Verizon Note 3 will support wireless charging and svlte but not svdo; no VoLTE

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
From the fcc filing, the Verizon Note 3 will support wireless charging with optional back and svlte (simultaneous voice and 4GLTE data). It doesn't support svdo (simultaneous voice and 3g data).

Edit :no volte either

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378986481987.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378986481987.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 88
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378986496819.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378986496819.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 91
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378986512323.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378986512323.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Note 3 will support wireless charging and svlte but not svdo

That's. It surprising, sprint is the same way.

Posted via Android Central App

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Not having svdo won't kill me, but, in reality, there are still plenty of places that don't have LTE. In our town, for example, even though there is in a bigger town just six miles away.

thefireguy286

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

Both of these are as expected. SVDO is rather 2011 at this point. Yes there are a few spots that aren't LTE but even they won't be soon. Overall 3G SVDO is not necessary and not worth it. It's power hungry, not 100% reliable, and requires an additional antenna. Knowing if this phone is VoLTE or LTE-A capable is much more relevant going forward.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Both of these are as expected. SVDO is rather 2011 at this point. Yes there are a few spots that aren't LTE but even they won't be soon. Overall 3G SVDO is not necessary and not worth it. It's power hungry, not 100% reliable, and requires an additional antenna. Knowing if this phone is VoLTE or LTE-A capable is much more relevant going forward.

No volte.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379005668913.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379005668913.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 65

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Not having svdo won't kill me, but, in reality, there are still plenty of places that don't have LTE. In our town, for example, even though there is in a bigger town just six miles away.
That's odd since Verizon was supposed to have their entire network covered by 4GLTE by June 2013, six months ahead of schedule. I wonder if they are referring to smaller regional areas where you are still roaming.

thefireguy286

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

No volte.

That really doesn't mean much at the moment. The 800 supports it and LTE-A. There's no VoLTE network live nor would I expect baseband to ship ready for it today thus there is there no reason to FCC test it at this stage. Even then it's a semantics argument as VoLTE is VOIP data anyway. The unknown question is will Sammy/VZ add it later.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

That really doesn't mean much at the moment. The 800 supports it and LTE-A. There's no VoLTE network live nor would I expect baseband to ship ready for it today thus there is there no reason to FCC test it at this stage. Even then it's a semantics argument as VoLTE is VOIP data anyway. The unknown question is will Sammy/VZ add it later.

Anything is possible, but the gs4 listed band 4 support on the fcc filing, but at release, band 4 was locked.

Sure, it is possible that they would retest it for volte, but imo, I think that it is unlikely

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

If I can do Voice and data with the GNex. I would think I can do it with GNote3.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If I can do Voice and data with the GNex. I would think I can do it with GNote3.

Very incorrect. Just because an older phone can do it doesn't mean the newer can. All depends on the hardware.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm just glad that it supports wireless charging this time around and they didn't gimp the phone like the Note 2.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm just glad that it supports wireless charging this time around and they didn't gimp the phone like the Note 2.

Yeah, very annoyed that the note 2 Verizon required physical hacking to get the wireless charging back

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone have the link to the FCC filing for the Verizon Note 3?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting this dpham00. :) Was recently searching for it. Not surprised at all here that it doesn't support SVDO. It's becoming less and less relevant the more Verizon expands their LTE network (which supports SVLTE). So as I mentioned in another thread, highly unlikely there will be anymore phones on Verizon to support SVDO.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for posting this dpham00. :) Was recently searching for it. Not surprised at all here that it doesn't support SVDO. It's becoming less and less relevant the more Verizon expands their LTE network (which supports SVLTE). So as I mentioned in another thread, highly unlikely there will be anymore phones on Verizon to support SVDO.

I didn't think that they would support it either. Just wanted to let everyone know, some people ,albeit very few, are still stuck on 3g

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I met with a co-worker today after a meeting today that has the Note 2. I asked him can he talk and text or send emails while on the phone? He said he can't do it when he has a 3G signal, but where we work at around the University he can because he has a strong 4G signal from Verizon. He called me and while on the phone with him he sent a test email to my work email. I believe that the Note 3 will work the same way. If not I will still be happy with it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I met with a co-worker today after a meeting today that has the Note 2. I asked him can he talk and text or send emails while on the phone? He said he can't do it when he has a 3G signal, but where we work at around the University he can because he has a strong 4G signal from Verizon. He called me and while on the phone with him he sent a test email to my work email. I believe that the Note 3 will work the same way. If not I will still be happy with it.

Yes the note 2 supports SVLTE but not svdo, same as the note 3.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I cannot send mms while on the phone with a full LTE signal. It always tells me it will send when connection available and queues it. I've tested it multiple times. It doesn't work. At all. It's like and old cdma phone even when you have LTE connected.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11