Trouble with version 6.0.1

Akram1

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Serious trouble with vesion 6.0.1 on samsung galaxy tab s2
On galaxy SM-T815 since this version was installed the guest profile is accessible with no restriction i could not delete it or put a finger print or even an acess code that means if the tablet is stolen it can be used

preload

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I got the same concern after the Marshmallow update which finally allows multiple accounts, but I noticed that a guest user can't do much. Only emergency calls, can't see contacts, apps are not there, can't see emails, sms etc.
However, unfortunately a guest user can see all files including those on the memory card, like photos etc.
Pretty stupid that a guest user account can't be deleted (like on my Mac).

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Guys, the odd thing is that gives you an option in Lollipop to delete the guest user but it don't work ...just do the following.

Use the pull down menu at top of home screen. Tap the Guest icon to switch to the Guest user.
When you're in the Guest user mode, use the pull down menu again and you'll notice that the Guest icon now says ' Delete Guest'

When you delete guest, it defaults to you as the user.

Unfortunately, when you go back to check, the user icon is still there. How crazy is that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Guys, you can delete the guest user in Lollipop. ...just do the following.

Use the pull down menu at top of home screen. Tap the Guest icon to switch to the Guest user.
When you're in the Guest user mode, use the pull down menu again and you'll notice that the Guest icon now says ' Delete Guest'

When you delete guest, it defaults to you as the user.

I don't have Marshmellow, so I don't know if this works in that version

This does not work..the guest account is still accessible. .....

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Uh, when I do the pull down menu I don't have a "Guest user" choice.

Moto XPE, Marshmallow 6.0

There should be an avatar top right when you swipe down from the status bar. Another way to access this option is through settings -users.

If you don't get that avatar maybe you'll need to set up your profile in the Contacts app.

Attachments

• 1466725654675.jpg
    1466725654675.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 48

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay, on the locked screen when I tap on my ugly face in the upper right corner and......HOLY CRAP! there's an Add User option. Wow.

Samsung Tab S2, Lollipop 5.1.1

(FWIW, the option to add user does not show when I try this on my Moto XPE 6.0)

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
True. But to add a user you have to be logged in to an administrator account. The guest account can't add an account. If you set up an account as administrator, you have to set a password or PIN just like you would on your account.

To be honest, password protecting the guest account is a work around and doesn't solve the problem of being unable to delete or disable it.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
True. But to add a user you have to be logged in to an administrator account.

Nooo, you don't. On the locked screen all I have to do is tap on my icon (upper right hand corner) and I get a drop down showing:

-Me
-New user
-Add user

Tapping on Add user gets you in without any password at all.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Ooooohhhh!!! I just did what you said and it allowed me to add an account from the lock screen without asking for my password or fingerprint. Bad juju.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Even if you password protected the guest account, and the locking the screen with that account, it still allows you to add an account like you said.

Edit: Oh and this also a problem in Lollipop as well. I'm still on Lollipop. Samsung hasn't updated the Tab S2 Nook...at least not yet.

Last edited:

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Is this a Samsung issue or a Goggle/Android issue? After all, the delete guest user option is available, but it just doesn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal