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't going to buy one but it was an impulse. Called the local Sam's club they had some. Drove on down and 5min later I walked out the door with my Nexus 7 in hand. $270 and some change. Just got home. Just noticed the Asus charger is rated for 2amp output. Did I just acquire a fast charger for my gsm gnex? The OEM gnex chargers are just 1amp. Also just got a system update!?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the text this morning saying to pick it up. I called and they said that they did not have the shipment yet but may have it by the afternoon.
After work (around 4) I went in and the kid said that he had been told yesterday not to release them (so they were in the store the whole time) but that when he came in today, they had received a memo saying to give out the preorders only and that the tablet was in the system for $99,999.99 so they could not sell them to none preordered people.

I was very happy to get it, I was the first one to actually preorder it at my local GS but a few had come in before me to pick theirs up. So far it is a fantastic device.
The one con I noticed was that the volume, like on my Galaxy Nexus, seems low, luckily I already bought Volume+ for the GN so I just downloaded it and problem rectified.

I also can confirm as well that I got the Transformers movie, the Bourne book, the magazines, AND the $25 credit as well right after registering the device. The credit is applied to whatever account you register the tablet to so be warned.

Now for all those pissed that GS customers got their's early, I personally was expecting to get mine a few weeks AFTER GP orders were shipped. I specifically ordered it from GameStop to not have to pay shipping AND to throw in a few used games to reduce the price (Which pretty much just covered the taxes). Now if we had not gotten ours yet and you (The Google Play complainers) had still gotten yours in a few days, what would have changed? Nothing. Google does not "Owe" anyone anything. If anything GS got Google to ship the other preorders earlier by forcing there hand, so GameStop allowing preorders to be picked up early actually helped GP customers. So please stow the complaining and the feelings of entitlement.

Now this is my first tablet, and I feel that it is an excellent device. I truely hope that ALL N7 orders get to their rightful hands quickly. Just note that you have one year to use that $25 credit btw, I saw that after that, they take the credit back.

If anyone needs to stow any feelings, its you and your feeling of righteousness, just because you got yours already do you feel as though you are smarter than anyone else who ordered through the GP Store? Google does owe us something, preferably refunded shipping costs. I pre-ordered on the GP Store and it helps promote their business model that they have been trying to get off the ground since the Nexus One. What exactly is the point of being an early pre-orderer through their store then? I specifically chose the GP Store because I liked the idea of Google selling the product themselves, but now I don't think I will ever order from them again.

How would you feel if someone who pre-ordered an N7 yesterday was in front of you in line when you were picking yours up and when you stepped up to claim yours they told you the last guy got the last one. You were still had a pre-order. So did he, if only for 24 hours or so. Meanwhile, you pre-ordered before him but now you have nothing to show for it. Trust me when I say you'd be pissed too. And this doesn't even factor in that we paid for 2-day shipping to get an N7 LATER than everyone who didn't pre-order on day one from the Play Store.

I know some are saying that GS is directly violating Google's wishes by selling the N7 early, but why couldn't Google just send our Play Store pre-orders out with the retail shipments? The organization in this launch just wasn't there, and its frustrating.

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I preordered mine and I'm not too upset about not getting it until next week. I'm actually happy to see that people are able to get them. I was expecting to see the N7 released more towards the end of month in spite of what Google said. However, IMHO preorders are crucial to any launch for both advertising and commitment. If preorder numbers are positive they offer manufactures an opportunity to tout their product in the media. We saw this with the N7, GS III and various iproducts. As such, I feel the only one truly hurt here is Google as I know this subject will come up the next time they try to launch a product, and I for one will probably think twice before placing an order.

kalex

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Preordered mine on june 27th before keynote was over. 0 communication from google, no tracking number nothing. Tried to cancel the order and they were unable to cancel it because it was too late. Kind of stuck in the middle. And yes that shipping charge is idiotic. I guess I'll try to get it credited back when I'll get my supposed pre order

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Purchased a 16GB via Google a few days ago (it took me a bit to convince myself to buy one). I got a notification that it "shipped" 10 minutes ago (aka, waiting at a loading dock for UPS).

On one hand, I'm not really happy that I had to wait while retailers were selling them today. I'm willing to bet that part of it is that Google doesn't have a good grasp on "release management" like other companies do (aka Apple, most video game manufacturers, music companies and Amazon). That's not really their "bag." They botched this good. They probably don't care also since they aren't making big bucks off the margin (they hope you'll buy from their cloud services). Their goal is to get it out to as many people as possible as quickly as possible.

Apple is better at this sort of thing because at heart they're a hardware company that is experienced in retail sales (as much as I despise Apple). Amazon owns online commerce and could teach any company lessons. Both have a clear online content catalog that they're trying to drive you to with their hardware. People think Google is a technology company - they're not. They're an advertising company that uses their technology to sell advertising. They want to be big in the content market because it's a big market with high margins. The tablet is just a vehicle to reach that goal. With Apple and Amazon having a large lead on them, I don't think they'll be able to catch up to make that big of an impact on the content market.

I still plan to enjoy the tablet though.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
If anyone needs to stow any feelings, its you and your feeling of righteousness, just because you got yours already do you feel as though you are smarter than anyone else who ordered through the GP Store? Google does owe us something, preferably refunded shipping costs. I pre-ordered on the GP Store and it helps promote their business model that they have been trying to get off the ground since the Nexus One. What exactly is the point of being an early pre-orderer through their store then? I specifically chose the GP Store because I liked the idea of Google selling the product themselves, but now I don't think I will ever order from them again.

How would you feel if someone who pre-ordered an N7 yesterday was in front of you in line when you were picking yours up and when you stepped up to claim yours they told you the last guy got the last one. You were still had a pre-order. So did he, if only for 24 hours or so. Meanwhile, you pre-ordered before him but now you have nothing to show for it. Trust me when I say you'd be pissed too. And this doesn't even factor in that we paid for 2-day shipping to get an N7 LATER than everyone who didn't pre-order on day one from the Play Store.

I know some are saying that GS is directly violating Google's wishes by selling the N7 early, but why couldn't Google just send our Play Store pre-orders out with the retail shipments? The organization in this launch just wasn't there, and its frustrating.

Well, I apologize if I sounded "Self Righteous" to you. I thought I made it clear when I said that I was expecting mine a few weeks after GP orders went in. I did order mine the first day GS was taking preorders (Note: second day of all preorders) Did I figure that stores would get them before separate people because it is cheaper to mail large bulk to single locations than single units to individuals? yes, but I did not think GS would release them early. But since they did, my only point was that Google does not OWE anyone else anything. I have never cared when someone else got something when it was out of there control. If a guy in the SAME store as me is behind me and gets one and I don't yes, that is upsetting. If a guy in San Diego gets on four hours after I tried and failed to get one in NY, no, call me silly but I do not take that personally, nor would I feel entitled to anything special.

And for the record, I half assumed that I would not get one even though my GS had them, assuming that since I had to wait to get out of work, that others may have gotten the few in the store before I got there, and I know I was the first to preorder at my local store. BUT if I did arrive to find they were out, I would not feel that GS owed me anything, I would have just waited for more to come in because GS is a store and they can only release as many as they have. If they have 10 preorders and got 8 and #s 2-9 pick theirs up and I am #1, then I am SOL until I can get one.

Now you ordered a device online, knowing shipping was going to be charged. Given a very open date of 2-3 weeks, which was met if it is being shipped soon, and are mad at others for walking into a local store and letting them pay for the shipping. I still do not see how anyone would feel entitled to have Google pay for a device you ordered shipped to your house. I drove to my GameStop and ordered the device and drove back again to pick up the device like every other person that ordered it at a brick and mortar store. We just happen to get lucky with GS deciding to release their stock to the people that had preordered early. Which, like I said, probably forced Google to then release yours early. So once again, I meant no "better than anyone else" undertones in my statement. Just that GameStop was actually getting all Google Play orders sent out early by forcing their hand.

Last edited:

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I only care what Google has to say about this. The detractors can say what they will, it doesn't interest me.

I also ordered before the keynote was over. The reasons we feel wronged:

-We got in the earliest
-We ordered from the source
-We paid a hefty premium for shipping that people going to brick and mortar stores aren't, which quite frankly is staggeringly out of step for online retail

We all -knowingly- did this, out of a fervent support for Google and this device and perhaps a little misplaced trust. We should at the -very least- be rewarded by getting devices in hand as soon as anyone else. That implied promise was -the only reason- I signed on with the shipping charges and tax. It was the only place you could pre-order on 6/27. We had every reason to believe these first orders would be fulfilled first.

Google missed their chance to deliver Play orders in accordance with expectations. We will likely get them several days after a large number of people. This must be remedied.

Last edited:

Roberts3000

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Preordered mine on june 27th before keynote was over. Still not herd anything. How is it that people ordered a few days ago are getting shipping notification?

toxicsociety

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I got my Nexus 7 today and it's a fantastic little guy. Very solid feeling. I got it from Gamestop and I feel bad for those who Google Play screwed over... but I assume they will fix this in the future. They are young in the hardware business. It will get better.

If anyone has any questions about the device, let me know. So far it's fast and almost awkwardly smooth at times. When swiping through the apps and widgets, it feels fake because it's such a high frame rate. Kind of like when you see an ad on TV where they show a monitor dragging though a website and it's clearly cgi effects.

I got the credit and I assume the movie, though I have had little time to play with it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74