The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
That's cool if you want to leave but to come here and jus trash talk and even point a forum member is uncool. I am in a NV area so it isn't that bad.. But if your not I definitely can't blame you for leaving because I probably would to if I was stuck with only 3g..But bashing people isn't required :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Where in my thread am I trash talking. . I was just telling it like it is. For me speeds are slow with Sprint in Hawaii. I even went on to say "I am sure Sprint the will be better after NV. But for me, now, I can't be wasting my money on company that I am paying good chunk of change for data speeds that makes dail up look like broadband.
And if your referring to mellime? He goes all over the forums posting the picture of the same sprint
Speed test as you see in this thread.
When I was on the fence about moving over to T-mobile. He replied to me in a T-mobile thread "that
The grass isn't always greener on the other side" .
So I'm just letting him know for me it sure it.

Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Where in my thread am I trash talking. . I was just telling it like it is. For me speeds are slow with Sprint in Hawaii. I even went on to say "I am sure Sprint the will be better after NV. But for me, now, I can't be wasting my money on company that I am paying good chunk of change for data speeds that makes dail up look like broadband.
And if your referring to mellime? He goes all over the forums posting the picture of the same sprint
Speed test as you see in this thread.
When I was on the fence about moving over to T-mobile. He replied to me in a T-mobile thread "that
The grass isn't always greener on the other side" .
So I'm just letting him know for me it sure it.

OK so what if I do post speed results. I'm just showing sprint haters like yourself that sprint has high speeds also and FYI I posted a near 10mb test in my BASEMENT btw. So like others said if u wanted to leave ok fine but the T-Mobile is the shi comments can stop especially since they can't penetrate a wet bag here lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
People love to bash sprint. It's a thing. I. Consistently get over 40mbps and Pay less than most t mobile customers. I also have my sprint number as my Google Voice number. It's gorgeous.

Anyway. Point is, I'm over haters. Check the Sprint forums, Facebook, anywhere. They are all vile people. Sprint has some great fans, but a lot of vile toxic customers and I'm fine with them leaving.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

If you were paying 160.00 dollars a month for
2 lines with data so slow that trying to open a website that takes literally 2 minutes to open, you would be vile and toxic too as you put it.
Beginning of last year Sprint was Ok here. But some how their network went south. And data speeds came to a crawl.
Calls to Sprint only went so far to say " were really sorry but all of our towers are working, yada, yada, yada. I was trying to be patient, but as you know... Money talks. It's good that you can get 40mb speeds where your at. If we here in Hawaii had that types of speeds. We wouldn't be having this discussion. Would we.?

Just because I came here to say
Sprint speeds are bad (in Hawaii), in a
Sprint Speed test thread mind you.
And you didn't like what I wrote?
You could of just skipped my post and
Moved
on.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
OK so what if I do post speed results. I'm just showing sprint haters like yourself that sprint has high speeds also and FYI I posted a near 10mb test in my BASEMENT btw. So like others said if u wanted to leave ok fine but the T-Mobile is the shi comments can stop especially since they can't penetrate a wet bag here lol.

Funny you say I am a Sprint hater...
I been with Sprint since 1999.
I'll tell you something. Melli, I gave it some thought about sticking it out with Sprint. However, you all forget that there are some areas in the us that don't have
Sprint's upgraded network. Speeds are real bad. Like I said I frequent the S4GRU
Forum ever since it went live last March.
I was patient for over a year. I always
Checked up on the progress in the Hawaii area with Robert. Even as recent as last month Robert had no new information about NV in Hawaii. He went on to say the legacy network there is
Over saturated. He suggested... With no
Information in sight he suggested that
I should move on to a carrier that could
Provide me with better service. Simply
Put that's what I did.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If you were paying 160.00 dollars a month for
2 lines with data so slow that trying to open a website that takes literally 2 minutes to open, you would be vile and toxic too as you put it.
Beginning of last year Sprint was Ok here. But some how their network went south. And data speeds came to a crawl.
Calls to Sprint only went so far to say " were really sorry but all of our towers are working, yada, yada, yada. I was trying to be patient, but as you know... Money talks. It's good that you can get 40mb speeds where your at. If we here in Hawaii had that types of speeds. We wouldn't be having this discussion. Would we.?

Just because I came here to say
Sprint speeds are bad (in Hawaii), in a
Sprint Speed test thread mind you.
And you didn't like what I wrote?
You could of just skipped my post and
Moved
on.

I would have left in your situation too. I don't think anyone blames you. I'm just saying ex Sprint customers seem to have some sort of vendetta to bring Sprint down.

90% of the time, selling your device will knock out an ETF. ETFs are easy to handle and cheaper to pay them than to continue paying for poor monthly service. Chew your lumps and move on.

Or, actually do something about it and hire a lawyer. But no need to troll the boards for a carrier you left. That's just sad.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Mellimel22,

This picture is in my central plant at work.
I am 2 stories underground also
Surrounded by concrete. Our company Nextel Phones nor my Evo 4G could get a signal here. But with my HTC One on T-mobile this is the coverage and data speeds I spoke of. So your T-Mobile penetration assumption is false in my case.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368048595529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368048595529.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 27

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I would have left in your situation too. I don't think anyone blames you. I'm just saying ex Sprint customers seem to have some sort of vendetta to bring Sprint down.

90% of the time, selling your device will knock out an ETF. ETFs are easy to handle and cheaper to pay them than to continue paying for poor monthly service. Chew your lumps and move on.

Or, actually do something about it and hire a lawyer. But no need to troll the boards for a carrier you left. That's just sad.

Point taken... Smcolbert,

However, at the time I posted my response here, I was still a Sprint customer. And have been off contract since April 2012.I waited patiently
For sprint to upgrade to LTE and their 3G
Which to this point is still not clear for the Hawaii market.

And with that, I gave my honest experience with Sprint. Maybe, some of you? People who don't like anything negative said about sprint?
Sorry, if it offended you.

Let's flip this around....
You don't see me giving back wise remarks To the people who have great coverage and data speeds.
That's great if you do . I am happy for you.
Still, I don't see where I am trolling as you say. This is my honest experience with Sprint.

That's why we have these forums for?
Right? A place where we can share
Information and discuss and give our opinion and experiences.

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Mellimel22,

This picture is in my central plant at work.
I am 2 stories underground also
Surrounded by concrete. Our company Nextel Phones nor my Evo 4G could get a signal here. But with my HTC One on T-mobile this is the coverage and data speeds I spoke of. So your T-Mobile penetration assumption is false in my case.

OK like I said if T-Mobile is working for u where u are fine but T-Mobile here is flat out GARBAGE. U can get those speeds outside here but step inside any morden or brick house and u are flipping in between 4 and 3g like its the circus lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's cool if you want to leave but to come here and jus trash talk and even point a forum member is uncool. I am in a NV area so it isn't that bad.. But if your not I definitely can't blame you for leaving because I probably would to if I was stuck with only 3g.

you all forget that there are some areas in the us that don't have
Sprint's upgraded network. Speeds are real bad.

Re-read my post. Thanks :).

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
No one wins in an argument on the internet. :)

Look, we're all here to share our experiences. This post is about Sprint's data speeds. Everything I read looked like fair game, and I didn't see any obvious trolling.

Everyone needs to understand that you can't make generalizations that this carrier is good or bad or better or worse overall. Each one has positives and negatives. You have to figure out what works best for you.

And if you do read something that you think is out of line, just ignore it. The first rule of the internet: DON'T FEED THE TROLLS :)

Posted via Android Central App

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Saw these first 6 speeds here in Raleigh near the sams club :thumbup::D

Courtesy of My LT3VO :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368200096618.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368200096618.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 86

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
At my house on 3G wifi...

uploadfromtaptalk1368203331707.jpg

Outside the Sprint store in town, 25 miles away...

uploadfromtaptalk1368203411497.jpg

I'll be patient for unlimited. But let's get a move on please. :eek:

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Miami FL random speed tests throughout the city.

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368902606828.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368902606828.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 67
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368902617022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368902617022.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368902626434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368902626434.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 67
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368902644426.jpg