The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)

quantum_futurist

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This is a little crazy compared to what the guy from sac was getting. IR's so much less. But this is from 4G that I don't believe should even be activated yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367142440606.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367142440606.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 109

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
HSPA+ is a dead end technology. Which is why TMo is rushing to patch together an LTE network now. You basically have 3g on steroids. Its all good, though. Won't be long before Softbank/Sprint/Clearwire gobbles up TMo/Metro PCS.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Random speed test from an area that I just started getting lte in within the past week.

Btw, yes, with Sprint
tyte6e3u.jpg

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing something like this more and more on Sprint LTE in Chicago.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367244355347.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367244355347.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 37

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So after 10 Years I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile . And I must say I am truly impressed. Here is the data speed on my nexus 4 hspa+ View attachment 66367View attachment 66368

I was getting .02 Mbps on 3g and about 3 Mbps on 4g lte. That is the reason I left sprint. Slow speeds high prices ridiculous 2yr contracts . I am very happy buying my phone full price and having a cheap plan.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Even with cheaper plans it still isnt cheaper than Sprint lol.....and much less unlimited. So what, do you live stream videos that u need all that bandwidth?? lmao...

I'm happy paying $50-200 dollars (on sale even cheaper) for a $500-700+ dollar phones, have normal speeds that are only getting better, and pay less.

:rolleyes::cool:;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, sweet!

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

I had a purple battery too, but lost it on my last flash. Haven't had time to put out back on. Yes, I like purple. Yes, I'm a straight guy.

:p

Btw, Sprint has improved vastly over the past 2 years in my opinion. At my house, I'm averaging 27mbps down. Used to only get 5-8, and sub par 3g speeds

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I had a purple battery too, but lost it on my last flash. Haven't had time to put out back on. Yes, I like purple. Yes, I'm a straight guy.

:p

Btw, Sprint has improved vastly over the past 2 years in my opinion. At my house, I'm averaging 27mbps down. Used to only get 5-8, and sub par 3g speeds

Its plenty Sacramento king Latin brother street gang members and others who are straight and wear and like purple. My fav is green though.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Melli you have to get some new Screenshot tests. You always post that same one with the February date lol :p

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha u right I got this in my basement

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367335338689.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367335338689.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 42

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
This is Sprint speeds in Hawaii Kai today.
Sprint speeds in Hawaii is Bad.

I have been a Nextel/Sprint customer since 1999.

I will switch to T-mobile starting tomorrow when my wife and I HTC One's will come in.

My sisters S3 on T-mobile has pretty good download speeds on HSPA+(12-20MB)
and uploads of about(2-4MB) at her work and at home.

As well as my coworkers that have T-mobile they have really good
data speeds and coverage indoors(pretty much same as above).

Sprint 4G Wimax cannot I mean cannot penetrate any walls at work. I have to be next to a open Window
for Wimax to catch and if it does?It drops out so easily.
Not to mention it's a huge battery drain. 2500MHZ is really weak
when indoors.

I am paying almost 160 dollars a month with a 24% discount and insurance on our O.G Evo's.

With T-mobile my bill will be about 150 dollars(15% corporate discount off the top of the bill) for 2 lines.
Both Unlimited minutes, unlimited text, free wifi calling (from any where in the world),
My data plan will have unlimited data no throttled +(500 mb hotspot) and my wife's data plan will be the 2.5 GB data with hotspot included).
No 2 year contract will make it easy for me to switch carriers.
All you are obligated to is pay off the cost of the phone,

Best of all... once I pay off the phones? 40 dollars will come of my bill. Which would be about 110 dollars for my family plan.
that would be about a 50 dollar savings each month.

I have already sat down and confirmed my total cost(taxes and fees) when I signed up with T-Mobile.

I also heard that there are some
Lte towers live in and around Honolulu as we speak?

For me it wasn't just about data speed. But what value I can get
From my hard earned cash now and in the long run.
It was hard to switch carriers because I have been with Sprint
which seems like forever.

But as long time Sprint customers know, in recent years,Sprint has started to nickle and dime us i.e
got rid of the gold(1 year upgrades) and silver membership customer rewards. Corporate discounts are only applied to
just the primary line in the account now. Added a 10 dollar premium data(look at my photo below x 2 phones) charge on each smartphone
after the O.G Evo came out.

Hopefully, if Softbank is successful at buying Sprint out,They will offer better plans to Sprint customers.

I have been off contract for almost a year now. I was trying to be patient to see this NV through.
I also frequent the S4GRU forums.This is a great site in regards to Sprint NV Updates and information.

I have frequently asked about NV in Honolulu.To which I normally get an answer of... no new information or probably by the end of
2013 for NV upgrades.

I know Sprint will have great data speeds down the road once NV is completed.

However, price point and current
T-mobile bringing back (unlimited data) & speeds tipped the scale for me.

EDIT: I just found this tidbit at Tmonews.

T-Mobile?s LTE rollout has already gotten under way with seven markets live and serving the customers in those markets. Seven markets may seem small compared to the depth of competitors rollouts, but T-Mobile is set to bump their LTE market count in the coming weeks with a number of launches in May and a rumored two dozen markets going live in June. T-Mobile is expected to have more than 100 million pops before the end of Summer and 200 million pops covered before the end of the year.

Included in the May rollout are Richmond, VA; Honolulu and Maui, Minneapolis and Austin/San Antonio. Assuming the rumored timetables I?m hearing stay on schedule, all of those markets are on schedule to go live before the last day of May. Other potential May markets (pending construction schedules) include Stockton, Modesto, some of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Oakland and Fremont.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367811123795.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367811123795.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This is Sprint speeds in Hawaii Kai today.
Sprint speeds in Hawaii is Bad.

I have been a Nextel/Sprint customer since 1999.

I will switch to T-mobile starting tomorrow when my wife and I HTC One's will come in.

My sisters S3 on T-mobile has pretty good download speeds on HSPA+(12-20MB)
and uploads of about(2-4MB) at her work and at home.

As well as my coworkers that have T-mobile they have really good
data speeds and coverage indoors(pretty much same as above).

Sprint 4G Wimax cannot I mean cannot penetrate any walls at work. I have to be next to a open Window
for Wimax to catch and if it does?It drops out so easily.
Not to mention it's a huge battery drain. 2500MHZ is really weak
when indoors.

I am paying almost 160 dollars a month with a 24% discount and insurance on our O.G Evo's.

With T-mobile my bill will be about 150 dollars(15% corporate discount off the top of the bill) for 2 lines.
Both Unlimited minutes, unlimited text, free wifi calling (from any where in the world),
My data plan will have unlimited data no throttled +(500 mb hotspot) and my wife's data plan will be the 2.5 GB data with hotspot included).
No 2 year contract will make it easy for me to switch carriers.
All you are obligated to is pay off the cost of the phone,

Best of all... once I pay off the phones? 40 dollars will come of my bill. Which would be about 110 dollars for my family plan.
that would be about a 50 dollar savings each month.

I have already sat down and confirmed my total cost(taxes and fees) when I signed up with T-Mobile.

I also heard that there are some
Lte towers live in and around Honolulu as we speak?

For me it wasn't just about data speed. But what value I can get
From my hard earned cash now and in the long run.
It was hard to switch carriers because I have been with Sprint
which seems like forever.

But as long time Sprint customers know, in recent years,Sprint has started to nickle and dime us i.e
got rid of the gold(1 year upgrades) and silver membership customer rewards. Corporate discounts are only applied to
just the primary line in the account now. Added a 10 dollar premium data(look at my photo below x 2 phones) charge on each smartphone
after the O.G Evo came out.

Hopefully, if Softbank is successful at buying Sprint out,They will offer better plans to Sprint customers.

I have been off contract for almost a year now. I was trying to be patient to see this NV through.
I also frequent the S4GRU forums.This is a great site in regards to Sprint NV Updates and information.

I have frequently asked about NV in Honolulu.To which I normally get an answer of... no new information or probably by the end of
2013 for NV upgrades.

I know Sprint will have great data speeds down the road once NV is completed.

However, price point and current
T-mobile bringing back (unlimited data) & speeds tipped the scale for me.

EDIT: I just found this tidbit at Tmonews.

T-Mobile?s LTE rollout has already gotten under way with seven markets live and serving the customers in those markets. Seven markets may seem small compared to the depth of competitors rollouts, but T-Mobile is set to bump their LTE market count in the coming weeks with a number of launches in May and a rumored two dozen markets going live in June. T-Mobile is expected to have more than 100 million pops before the end of Summer and 200 million pops covered before the end of the year.

Included in the May rollout are Richmond, VA; Honolulu and Maui, Minneapolis and Austin/San Antonio. Assuming the rumored timetables I?m hearing stay on schedule, all of those markets are on schedule to go live before the last day of May. Other potential May markets (pending construction schedules) include Stockton, Modesto, some of Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Oakland and Fremont.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

K. byebye.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Sprint rocks!

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367868372613.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367868372613.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 29

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
K. byebye.
Yup lilotimz your absolutely right aloha means goodbye to Sprint!
... To bad Sprint has bad service
Up to this point here in Hawaii.
As of last night been on T-mobile. And boy what a difference in coverage and speed and price point compared to Sprint.
Again, yes goodbye and good riddance to Sprint
And too melli.. What was this about the grass is greener on the
Other side? Your absolutely right too! It's is. Thanks for advice
And moving on from Sprint. I was wasting my money patiently
Waiting for NV to start here. While I was stuck with 90kbs download speeds.
Again thanks guys!
Aloha

Sent from my One Coconut Wireless

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup lilotimz your absolutely right aloha means goodbye to Sprint!
... To bad Sprint has bad service
Up to this point here in Hawaii.
As of last night been on T-mobile. And boy what a difference in coverage and speed and price point compared to Sprint.
Again, yes goodbye and good riddance to Sprint
And too melli.. What was this about the grass is greener on the
Other side? Your absolutely right too! It's is. Thanks for advice
And moving on from Sprint. I was wasting my money patiently
Waiting for NV to start here. While I was stuck with 90kbs download speeds.
Again thanks guys!
Aloha

Sent from my One Coconut Wireless

That's cool if you want to leave but to come here and jus trash talk and even point a forum member is uncool. I am in a NV area so it isn't that bad.. But if your not I definitely can't blame you for leaving because I probably would to if I was stuck with only 3g..But bashing people isn't required :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
People love to bash sprint. It's a thing. I. Consistently get over 40mbps and Pay less than most t mobile customers. I also have my sprint number as my Google Voice number. It's gorgeous.

Anyway. Point is, I'm over haters. Check the Sprint forums, Facebook, anywhere. They are all vile people. Sprint has some great fans, but a lot of vile toxic customers and I'm fine with them leaving.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2