What phone did you come from and why?

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I made the switch from the S6 Edge. Got tired of the poor battery life and very bad overheating. I really like me G2 and G3, so I figured the G4 would be good. The T-Mobile sale definitely helped.

Sent from my LG G4 via The Uncarrier

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
S4 enjoyed it but was ready for something new. Still wanted Sd card and removable battery but with bigger screen

Posted via the Android Central App

Munkypoo7

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Note 4, terrible GPS, needed to retain SD card and Removable battery. Extremely surprised by the lack of lag on the G4 compared to the Note 4, total win.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
IPhone 6...totally miss iOS but I will get the iPhone 6s when it comes out. I'm really enjoying the G4, I think it's a phenomenal phone. I'm deeply rooted in the Apple ecosystem, so not having an iPhone makes things just a little different. I must say that the G4 is the best Andriod phone I've ever used and I've used quite a few. Kudos to Android for coming a long way and to LG for creating a masterpiece.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Came from an iPhone 6. Wanted a phablet sized screen on a reasonably sized device. The leather back and battery promo made this a no brainer. I absolutely love this phone.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I never realized how well LG had pulled off the compact size until I put my G4 next to my friends iPhone 6 Plus today. Same size display, but between the home button and the bezels, that phone is huge.

GoBigRed4

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Droid MAXX. I went for the awesome moto features (active display, always listening for voice commads, etc) and nearly pure Google OS. Normally I would never get a phone with no removable battery and sd card capability, but at least the battery issue should have been solved by the massive battery the MAXX has.

But batteries don't hold their charge as well over time, and even though I was still easily getting through the day on one charge, the noticeable difference in battery life was concerning. Plus I was extremely disappointed in the lack of a lollipop update on a phone that is nearly pure Google. One of the advertised features of that phone was the quick updates because of the small amount of customizations moto put on the phone. But here we are, with most if not all of the relatively new Samsung phones, which have HEAVY customizations, having been updated at least to 5.0. That's very disappointing.

My upgrade wasn't until the end of August but I was allowed to trade in my MAXX and get on the edge plan. This phone is FANTASTIC. I really love everything about it. I have experienced none of the issues I've read about. I'm very pleased.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
G3 because I like what LG is doing and I want to support them as well! You don't think removable bat and SD card are that important well that's ok...LG now has my business!

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Droid Turbo. Great battery....and that was about it. Hands down the worst camera on a phone ive used in the past 4-5 years. Don't regret it at all. LG has a new fan with me.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Droid turbo on Verizon. HATED that phone, was nothing but problems: IE: overheating after 15 minutes using Google maps; could NOT use the phone OUTSIDE of my house, no matter where I went; Verizon gave Network Extender (never needed one before) couldn't use 4G LTE and Verizon wouldn't help. So went to LG G4 with AT&T and so far AWESOME. Although only 4G, AT&T is running circles around Verizon LTE in my area :)

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Droid Turbo. I switched nearly entirely because of the camera. The leather back was an extra little nudge over the edge.

I miss a lot about the Turbo and even like Moto's version of Lollipop better (I still have the Turbo).

After much tweaking and trial and error...much more than has been the norm previously...I have the G4 humming along at a reasonable rate of battery drain, etc. Of course, I knew I was taking a step down in battery life after the Turbo and a Droid Maxx before it, but I'm generally pleased where the G4 is right now in that regard. Using the camera even a moderate amount does cause a wildly different battery drain experience, though (even considering all phone cameras have done that to some extent).

When I picked up a store model G3 last year to see how it felt in hand, I was pretty impressed considering the screen size. That remains true with my G4. It's the same width as my Turbo, a bit taller and of course thinner (I never was bothered by what some reviewers called a clunky size for the Turbo).

The Turbo was pretty close to My Perfect Phone. The problem being that what it lacked in camera ability (anything other than outdoor scenes was a struggle at best if there was even mdoerate motion) was weighted high in my priority heirarchy. That eventually brought it down and brought me to the G4. I like the G4 camera significantly more, even if I may not like the phone quite as much. I have no major complaints with the G4, though. That's new.

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually am getting better battery life on my G4 then I ever did on the Turbo. Even using the G4 MORE then I did Turbo. Seems the Turbo I had to charger several times a day, it would quickly fall to 40% in no time. The G4, charger every other day.

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I came from the HTC One (M7). Over all performance was not the problem. I really liked that phone other than the camera. After the first 6 months, the ultra pixel camera that started off great degraded fast making my images purple or red hued.

I am loving the camera on the G4 and the leather back makes it look damn sexy. It is a bit larger and a lot lighter than my HTC One (M7).

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually am getting better battery life on my G4 then I ever did on the Turbo. Even using the G4 MORE then I did Turbo. Seems the Turbo I had to charger several times a day, it would quickly fall to 40% in no time. The G4, charger every other day.

Well, you got a dud or something. That's clearly not right for battery drain with that phone. It's nowhere near the 48 hours they claim, but after 8 months of use I averaged 1 day 0 h of Battery Life, with over 8 hours of SoT (both according to Gsam at the time).

As of today on the G4, I have Gsam at 19 h 47 minutes Battery Life and 6 h 5 m SoT since July 8th (when I reset after fixing my drastic drain in the first couple of weeks).

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Came from a G2 which I loved until my battery started tanking. New phone requirements were a changeable battery and SD card, so I narrowed it down to the Note4 and the G4. It was a tossup between the two until I heard about the battery/SD card promotion which sealed my decision.

Glad I made the choice because I really love the G4. Been getting exceptionally good battery life lately too after a bit of minor tweaking. My G4 now outlasts my wife's G2.

David