What's your earliest Android OS?

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, on an awful single-core Chinese tablet that froze up all the time and would be unusable today. It did get an update to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, though, which ultimately didn't help things.

Quite honestly, I can deal with slight lag on my tablet or one of my phones, because I had to use that awful Chinese thing for almost a year, seeing the "app isn't responding" message literally every day, and it made me completely grateful for what I have now. I'm just glad I didn't give up on Android after that.

My first OS version on a phone was 4.1.2 on a Galaxy S3. Now I'm currently using a Moto G4 Play with 7.1.1. It amazes me to see how far the OS has come in such a short period of time. I remember how dramatic of a shift Lollipop was, and now Pie (even though I haven't used it yet) looks to be shaking things up once again. It's so interesting to look back on.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Asus Transformer TF700T running Ice Crean Sandwich. I never updated it because people were originally not very happy with Jelly Bean. I bought the optional keyboard which had an internal battery that would charge the tablet when it's battery drained. I just disposed of it recently but up until then, I was still using it to play old games. (I just have too many devices, something had to go.)

😄

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd used Symbian for many, many years (which I absolutely LOVED) before finally having to switch to Android, trying a 1st gen Moto G running Jelly Bean.

Since then I've missed out on three: Marshmallow, Nougat and Android 12.

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
Nexus 6 (Android 5.0 Lollipop) back when WiFi calling was first integrated into the core of Android.

It was a bit too spartan (and some of the apps lacked stability/consistency/UI "polish" compared to iOS) so I switched back to iPhone. Last of those was 8 Plus... pre-ordered and switched to Pixel 4a and have been using Android ever since ("pure" Android, then OxygenOS and now OneUI).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939