What does you AT&T order status say?

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Ordered 2 note 7, tab e, gear s2 and 2 v10. Had to do 2 different orders, both of them say "in process". Noticed the gear s2 was out of stock on AT&T's website for the silver, v10 also out of stock. Won't be getting any of my phones or accessories on Friday the 19th. AT&T doesn't know when the silver gear s2 will be back in stock. Pretty poor on AT&Ts part, especially since I'm coming from Verizon with 4 lines. The only thing I got charged was taxes on the 2 note 7's and the 2 v10's. If those 3 items were out of stock, I should not have been able to even order it at all. May have to rethink this whole switching thing. 😡😡

Posted via the Android Central App

Bayarda

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
If I don't get anything tomorrow I'm canceling and picking up in store

If I'm not misunderstanding some of the messages in this thread, a few people already tried to cancel and got nowhere with AT&T. Their system might conveniently be showing "order sent to warehouse" or some similar uncancellable status.

THEjbrad

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm switching from Verizon also and am pretty disappointed in ATT so far. Last to let people know and ship their premium dollar phones is pretty lazy on their part and not good for people who are switching especially from verizon

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
From my experience, AT&T will not let you cancel a online order this far into the process. I think they want you to get the device in your hands, in hopes of you liking it so much, you change your mind. Like I mentioned before their process is strange. Their customer service has improved over the years but, they still have weird ways of doing business with the wireless stuff.

I've tried their Next program, but I'm the type of user who switches phones often. I will pay off the phone early so that I can get the next hottest phone. The problem is they don't seem prepared for this, and expect you to stay with the current phone for 12, 18 or 24 months; something I rarely do. It's one of the reasons I left them a few years ago. That's why I bought the Note 7 outright. I don't look forward to the activation process with them this time.

On the subject of shipping, I'm in the same boat as many of you. I hesitated and ordered on the 8th, and my status is "preparing for shipment" with no change. I know no one has officially received shipping info, by the time you do, you will have your phone very fast, sometimes within a day. I've even received phones and got the shipping notice a day later.

seanmten

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from Verizon also and am pretty disappointed in ATT so far. Last to let people know and ship their premium dollar phones is pretty lazy on their part and not good for people who are switching especially from verizon
I switched from Verizon last year when I found out they did away with all trade ins/upgrade programs. The service has been comparable and I've found their reps in store to be much more helpful/attentive even when they're not making a sale. Hope you get similar results.
I'm just hoping that I have better luck with sending in my note 5 trade in. On Verizon they lost my previous trade in in the mail and tried to charge me over $400 because their trade in packaging wasn't insured. It took me 5 months and over 15 calls to customer service to get it removed from my bill. That was horrendous.

seanmten

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
On the subject of shipping, I'm in the same boat as many of you. I hesitated and ordered on the 8th, and my status is "preparing for shipment" with no change. I know no one has officially received shipping info, by the time you do, you will have your phone very fast, sometimes within a day. I've even received phones and got the shipping notice a day later.
I read their free shipping page and it stated most shipments are received the next day. I just hope it doesn't ship USPS as my local office usually adds 2-3 days on any estimate due to their increased volume and poor handling.

THEjbrad

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
The rep told me they use FedEx and ups for fast shipping and usps for all else but couldn't tell me what they were shipping note 7 with

RoseMarizzle

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I switched from Verizon last year when I found out they did away with all trade ins/upgrade programs. The service has been comparable and I've found their reps in store to be much more helpful/attentive even when they're not making a sale. Hope you get similar results.
I'm just hoping that I have better luck with sending in my note 5 trade in. On Verizon they lost my previous trade in in the mail and tried to charge me over $400 because their trade in packaging wasn't insured. It took me 5 months and over 15 calls to customer service to get it removed from my bill. That was horrendous.

Get a receipt from the post office when you go to drop it off. It'll have the tracking number, plus the date and time you dropped it off. As long as you have that, they won't charge you if the post office loses it. Usually they don't either way as long as they can see the tracking information on their end, but I'd get it just in case, to avoid extra stress.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered online earlier tonight through Premier and it had still said delivers by the 19th. I just checked the status and it says 23rd - 30th...so now I have to call and cancel.

RoseMarizzle

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
They don't use USPS. Not for new orders. AT&T uses Fed-Ex Next Day Air for new phone purchases, which is one to two business days, depending on the time the order is put it, or in our case, the time it gets to Fed-Ex. They only use UPS when Fed-Ex is unavailable or when the person that buys the product works for UPS and requests it. The ONLY time AT&T ever uses USPS is for warranty claims that go through them, which is a standard 4-6 business days.

RoseMarizzle

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
The premier page doesn't do shipping updates as quickly, but either way, with it being this close to the release date, I would just cancel and pick it up in the store, because your order was put at the bottom of the early list, you'll be one of the last for sure.

Jag9422

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I had to go through warranty to exchange my phone cause the video was warping and everything I did to try to fix it didn't work... they shipped it next day air through FedEx

keno101

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I ordered online earlier tonight through Premier and it had still said delivers by the 19th. I just checked the status and it says 23rd - 30th...so now I have to call and cancel.
Don't cancel most retail stores are only getting a handful on launch. You have a better chance getting it through your pre-order.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter