Verizon raising the price for Unlimited Data Plan by $20 after November 15, 2015

chris98891

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
With the SIM swap method my concern would be that the pending activation wouldn't fall off before the price increase hits.

If a TDP line is already under contract can you still transfer an upgrade to it from a UDP line? Could you then cycle multiple upgrades through that under contract TDP line?

I also am very curious. I have one UDP line that is ready for an upgrade. Hoped to wait to see what HTC had around the corner at the end of the month but looks like I'll be upgrading sooner rather than later...

Raybo7

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Verizon to raise the price of unlimited data by $20 in November

Wow, they are really wanting to push people into their new plans

b-w

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had VUD since 2000. My plan has the data listed separate from the calls & texts but I'm thinking years ago Verizon switching me to the data being separate from the calls/texts. I called them for something & they said "no problem" you still have unlimited it's just listed differently. Gave me some reason why they were doing this. Didn't think it made a difference. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks! Bill

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've had VUD since 2000. My plan has the data listed separate from the calls & texts but I'm thinking years ago Verizon switching me to the data being separate from the calls/texts. I called them for something & they said "no problem" you still have unlimited it's just listed differently. Gave me some reason why they were doing this. Didn't think it made a difference. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks! Bill

My UDP is listed separately from the unlimited talk and 1000 texts. There's never been a problem regarding VZ or discussing this with reps. It's just the way it was done at the time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Does the Novatel Broadband Router have transparent bridge mode? Curious as to how you have your Asus router setup.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Not sure, I just disabled dhcp on my Asus router and it works fine.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon to raise the price of unlimited data by $20 in November

Like somebody else asked, is there a way to turn your current account to a business account. I have an Employer ID (TIN). Thanks.
Yes there is. I don't know the exact process, but it has been done before.

2006scionxa

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Verizon your gonna have to pry my udp from my cold dead hands. I'm gonna keep using 25 to 30 gigabytes of data each and every month! Plus the increase is only $16 a month . I have 20% employee discount.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Been with Verizon Wireless since GTE MobileNet in 1989. In the US, basically Verizon is the best in reliability, network quality and customer service.
T-Mobile has excellent customer service but in the U.S., it doesn't always work when you need it. Internationally though excluding the U.S., T-Mobile would be better than Verizon Wireless as lots of things are included.
Also Verizon allows you to use unlimited data on a 4GLTE broadband router, 4GLTE jetpack, 4GLTE tablet, and you can officially use 4GLTE unlimited tethering with the addon. As I have one line with a 4GLTE broadband router, 2 jetpacks, and 2 smartphones with unlimited tethering, tmobile or other usa carriers won't work for me... At least not with unlimited data.

GTiceman

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Just did the UDP bypass and renewed one line so I am safe until 2017. Time to do my other line this week. Always safer to be on contract v. M2M.

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Man, I just cannot justify $110+phone bill for 1 line.
I tried working with a csr, but it was a no go. They would not budge.
I just ordered a Cricket sim. $55 bucks for 10gb will work for me, plus each additional gig is $10. I have only broke 10gb 3x in 5 years.
H+ will do until I buy a LTE phone.

Piggy winks

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I will get the increase, even though I am a State of FL employee and using the State's discount rate. It is a seperate line.

i know my wife will need to upgrade from her feature phone,a nd can't see how moving my UDP up $20, then adding her line's access fee, then the actual phone price will be worth it.

Not going to do Cricket as I don't want a capped speed plan. TMo looks the best for me, and will have to do a test drive soon with my phone (Moto X DE). I hope they throw back the UDP for the holiday's from TMo...

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

hanielserrato

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I would just love it if for once all the loyal Verizon customers, If you have unlimited data it means you have not left Verizon for a while, would stick it to them. I say the first day the news comes out we turn of our wifi and stream movies all day. That would really show them how much data we could use, but don't.

#stickittothem #greedyverizon #leavemyudp

Trips

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
What happens when your usage triples on a tiered plan when 5G speed is available in 2017? I would estimate that I use 5x more data today then 5 years ago when only 3G was around.

- Dedicated, upset customer since 1998.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Eventually CDMA (and GSM) will be completely gone and everything will be LTE/mobile data. An AYCE data plan at $30/month doesn't make money. And if you're out of contract, you or Verizon can cancel service (VZW would give you 30 days notice or whatever contract says).

Before it was tiered calling and text packages. Now its tiered data. How much did VZW used to charge for unlimited text?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware