Upgrade fee: What a load of crap, Verizon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: What a load of crap, Verizon....

yes, you are wrong. The upgrade fee is $30. You can say it was $35 all you want, it wasn't. Those of us who have been verizon customers for awhile know what we are talking about. You are wrong.

Post a screen shot of the $35 upgrade fee. You can't because the upgrade fee is $30.

You do pay sales tax on the upgrade fee in many states, so if his sales tax rate is 16.67%, then the upgrade fee + sales tax would be $35, but where in the US is sales tax 16.67%?

I'm not posting a screen shot of anything and putting all my personal information out there, nor am I going to go through the trouble of blanking it all out just to satisfy you. I'm looking at the bill that I pay for 6 lines. I know exactly what it says. Have a good day.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm not posting a screen shot of anything and putting all my personal information out there, nor am I going to go through the trouble of blanking it all out just to satisfy you. I'm looking at the bill that I pay for 6 lines. I know exactly what it says. Have a good day.

It takes all of 2 minutes to take a screen shot and black out your phone numbers. Far less time than you have spent here posting, replying and reading.

You're not posting the screen shot because you know you were wrong. The upgrade fee is $30, not $35. It's the activation fee that is $35. The information is readily available on Verizon's site online if you do a simple search.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I guess what pisses me off is the attempt to hide it with the tiny print. Clicking on the question mark says it's for getting a new device and extending your contact for two years. Excuse me? Where's the reward for remaining a loyal customer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I think you should go to a carrier that uses no fine print! Like.........

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

All first line Verizon reps have the ability to do a $30 credit if a customer has a legitimate beef about something. But that is what they call a courtesy credit, not a refund of the upgrade fee. If you have something to complain about, they can give you a $30 credit. I usually get one twice a year for some issue or another.

If you simply call asking for your upgrade fee to be credited back, they won't do it. But if you complain about something, even a sales rep being rude, they will give you a $30 credit. So if you want your upgrade fee refunded, just claim someone was rude to you and you will get it, but don't ask for the upgrade fee to be refunded because you won't get it.

I have a friend who has been a Verizon Wireless customer since before Verizon Wireless existed that upgraded a few months ago who called in looking to get that upgrade fee credited back. It took a few escalations but eventually they did.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

Frankly, I wouldn't call that fine print. It's right where you'll see it, stated plainly (not legal-ese), in a reasonable font size, with a link to get more information. That's not fine print, that's relevant information presented in as simple & straightforward way as possible. Being mad about a fee doesn't make it shady.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

Sigh... Remembering the good old days when Verizon paid you $100 to renew ("New Every Two"), instead of charging you $30 to renew, like they do now. :'(

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Everyone should be using the Edge plan now anyways.

Not those of us with Unlimited data who want to keep it. If I go off Unlimited, I don't want to pay Verizon more $$ each month to finance a phone I am already paying a subsidy for.

Posted from my XT1080M

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Also, I got my upgrade/activation credited back after the price drop on the Maxx. I was outside the 14 days, and tried to talk them into $100 per phone, but I got $35 per phone. Not saying I "deserved" a consideration, but asking didn't cost me anything.

Posted from my XT1080M

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Not those of us with Unlimited data who want to keep it. If I go off Unlimited, I don't want to pay Verizon more $$ each month to finance a phone I am already paying a subsidy for.
I would switch to ATT's new plan if I go off of unlimited.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Also, I got my upgrade/activation credited back after the price drop on the Maxx. I was outside the 14 days, and tried to talk them into $100 per phone, but I got $35 per phone. Not saying I "deserved" a consideration, but asking didn't cost me anything.
were you a new customer or adding a line? Upgrade fees are only $30 on Verizon. Activation fees for new lines are $35.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I have a friend who has been a Verizon Wireless customer since before Verizon Wireless existed that upgraded a few months ago who called in looking to get that upgrade fee credited back. It took a few escalations but eventually they did.
they gave him the $30 courtesy credit then. They don't even have to escalate to give that out btw.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

they gave him the $30 courtesy credit then. They don't even have to escalate to give that out btw.

Long story short - friend asked for upgrade fee to be waived, ended up with $30 credit. Same thing.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Long story short - friend asked for upgrade fee to be waived, ended up with $30 credit. Same thing.
It's not though. But if you want to think so, go ahead. They won't waive upgrade fees. You pay them. Then if you complain enough and give them a good enough story, they will give you a courtesy credit. But the upgrade fee will not be waived.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It's not though. But if you want to think so, go ahead. They won't waive upgrade fees. You pay them. Then if you complain enough and give them a good enough story, they will give you a courtesy credit. But the upgrade fee will not be waived.

I don't understand why you need to be so combative over this topic.

bobbob1016

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

they are not playing games; you just don't understand the difference between an activation fee for opening a new line ($35 and sometimes waivable) and an upgrade fee for getting a subsidized phone on an existing line ($30 and never waivable). Now with my explanation, you know.

Where are you going to go where you will get truly unthrottled, unlimited data? Um, nowhere. So you will either stay right where you are or downgrade your service to something lesser. Verizon will be glad to see you go, too. They want to get rid of all of the UDPs. So bye-bye, Verizon wants you gone.

They are not playing games, yet they only show it under the button, hidden? Why not show it up front in the open if it isn't a game?

I'm not throttled on TMobile nor Sprint...

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

They are not playing games, yet they only show it under the button, hidden? Why not show it up front in the open if it isn't a game?
It's all over the Verizon website and posted by the phones at the stores but you would have to actually READ it to know. That is the REAL problem here - people don't bother to read.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why you need to be so combative over this topic.
I am not being combative. Just correcting inaccuracies. Unfortunately, no matter how many times I do correct the inaccuracies, people repost them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej