Torn between 120Hz and QHD

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
As the title suggests, I am super torn between deciding what will be my default. The120Hz is buttery smooth, but I really had no complaints with the 60Hz refresh rate. The drop-off between QHD and FHD is not as dramatic as I thought it would be, partly because this screen is so bright (definitely brighter than my Note 10+ is) but it's definitely noticeable. The screen is (for me) the important feature ever since my first Android phone. It just sucks having to chose either or. Either gimp the display, or gimp the refresh rate... Not sure what I will ultimately chose. I'm going to give both a fair shot and decide which I'm willing to give up. Wonder how everyone else feels about it?

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site
120hz over WQHD+ for me, no brainer. The 120hz over 60hz is a night and day difference, the WQHD+ over FHD+ not so much.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
120hz for sure. The only time I notice the screen is at 1080P is when I am playing games. It definitely isn't as sharp as QHD.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Going to be completely honest. I was switching back and forth between 60 and Adaptive (120), and I can't really tell a difference in scrolling. I left it at Adaptive for now.

I always had my Note 8 at Quad HD for the whole time. But now that I am running the N20U at HD+, I really can't tell the difference.

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I thought I would have this same query but after seeing what 120hz does... I'm sold. Everything is so buttery smooth it's almost fake. Like when you saw a 60fps video for the first time haha

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have said this before but I absolutely see zero difference between high refresh rate screens and ones without them. Moving between various phones I have zero problem adjusting, probably a blessing that I can't make out difference

But still what the heck I keep it at 120 hz, I could start using another phone without 120 hz and have zero problems adjusting to it. And this isn't my first 120 hz or high refresh rate experience, I have had plenty of them and every time I have had the same experience.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have said this before but I absolutely see zero difference between high refresh rate screens and ones without them. Moving between various phones I have zero problem adjusting, probably a blessing that I can't make out difference

But still what the heck I keep it at 120 hz, I could start using another phone without 120 hz and have zero problems adjusting to it. And this isn't my first 120 hz or high refresh rate experience, I have had plenty of them and every time I have had the same experience.
Maybe you have adaptive eyesight

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
120hz reduced battery life on the S20 Ultra around 20%, unless they managed to change that on the Note 20 Ultra I wouldn't use it. There are still a lot of apps that don't support it, video and games don't support it, it's a drain on battery just to have a smoother UI and browsing experience.

BigMosley

Aug 19, 2020
Visit site

I think it's time to visit a optometrist lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliecoch