VZW Share Everything Plans

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will email the office in Georgia where the head of customer service is and see if he knows anything.

Please post back what you find out ,,, if anything :)

Actually I did some fiquring and in my case on the new plan with 2 smartphones and 4gb of data. I havent ever gone over 4 gb,,, yet(3.875gb) since on WiFi's alot
So that would be 150.00 with no overage however if I did go over by 1gb it would be 165.00.

I still wana to keep my unlimited data which I believe I still have from what I been told and my confirmation email which I printed out also states that.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Are they eliminating the individual plans with tiered data?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't it seem strange though that the Verizon G+ "announcement" just links to a Droid Life article, and not any kind of official statement on the Verizon site??

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This whole things sucks.....Some are being told the "pre order" of SGIII will lock you in if you have unlimited and others are being told no...that you will be made to switch to a new plan. Which is it? Many would like to know for sure so they can make a decsion on what to do. In my case I would probably get a Maxx. It will sooo suck if many people wait thinking they are locked in and then really are not knowing had they been told this they could have picked a different phone. By the time this happens it would be too late to change.

Sorry, but man I'm glad I'm on a Maxx right now. I remember freaking out a year ago because of all the talk of the unlimited plans going away. With all the grumblings and misinformation I thought there was a strong chance I wouldn?t get unlimited data if I didn?t jumped on a Thunderbolt. But I returned it within 12days, because of the battery, and sweated it out waiting for the Samsung Charge. I was so worried it wasn't going to come out in time to secure unlimited 4G, which it obviously did. Point is I know you guys are going through the same anxieties. I feel for you. Of coarse I would like to change up to the Maxx HD at some point but will be perfectly happy with this phone for years to come if I can?t. The GSIII sounds like it will be awesome so if I could secure unlimited on a pre-order, I?d do it. If I couldn?t secure unlimited on a preorder, then the Maxx isn?t a bad runner up. Good luck to you.

scuba561

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Am I looking at my current plan correctly?
Currently: two line with 700 shared min. = $50 for the 700 min PLUS $10 per line? Right?

Add in $5 per line for 250 txt msmgs total = $50 + $20 (2 lines) +$10 (2 txt plans) = $80
Add $60 for (2) unlimited data = $140
I also have a tablet with 1 gig data plan (use wifi a lot) for $20. So total is $160.
If so, I break even if I go with the shared 4 gig plan.
new plan: $40 + $40 +10 (tablet) + $70 (4 gig) = $160.

Do I have that right?

SAHARAT

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't it seem strange though that the Verizon G+ "announcement" just links to a Droid Life article, and not any kind of official statement on the Verizon site??

Yup, sure does... I wonder why they couldn't just make the statement themselves? Instead, they post this (with a link to Droid life) on their G+...
"Will Verizon customers have to move to Share Everything pricing? Will they lose Unlimited Data? Find the answers at-------------"

Seriously?

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
If I lived in an area where I could get Straight Talk, I would tell Verizon where to go. Unfortunately where I live they are the only game for MILES.

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: unlimited data and pre-order of galaxy iii @ best buy

I just hung up with VZ customer service. Spoke with a very lovely and helpful rep named Kylie who spent several minutes answering all my questions. I have an original Droid on it's own billing plan, no family share stuff. I am on a really old legacy plan of 300 nationwide anytime minutes with unlimited data. I explained to her my intentions to start looking into an upgrade to a newer 4G phone and I had it narrowed down to the Razr Maxx and the Samsung Galaxy S3. I was a little more attracted to the Samsung but now with the latest news of all the plans being overhauled combined with the Samsung not being available til after all this new stuff takes effect, it kind of threw a little degree of difficulty into my decision making process. I asked her point blank, if I pre-order the Samsung now, will I be able to retain my current plan along with that phone (most notably the unlimited data) She said she wasn't sure. I told her how this topic is blowing up on forums and bulletin boards all over the internet (including their own forum) and there is a ton of conflicting information on it. She said she wanted to make sure she gave me accurate info so she put me on hold and went to ask a supervisor. She came back on the line and said, in response to whether or not the unlimited plan will drag over to the Samsung, "per my supervisor, it probably won't." This answer made me very reluctant to take a chance on the Samsung. I told her Verizon is going to have a huge customer revolt if this is the case because there are a lot of customers intentionally pre-ordering the Samsung right now with the understanding that by doing so they are preserving their unlimited plan. There's going to be riots if you do an end-around on all these people. She said she didn't know what other reps were telling people but she'd rather give me the answer she did than lead me the wrong way. I appreciated that and thanked her for helping me. It's looking more like the Razr Maxx for me. I'm not going to get caught up in all the controversy going on with the dates and plans for the Samsung. I know I'd be happy with either phone. At least if I just bag the Razr now I'll have the peace of mind that I'm definitely going to still have the unlimited plan, at least for a little while longer, with a very nice brand new 4G phone. Hope this helps but it probably just added to the uncertainty. Sorry.

jman5

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I went back and forth with vzw support on twitter. Seems that unlimited data is assured if upgrade preorder thru Verizon directly. They said bb ok, but that was after a few tweets prodding them.

Vzw support on twitter seems more like PR than actual support...

I'm going to cancel bb preorder and do straight they Verizon. New family share plans really suck (to be blunt) and would rather have a flip phone on prepaid than pay those rates.

Currently have 2 smartphones, 3 basic phones, 6 GB data, $250/mo... Wow, ripoff IMO

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

The best thing to do is to email Verizon so that you get an answer in writing. See the reply I received below:
"Good Evening Will,
My name is Samantha and I hope you are doing well. I can understand your concern about changes being made to our data packages as I am sure you are very happy with your current unlimited data feature. I can confirm that if you preorder your device before June 28, 2012 you will be able to keep your current plan."

While I was waiting for them to respond to my email, I chatted with a VZ rep, and when I was done chatting it let me email the transcript to myself so now I have double proof. here is the relevent part of our convo:
William: Hi Aaron, I preordered the Samsung Galaxy S3 on June 6th, with an expected delivery date of July 9th.
William: I currently have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, and want to make sure that I am safe to keep it due to the fact that the new data plans go into effect prior to my estimated delivery date.
Aaron: I will be happy to assist you today, William.
Aaron: Let me look into this situation for you.
William: Thank you
Aaron: I appreciate your cooperation
Aaron: Good news, since you had to choose a plan to go along with the upgrade, your unlimited data will stay on your line!
William: Excellent, I had read that online but wanted written confirmation.
Aaron: You are not upgrading after the date in which the plans change.
Aaron: Absolutely understand!
William: So the date of my upgrade is 6/6 rather than the date I actually activate, correct?
Aaron: Yes, the date your ordered the phone is the date that you upgrade.
William: Ok. Is this chat saved in notes or anything linked to my account? and do you have a rep number i can have?
Aaron: I have also noted your account of what we spoke of and asked for confirmation from my supervisor.
Aaron: xxxxxxxx
William: Ok great, and the notes say that your suppervisor confirmed what you told me, correct?
Aaron: Yes, I have noted that I check with my superior.
William: Ok, thanks for your help Aaron.

Hope that these two pieces give you all some piece of mind!

anon(319128)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah great...free HotSpot...except...to use it you have to add devices to your account... Laptops $20/Mo, Tablets $10/Mo etc.....How is that a better deal than one hot spot connecting any device you wish?? :(

http://solutions.vzwshop.com/shareeverything/pdf/verizon_share_everything_plan_details.pdf

Some Exciting Highlights:

Mobile Hotspot is included on all capable
devices. Connect your device and share
your data allowance with multiple Wi-Fi?
enabled devices.

Change your data allowance anytime
at My Verizon without extending your
contract.

Prices:
1GB - $50
2GB - $60
4GB - $70
6GB - $80
8GB - $90
10GB - $100
(Smartphones are 40bucks a month / device)

Seems like they are forcing unlimited Minutes/Text when they know that most of us use our phones for data. However the Mobile Hotspot is pretty enticing.

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but man I'm glad I'm on a Maxx right now. I remember freaking out a year ago because of all the talk of the unlimited plans going away. With all the grumblings and misinformation I thought there was a strong chance I wouldn?t get unlimited data if I didn?t jumped on a Thunderbolt. But I returned it within 12days, because of the battery, and sweated it out waiting for the Samsung Charge. I was so worried it wasn't going to come out in time to secure unlimited 4G, which it obviously did. Point is I know you guys are going through the same anxieties. I feel for you. Of coarse I would like to change up to the Maxx HD at some point but will be perfectly happy with this phone for years to come if I can?t. The GSIII sounds like it will be awesome so if I could secure unlimited on a pre-order, I?d do it. If I couldn?t secure unlimited on a preorder, then the Maxx isn?t a bad runner up. Good luck to you.

see my post in the other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/180044-unlimited-data-pre-order-galaxy-iii-best-buy.html

I think we're safe.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm jsut so frustrated by this whole thing. I so want to keep my unilimited plan and want to get the SIII, but my upgrade date is July 7th! ONE FREAKIN week after the new plans go into effect. I've talked to VZW twice and they said I can't even do the preorder until my upgrade date, of course unless I want to pay full retail. I'd SURE rather not do that, but if it comes down to it, I will.

DANG wish there was a way they'd give me ONE week!

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah great...free HotSpot...except...to use it you have to add devices to your account... Laptops $20/Mo, Tablets $10/Mo etc.....How is that a better deal than one hot spot connecting any device you wish?? :(

you only add the laptop or tablet to you account if you purchased it from Verizon and want it to have its own data connection. Tablets will no longer be subsided or have a contract so technically you could just buy a tablet and access the internet through the mobile hotspot on your phone without paying the $20/mo access fee.

anon(319128)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by steven252000 View Post
This whole things sucks.....Some are being told the "pre order" of SGIII will lock you in if you have unlimited and others are being told no...that you will be made to switch to a new plan. Which is it? Many would like to know for sure so they can make a decsion on what to do. In my case I would probably get a Maxx. It will sooo suck if many people wait thinking they are locked in and then really are not knowing had they been told this they could have picked a different phone. By the time this happens it would be too late to change.

Well, I preordered mine a few days ago, and the emailed receipt verifies the unlimited plan etc. This is a signed contract, without the phone yet, but when I activate the phone, the agreement I agreed to by clicking the purchase will be in affect. This is how they always do it. Purchase before the new plans start, and you get the old deal. :)

anon(319128)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
you only add the laptop or tablet to your account if you purchased it from Verizon and want it to have its own data connection.

.... you think any other device you have will work fine when you hotspot in through your phone? I'm not sure I'll believe that until I hear people saying it works that way....this is Verizon we're talking about after all :D

bigwilly087

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
.... you think any other device you have will work fine when you hotspot in through your phone? I'm not sure I'll believe that until I hear people saying it works that way....this is Verizon we're talking about after all :D

The whole concept of hotspotting is letting wifi capable devices connect. Verizon is fine with this now that the data is the main way they will be charging, and the faster you use your data the better! Buying a tablet through Verizon is useful when you want the tablet itself to have a 4g radio.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci