Verizon: Galaxy Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

ppophil

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
how long will the promotional pre-order 128gb SD card and wireless charger be available? I want to physically touch the phone before I order. when will the phones be in the store? thanks

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
They should be at best buy now to see. Depending on your time zone of course. I just stopped into my best buy to see it

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Had a terrible experience trying to Pre-Order through Verizon after midnight. I was disconnected from Chat and then told my trade in wasn't showing because they were doing maintenance on their system during a major pre order launch!..When I would try to trade in my S7 Edge, it would originally say $480 credit, then totally disappear on the last checkout screen. When it finally did appear, it showed only a $175 credit. The ***** I chatted with said that's all it was worth and knew absolutely nothing about the trade in promotion.

It also didn't honor a $10 Device Dollar reward I had from the new Verizon Up program. Code showed invalid repeatedly. I was additionally supposed to have a waived upgrade on my account, but yet was still getting dinged for the $30. After an hour of frustration, I decided to just order the phone on Best Buy for $32 a month a try to sell the S7 Edge on my own.. Terrible experience to say the least.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This is why I bought a used S7Edge on Ebay last year because I did not want to be stuck with a phone I did not want when the new Note was released. I am sorry to hear of your situation.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm unable to check this on my account yet online because I have a plan change pending, so the site won't allow me to even attempt an upgrade for the next few days until the next billing cycle. I'm not sure I'm understanding things right so here's my current situation.

My wife has an S7E due to the N7 fiasco. Currently we owe $429 on it. The Verizon website says for the half off deal, the trade in phone has to be paid off. I'm also now seeing people getting offers requiring only half the trade in to be paid off? So would we have to pay the full $429 or just $33 (to hit the half paid off point) on her phone to get a trade in deal?

Beknatok

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm also now seeing people getting offers requiring only half the trade in to be paid off? So would we have to pay the full $429 or just $33 (to hit the half paid off point) on her phone to get a trade in deal?

Any references to this that you can share? I'd like to know about that too since I'm 42% paid off right now. If I only have to hit 50%, then upgrading to an Note 8 is a no-brainer (see my math post above).

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's the scoop on the Verizon 50% off including trade in. I knew there was a catch! If I trade in my Note 5, I receive the 50% off promo... HOWEVER, I NEED TO REMAIN WITH VERIZON FOR TWO YEARS IN ORDER TO RECOUP THE PROMO PRICE. In other words, it's a CONTRACT and I thought VZ was moving away from contracts! If I port out or pay off the phone prior to the two years, my balance is based on the $40.00 per month rather than the $20.00 per month. This promo is simply another way to lock folks into Verizon. If that's what you want, go for it.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any references to this that you can share? I'd like to know about that too since I'm 42% paid off right now. If I only have to hit 50%, then upgrading to an Note 8 is a no-brainer (see my math post above).
I thought I saw it somewhere in this thread, so maybe I misread something. I'm usually able to figure the fine print of these deals out, but I get more confused about this situation with the more I read up on it.

Eric Eastman

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Here's the scoop based on multiple chats with verizon this morning. Apparently sometime between the release of the Note7 and the recall and the time I purchased my S7Edge they changed their contract/agreement terms. Some of us may be in an agreement that allows you to get get out early for a new device if you've paid 50% of the device, others (like me) are required to pay the full 100% of the device. I tried everything this morning to get them to allow me to pay mine up to 50% but they wouldn't allow, stating that I needed to fully pay off the device in. Seems to me that there really isn't much of a deal here for those of us that suffered through the Note7 debacle.

Chasfenner

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine at 9:30pm pacific time in grey and they gave me $240 for trading in my Note 4. Just waiting on the email for the Samsung freebies. Can't wait!!!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Here's the scoop on the Verizon 50% off including trade in. I knew there was a catch! If I trade in my Note 5, I receive the 50% off promo... HOWEVER, I NEED TO REMAIN WITH VERIZON FOR TWO YEARS IN ORDER TO RECOUP THE PROMO PRICE. In other words, it's a CONTRACT and I thought VZ was moving away from contracts! If I port out or pay off the phone prior to the two years, my balance is based on the $40.00 per month rather than the $20.00 per month. This promo is simply another way to lock folks into Verizon. If that's what you want, go for it.

Whether you did monthly agreement plan, or if they still had their old 2 year contracts, either way it's like a contract. With the 2 year contract you had to pay etf if you leave before contract. With the monthly agreement plan, you can stop service anytime but you are responsible for paying off the phone. So either way it's like a contract. I'm pretty sure other carriers get their customers into a contract some way or another:)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
how long will the promotional pre-order 128gb SD card and wireless charger be available? I want to physically touch the phone before I order. when will the phones be in the store? thanks

Certian stores have the demo phones like best buy and verizon. The store date to actually buy one in store is Sept 15th. Here is the info on the promotion:
Samsung Promotions

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's the scoop based on multiple chats with verizon this morning. Apparently sometime between the release of the Note7 and the recall and the time I purchased my S7Edge they changed their contract/agreement terms. Some of us may be in an agreement that allows you to get get out early for a new device if you've paid 50% of the device, others (like me) are required to pay the full 100% of the device. I tried everything this morning to get them to allow me to pay mine up to 50% but they wouldn't allow, stating that I needed to fully pay off the device in. Seems to me that there really isn't much of a deal here for those of us that suffered through the Note7 debacle.

It kinda sucks they did away with the new every year 50% payoff deal.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Yes. The only way you get the discount is if the S7 edge is paid off. Then you would get 50% off when you trade it in.

And the bad thing is the N8 is not upgrade eligible after a year unless it's paid in full 👎

Where did you read it's not part of the annual upgrade?

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

They made the cut off during the first recall. Anybody who bought an S7 Edge after Sept 10th of last year isn't eligible.

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
That's what I think cause I traded in a Note 5, S8+ and an S7 edge. And it even made me pay for the full cost on one of them then get my credit when they receive the trade in

The more I think about it the less I'm liking this roll out on Verizon's part. It's smoke and mirrors. Makes you believe you're getting a good deal but in actuality you're paying more than you would if you had the annual upgrade. It's just a way to recover costs.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao