To those who think you don't need a screen protector for S8

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely more scratch prone. Ironically, I would not say it is any better at shatter-proofing either. This was an issue on the Note7 as well and it carried over to the S8 series.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
My 2 cents, I think you should be fairly safe if you are not keeping your phone in a pocket or other storage with other items (keys, change other objects that may abrade the screen) i have also found that few cases play well with screen protectors.

Cheers,
BR

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping it would be improved this year over the S7 but it doesn't appear so.

My S7 Edge last year looked downright ugly from so many scratches and I take really good care of my phone.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Google Pixel XL here (Gorilla Glass 4), seven months in and not a single scratch or any other damage to the screen or body. Has been in a Spigen "Slim Armour" case since day 1, but no screen protector (can't stand them).

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why people don't treat their phones better. I've always taken precautions against scratching my phone I mean after all these things are very expensive! if your that hard on phones just put the proper cases on them! But we shouldn't be hearing anything about scratches or cracked glass anymore with all these accessories available..... my 2 cents.....

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Yeah AOD have some useful features I don't think you use the phone with the screen off and under a direct light all the time. Screen protectors look awful when actually using the phone, with the screen on

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping it would be improved this year over the S7 but it doesn't appear so.

My S7 Edge last year looked downright ugly from so many scratches and I take really good care of my phone.

Back of my is scratched up, sand got into the case without me knowing it and ate away at the back. Screen got scratched in only a few days without a protector as well.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
The glass is not scratching. It's the Oleophobic coating. Hard to see unless the screen is off and you shine a light at a certain angle. Everyone will see these eventually over time if they look hard enough.
Can these be buffed out then without causing more harm than the cosmetic frustration of the scratch?