Where's the update?

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Where's the update?!?!?!?!

I just checked the software update. Normally it just says "No New Software Update Available"

But TODAY it said; "Q2 Update? You BELIEVED US?!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!"

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

If there was another phone on Verizon that I could switch to, I definitely would. But, quite frankly, every other phone sucks (don't get me started on the Droid Charge). I just wanted Verizon to make good on this update. I have very little patience left and I really do not like being lied to. I might have to call Verizon today.

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Bottom line guys...not worth it to wait.
I have been waiting and waiting for Gingerbread, but it hasnt come.

So i took the plung, and put Das Bamf GB v2.1 with the MR2.5.
Phone works great.

I would interested to hear if anyone has had any issues with Das Bamf GB v2.1 or the MR2.5

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Phone works great.

I would interested to hear if anyone has had any issues with Das Bamf GB v2.1 or the MR2.5

I heard that you really should not root if you do not know what you are doing. Is this true?

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Phone works great.

Links for the ignorant please?

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

with everything there is always a risk... but rooting now, since the thunderbolt has been out for such a long time is very easy and there is a very low chance of messing things up if you read the instructions correctly.
Check out this: Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks - Android Forums
and read through the guides on how to root with windows/mac, how to back up and restore, upgrading to GB and the like.

The only issue that could be a little confusing are putting new radio file on your phone. But those are fairly easy to understand and have a much lower probability of messing things up on your phone.

If you have questions, people here are more than willing to be helpful and informative. Ill try to help as well to the best of my ablities if you can articulately describe your concerns and questions.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

with everything there is always a risk... but rooting now, since the thunderbolt has been out for such a long time is very easy and there is a very low chance of messing things up if you read the instructions correctly.
Check out this: Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks - Android Forums
and read through the guides on how to root with windows/mac, how to back up and restore, upgrading to GB and the like.

The only issue that could be a little confusing are putting new radio file on your phone. But those are fairly easy to understand and have a much lower probability of messing things up on your phone.

If you have questions, people here are more than willing to be helpful and informative. Ill try to help as well to the best of my ablities if you can articulately describe your concerns and questions.

You are a good man Charlie Brown. If I have the guts and time to root, I will follow your instructions.

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Just a quick question.

It looks like you have made 672 posts and been thanked 46 times...which is a lot...in that regard, you seem the more experienced person here....you new to the thunerbolt?

DMXavier

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

HAHA I am on the line for HTC support and the hold music is "If I Only had a brain" How appropriate as this phone seems to be ******ed.

dakotafearn

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Literally just got off the phone with verizon and htc reps. New update will be pushing out the next few days. They say it will fix the problems as well as update the phone and add new features according to HTC rep.

EricWiz

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Literally just got off the phone with verizon and htc reps. New update will be pushing out the next few days. They say it will fix the problems as well as update the phone and add new features according to HTC rep.

It's a shame we can't really trust anything they say at this point.

skyjjc

May 2, 2011
Visit site

We need an App that checks for firmware updates every five minutes, and them automatically posts the results to the forum....

Then of course, we would need a complainer APP that reads the resulting posts from the App above and generates a complaint post.

Save us all a lot of time.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

We need an App that checks for firmware updates every five minutes, and them automatically posts the results to the forum....

Then of course, we would need a complainer APP that reads the resulting posts from the App above and generates a complaint post.

Save us all a lot of time.

A long time ago, I saw a Shakespearian Insult Generator. You chose a noun from one column, a verb from another and an adjective from another (If I remember right) and created your own insult. Perhaps we could come up with a self service complaint generator where the first column is the company, the second is what they did (or didn't do) and the third is what drastic action the complainer is going to take!

Then the forum mods can create a filter for all complaining posts (especially about timelines and update schedules) and make the poster choose each phrase, then post it in a sticky at the top!

For those with actual technical issues, this shouldn't be necessary.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
to you bro

Sent Using Tapatalk

Your response was not linked to mine, therefore I was not quite sure.

I would suggest to you that everyone is new to the Thunderbolt, being that it is a new phone. However, to be more direct - I bought the TB on day one, so you could say that I am a TB veteran.

This is, however, my first Android phone. I have never own a cell phone in the last 25+ years that needed to be tweaked so much. I NOW understand that is the nature of Droid phones. Had I known this a head of time, I might not have bought it.

But I made my choice and I have learned to live with it, until something else comes along that suits me better.

The Thunderbolt is not a bad phone, it just has some aggravating quirks. Or better put, it has some quirks that are aggravating to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid