Verizon Note 4 update

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Not totally understanding the Show notifications while locked feature. Show all content/Hide sensitive content/Do not show notifications. What is considered sensitive content?

Show all content shows a part of the message or email, Hide Sensitive Content just shows that you have a message or email and the last one is self explanatory.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine shows the effect while it is locked, but I swipe to unlock.

Looks like if you put security on, you lose that feature.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Show all content shows a part of the message or email, Hide Sensitive Content just shows that you have a message or email and the last one is self explanatory.

Using Hangouts as my text message app, if I chose "Hide sensitive content", it will say I have a text message but it hides the persons name. Is there a way to have it show the persons name that sent me the message and just hide the text content? "Show all" shows the persons name and entire message...

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine shows the effect while it is locked, but I swipe to unlock.

Looks like if you put security on, you lose that feature.

OK i switched to Swipe to unlock and I see the unlock effect options on the bottom. I see Abstract tiles as an option BUT it is all greyed out so it doesnt allow me to go into that option to change

NM i figured it out. Had to change the wallpaper to one that doesnt move around.

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Just updated, everything seems to be working smoothly, no factory reset required (I did wipe the cache after the update just to be sure).
My battery did drop 22% just doing the update though...

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont know if this is a bug or what but whenever im on any of the other pages thats not my home page and I press the home button to get it to go back to the home page, it just briefly flashed a black bar on top like its going to take me to my home page but it doesnt do anything after that. Anyone else have this issue?

It takes me home (exits current location) without any issues if im in an app or in a folder though.

CHRISTEVAN

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Only problem I am having is my WiFi and 4g are running at the same time.

Anyway to fix that? Already have caller ID VZW app shut off.

I noticed the up and down arrows going on under the 4G symbol but I thought that SMS messages are sent through cellular as well as other phone functions. Are you downloading a lot of data through 4G when you are connected to Wi-fi?

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any luck streaming bluetooth with no skipping? Maybe after a factory reset? Mine still skips, pathetic

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
So...Update installed. Battery went down pretty well, and the phone was kind of hot. I also kept getting the "Google Play Services" error over and over. I rebooted it, and guess what? Now it's stuck in an endless reboot cycle. Trying to boot it back up in safe mode and see if I can fix it....Maybe I'm the only one with these issues....

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Since they changed the battery monitor, is there a simple way to see screen on time or any way to see screen on time for that matter?

rjr1209

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Is There a way to change this orange theme not liking it on stock messaging

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-03-16-42-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-16-42-15.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 177

stillMAT1K

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Been waiting for this... I finally got it installed after 3 hours of downloading it on my [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] network at work! There were 2 updates. The first one was a small update (4.4.4) The 2nd one was the big one (5.0.1). 3 hard resets later (just to be safe ;)) and my phone is running / looking great so far. Oh the joy... Now the real question is where the hell is 5.1? :confused: because we all know the wait never really ends. :cool:

Forgot to mention that I'm in Sacramento, CA

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796