Verizon G4 Not Connecting to Verizon Network Extender

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
So I get marginal reception in my house and Verizon gave us a network extender to help prevent missed and dropped calls. When I had my G2, and currently on my wife's G2, the Lock Screen shows "Verizon Network Extender" and the status bar at the top shows the little house symbol with the radio waves.

My G4 shows neither. Although it does seem to pull in a better 4G signal than the G2 and other phones in our home, it does not connect to the extender at all... even if it drops to 3G.

Anyone else notice this?

David

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
So I get marginal reception in my house and Verizon gave us a network extender to help prevent missed and dropped calls. When I had my G2, and currently on my wife's G2, the Lock Screen shows "Verizon Network Extender" and the status bar at the top shows the little house symbol with the radio waves.

My G4 shows neither. Although it does seem to pull in a better 4G signal than the G2 and other phones in our home, it does not connect to the extender at all... even if it drops to 3G.

Anyone else notice this?

David

Just a side question, did they make you pay for it? Because I too have spotty service in my home and last I checked they were going to charge me and arm and a leg for one of those and add to my monthly bill.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just a side question, did they make you pay for it? Because I too have spotty service in my home and last I checked they were going to charge me and arm and a leg for one of those and add to my monthly bill.

I know for some they will charge for the device itself but they shouldn't be adding any monthly charges.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

Nope, it was free and no monthly charges. They sent someone out to measure the signals around my house and determined that the signal was poor enough to warrant a free extender.

On a side note, when I was first having the signal problems, Verizons answer to me was that I live near a lake and the tower signal was reflecting off the water. Facepalm....

David

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Try turning it off and see if it connects to it.

Well I'll be! Your trick worked!

Verified by turning advanced calling back on and it disconnected from the extender. Funny thing though, Advanced calling is turned on on my Wife's G2 and it connects to the extender.

David

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I'll be! Your trick worked!

Verified by turning advanced calling back on and it disconnected from the extender. Funny thing though, Advanced calling is turned on on my Wife's G2 and it connects to the extender.

David

Yeah that is definitely the odd part -- I am not sure if that is a bug or intended since the Extender is supposed to only work with 3G calls. Glad you found a fix so you can at least get some signal at home. I would bring it to the attention of Verizon though. :).

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope, it was free and no monthly charges. They sent someone out to measure the signals around my house and determined that the signal was poor enough to warrant a free extender.

On a side note, when I was first having the signal problems, Verizons answer to me was that I live near a lake and the tower signal was reflecting off the water. Facepalm....

David

The signal was reflecting odd the lake...... Lol. Wow. Thanks for the info though! Hope you're all set

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

David

Try agitating the entire surface of the lake. That will stop the signal from being reflected. /jk

But seriously, glad everything is working!

JSAUCE75

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine connects intermittently. Both with advanced calling on or off. For a while, it would only connect if WiFi was on, but not connected to a wireless network. Compared to my wife's s6, which is always connected to the extender, this thing is a nightmare. I just performed a factory reset. Same results. It could be that I live in a townhome and too many devices are connecting to it. I don't know.

Neera42

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem with my G4. It only connects to the Extender when Advanced Calling is turned off. *sigh*
Although I have a good 4G signal the call quality is crap without the extender.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Have a question, what is the make and model of the extenders since I thought all of the extenders were 3G only and not 4G.

Neera42

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine is definitely an older 3G model. It makes sense that it won't connect to the G4 when Advanced Calling is on, I was just hoping I could avoid toggling it to make a call.
My G2 connected to the extender just fine even with Advanced Calling on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac