What's with the Note 4 AT&T price gouge?

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
What's the deal with the ATT version selling for $825 (att site, Amazon) when the Verizon version is only $700???

I was all set to order today, wouldn't have even minded the $825 price tag, until I saw Verizon's is $125 less. That's making me pause and want to pass for spite/principal. But I really want to take advantage of the $200 pre order deal (I have an old S2 available to trade).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
re: What's with the Note 4 AT&T price gouge?

Just wait till somebody gets it and sells on Ebay or until they get real and drop the price. I certainly won't buy it for that much...

Posted via Android Central App

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

I agree, I just switched from Verizon to AT&T with a better pricing plan in August and bought the Note 3 Full Price. I have to pay full price, because I'm tired of the contracts. I was really hoping to get this phone, but now unless it blows me away when it comes out and I can see it hands on, I'll pass and stick with my Note 3. I absolutely cannot justify the huge jump in price for a phone with mediocre improvements over the Note 3. I will not pay more than $700 for the Note 4.

I may just have to wait awhile for some price drops or around the holidays, or wait for the Note 5. Only other option is to go back to Verizon, but that will not happen. LOL I hate them too much now.

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

These greedy jerks at att and Amazon are really pissing me off. They would already have my pre order right now if they weren't being so ridiculous. I refuse to pay more than msrp for this.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm wondering this much...if I buy the phone outright from AT&T I will get the $15 discount on mobile share. I wonder if this applies if I buy from Best Buy? Because that purchase would put me at elite status and I'd pay $25 less. Calling first thing in the AM. More than once because I don't trust those reps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm wondering this much...if I buy the phone outright from AT&T I will get the $15 discount on mobile share. I wonder if this applies if I buy from Best Buy? Because that purchase would put me at elite status and I'd pay $25 less. Calling first thing in the AM. More than once because I don't trust those reps.

You should qualify for the $15 line access discount.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

You should qualify for the $15 line access discount.

Rep confirmed. And I also just got a $5 certificate from Best Buy so I'm thinking that's the route I will go. Don't really want to pre order cuz the price could drop and I would limit the amount of time I could get the difference. 15 days after receipt.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Rep confirmed. And I also just got a $5 certificate from Best Buy so I'm thinking that's the route I will go. Don't really want to pre order cuz the price could drop and I would limit the amount of time I could get the difference. 15 days after receipt.

You can get a price adjustment if best drops the price anytime during the 15 day return period

" Best Buy Low Price Guarantee
modelImageHelp CenterSee all
The Best Buy Low Price Guarantee is simple:
We won't be beat on price.
Best Buy matches the price of all local retail competitors and major online retailers, including Amazon.
The Details:

At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.
We match BestBuy.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices on BestBuy.com purchases.
If we lower our price during the return/exchange period, we will match our lower price, upon request.
Our Low Price Guarantee covers one price match per identical item, per customer, at the current pre-tax price available to all customers."

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Yea that's what I know. With the way things change the price will drop the 16th day lol. But with my lack of patience is rather have it sooner than pay less. Sadly there is no store pickup option on Best Buy so I'll go with overnight shipping.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

I tried to get At&t to answer about the $125 price difference. Customer care asked a couple of questions about what plan I was looking at, but never answered my question.
I like the Note 4, but I'm not overpaying for it. Even with the Next plan it's about $42/month If I want a new phone every year. That's more than the on contract price.
I'm going to see what the Nexus 6 has and decide between the Nexus 6, ONE plus one, Or Moto X.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

they are the same price when you go with 2 year contract.

The price difference is only apparent when you trying to buy it outright.

Still, when looking at the price, its better to consider the plan cost over one or two years together with device cost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance