Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so question:

What was the timing like between the announcement of the N1 and the NS and the actual release dates? Did they announce them a month ahead of time? More?

Brandon

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright, so question:

What was the timing like between the announcement of the N1 and the NS and the actual release dates? Did they announce them a month ahead of time? More?

Brandon

The Nexus One was announced the same day it was released, the Nexus S was announced ten days before release. However, if they plan on showing off Ice Cream Sandwich before launch they'll probably announce the phone too on the same day they show Ice Cream Sandwich or at least demo Ice Cream Sandwich with the phone without officially announcing it. Like when Eric Schmidt showed everyone his Nexus S in an interview and when Andy Rubin demoed Honeycomb a bit on the Xoom, both of those were before the devices were officially announced. By that time though we'll have tons of leaks, so no need to worry.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/15/eric-schmidt-shows-off-a-nexus-s-at-the-web-2-0-summit/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/06/motorola-android-tablet-prototype-makes-a-cameo-at-d-dive-into/

Last edited:

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or when people say it will launch Q1, 2, 3 or 4, that some how means the END of the quarters. :\ I've been disappointed too much this year by 'It will be released this QX' and I spend the whole quarter, month... month 2... and month 3 is the release. So Q4? I'll see ya in December.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
A question for Verizon subscribers: If the Prime comes to Verizon, do you think it will have LTE? (The Nexus S doesn't have support for HSPA+ for T-Mobile and AT&T, right?) And if it doesn't, would you still buy it, or sell your Thunderbolt for it?

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
A new dual core Nexus device running brand new ICS?! No way it doesn't have LTE. Only Motor would be silly enuf to release such a phone without LTE... ;)

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
A question for Verizon subscribers: If the Prime comes to Verizon, do you think it will have LTE? (The Nexus S doesn't have support for HSPA+ for T-Mobile and AT&T, right?) And if it doesn't, would you still buy it, or sell your Thunderbolt for it?

If it isn't, I'll just get the HTC Vigor. More or less the same specs minus the pure Google experience. Also, it defiantly possible it could have 4G and sport the 2nd gen LTE radio.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Although it would be nice, I almost hope it doesn't have a 2nd gen LTE radio - only because I think that would delay release into Q1 next year, at least. And I really want to get my hands on this device before the end of the year!!

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
No I think they'll be ready for the end of the year. Plenty of other phones in the pipeline with the new radio by the end of the year.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I cannot see this phone not being LTE.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
No I think they'll be ready for the end of the year. Plenty of other phones in the pipeline with the new radio by the end of the year.

I hope you're right! This thing has the makings of being a beast!!!

What other phones are slated to have the 2nd gen radio already?

Now I just gotta figure out if I'm gonna get the Galaxy tab, or wait for Moto's quad core - so many decisions... ;)

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
720p Ice Cream Sandwich phone and others outed in Samsung roadmap leak | Android and Me

Samsung roadmap leak tips 720p I9250 Android ICS phone, more - SlashGear

Some misinformation going around with the specs on the other phones though, that GT-I9220 is mentioned as being 5.29 inch phone but was said to be 4.3 on SamFirmware, don't know where this other information is coming from..

Ah, I found it, Slashgear's source has the correct specs, and it seems like they got their info from the guys at SamFirmare, Slashgear just posted a bunch of incorrect specs and they are spreading all over the internet now... :(

Last edited:

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I hope you're right! This thing has the makings of being a beast!!!

What other phones are slated to have the 2nd gen radio already?

Now I just gotta figure out if I'm gonna get the Galaxy tab, or wait for Moto's quad core - so many decisions... ;)

The Bionic is said to have Motorola's own LTE radio in it, which is why they're able to get a slim form factor. That doesn't really help HTC, though, unless they plan on manufacturing it for other vendors.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Qualcomm had a 2nd-gen LTE radio ready for HTC within the next couple months.

Brandon

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
720p Ice Cream Sandwich phone and others outed in Samsung roadmap leak | Android and Me

Some misinformation going around with the specs on the other phones though, that GT-I9220 is mentioned as being 5.29 inch phone but was said to be 4.3 on SamFirmware, don't know where this other information is coming from..

That 5.29 incher would be a sweet phone during the 15 minutes between charges.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Ah, I found it, Slashgear's source has the correct specs, and it seems like they got their info from the guys at SamFirmare, Slashgear just posted a bunch of incorrect specs and they are spreading all over the internet now... :(

I feel like I just saw a unicorn or bigfoot.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess a 5mp camera isn't necessarily a bad thing although if Sammy's making it, why not just make it the 8mp Infuse camera? That thing is better than a lot of point and shoots.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
What really jumps out at me from the ICS photo leaks from Android Police and RootzWiki is this: Nexus S will get it thru ota, but Nexus Prime will be first device with it - the Prime is allllll mine, I tell ya!! (Unless they don't release until March or something...) if we're getting "official" leaks now (as claimed by AP), maybe October isn't as far fetched as I had thought. Just to be safe/sane, tho, I'm still convincing myself Nov at the earliest...

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Im guessing late october/early november. People need to realize, with holiday releases and sales, you want your product to come out a few weeks or so BEFORE black friday to allow for marketing and hypebeasting so people actually know to go buy it, etc.

Halloween, anyone?

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
the ICS leak looks completely fake to me. and if its not. then I am going to be pissed. it looks ugly. what happened to the beautiful honeycomb?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid