Verizon HTC One: Problems with Pandora and Rhapsody after KitKat update

o CUBBY o

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So, I've been struggling to get these apps working as they once did before KitKat, and have been unsuccessful. Both work sometimes, but more often they're just down right broke. Rhapsody when working will load a song, start playing and then pause to load again...for every song. Forget about high quality streaming. Sometimes, it will just load, and load, and load until I eventually need to reset the phone entirely. Pandora also works partially, but then often decides to just stop working. It will show that a song is playing, but nothing is happening...no loading, just stuck. To fix this also requires a full reset of the phone. I've been finding myself resetting my phone several times a day now. Both apps worked flawlessly before the KitKat update.

I've done all of the trouble shooting suggestions for both apps and talked with Rhapsody. Uninstalled, and reinstalled several times. So, I'm thinking it's not the apps, but KitKat. Even tried doing a full factory reset on my HTC One.

There have been a few other quirks since the update, such as getting an "Youtube has quit" pop up out of no where several times. However, my music apps are extremely important to me...50%+ of my usage are these apps.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems with Pandora and Rhapsody after KitKat update

I don't know how on the HTC One, but you can try clearing cache in recovery. There might be data conflicts causing most of these problems.

o CUBBY o

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems with Pandora and Rhapsody after KitKat update

Well, I tried clearing cache in recovery, but it doesn't seem to have solved the issues. Oh well. Any other ideas? Judging by the reviews for both apps, it seems as though there have been many issues since KitKat, or updates to the apps around the same time. So, maybe it's the apps and not the phone...still just as annoying as these apps worked flawlessly a couple months ago.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

tim_mcnamara2

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my phone and Pandora. I've looked into the logs on it. The mediaPlayer.start has been called by Pandora and the song is buffering, but when it hits a certain percentage where the song SHOULD start playing its not starting.

When I turn off Beats Audio on the phone, it seems to work for a few songs but then goes back to not playing anything in a short timeframe.

I've tried contacting HTC support, but they seem to have no interest in fixing this issue yet. They were very unhelpful.
I have another friend who has an HTC One on KitKat and he doesn't see the issue. He's on an AT&T network. I'm on Verizon.
I did notice Verizon added some security updates around the same time of the KitKat upgrade so I'm wondering if those updates are playing into this issue.

My HTC One phones died last week (battery power issues). Verizon sent me a new one. I still have the same issue.
Pandora still works on a Samsung S4 with KitKat. This is just an HTC One issue and 'may' just be with Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali