Verizon LTE outage

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Myself and others are able to get 3G by enabling the Rev A setting. Speeds seem to be about half of what they usually are in my area (500k v ~1Mbps). Some aren't able to get it working that way either though so there may be full 3G outages in some areas.

dhyamato

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For now, I'm just going to wait until Verizon corrects the issue and leave my TB on Wifi/1x. Then, I will seek a credit of some sort for the outage. I think we should all request a credit since we're paying quite a bit to have a "reliable network" which has failed us for close to 12 hours so far in SoCal...

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow this is bad for business for Verizon.

Go figure VZ stock is going up today. It need to go down. This is total crap... nationwide outage. what the hack.

PiperTim

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Seek a credit

I think all of us who have been hindered by this 4G/3G outage for OVER 12 hours should seek a credit. Verizon could be looking at a huge class action lawsuit as well on this. You know the big businesses using Verizon wireless for there field staff are going to get all kinds of credit and apologies!

Reactions: dhyamato

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
a data team rep is suggesting folks not to manually turn off 4G as that will create authentication issues. He said it's best to leave the phone the way it is and allow it to receive the fix once 4g is up and running.

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
i called about a credit, told him i just switch to verizon for the so called "most reliable network", he apologized and said how emabarrassed he was. I tried to get a credit, but he said to call after the service comes back up.

Reactions: dhyamato

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
hey guys, i JUST called VZW about the issue, cause theres still an outage from where im from (im from LI,NY) and the Rep said that "its been 11 hours,there working on it, it should be up shortly, not looking at a week-or-more time frame,they dont wanna do anything on their end because they 1. dont know if theres a correlation between 4G going down and 3G, but their internet stuff is down,and 2. if they change something on thir end, and VZW fixed the network, it would probably mess something up on my end"

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmxenon
Here in around North of Charlotte NC this is doing it as well. First thing popped in my mind was to head here @ AC forum and see if there is any news about this situation. I notice mine was doing around 5am and decided to put my phone in airplane till I woke up and see the problem would persist. I turned off airplane the phone went straight up 1x, tried phone info switching between Lte and Cdma modes and still got 1x.

Was in the process of calling to tech support again, since I have had this problem since day 1 of the phone. Sometimes the phone seems to start pulling it's act together and always finds a way to mess up again. Yes I know this is part of being an early adopter of newer technology. But where does one draw the line at when you have a company that seems to not want to help the customer out and atleast notify them.

South Charlotte---same thing. woke up to 1x---toggled to CMDA AUTO PRL & Airplane Mode, and still looking at 1x on my phone.
was about to download the leaked RUU, but decided to come on the forum first. glad i did--else i would have been even more mad that work-around didn't fix it.

Here's the reason 4G went down posted by project.in.process...

had the phone since day 1--and this is a mild inconvenience overall.
just sucks b/c i finally convinced my brother (iphone 3gs) to switch to the Thunderbolt yesterday---he bought it last night--and today the network goes down go figure. i will not be hearing the end of this irony.

Sorry bro someone had to be put on the firing line... HaHa!!! It's his brother fault so pitchfork him?

ClassaN0va

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Dont believe that.. call back while the data is OUT and get your credit now.. then call again later and state the same thing. They can give you a credit now. Data has been out for at least 6 hours

Reactions: Rylo 02

Tishaberry

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Im at 1x too in San Francisco, Calif. Reset does nothing. Sucks.

TOTALLY sucks, because the Bay (SF, Oak, etc.) is the only place I get 4G right now...I'm just up past Vallejo.

1x since I left my house this morning--was on wi-fi before that so I don't know how long it's been like this.

I just left AT&T. Verizon's gotta treat me with kid gloves. LMBO!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid