Whitestone Dome for the Ultra has Blue Light Cut ?

pmalena

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
This is someone else's picture of the actual product. I circled the blue light cut on the front of the package. I want the CLEAR GLASS not glass with a blue light filter built right in. :(

View attachment 323575

My Whitestone Dome for new Note 20 Ultra is due today. Pictures on website make protector look blue. Just installed Whitestone Dome to my Note 10 Plus and the protector is clear but the picture on the box it looks blue. Will update after WSD for Note 20 Ultra arrives later today.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My Whitestone Dome for new Note 20 Ultra is due today. Pictures on website make protector look blue. Just installed Whitestone Dome to my Note 10 Plus and the protector is clear but the picture on the box it looks blue. Will update after WSD for Note 20 Ultra arrives later today.
They are probably just showing it as blue on website. The glass is clear

pmalena

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

Arrived today and YES the protector is clear. Unfortunately both protectors have cracks at the corner & I've requested they be re-sent. First time I've gotten damaged protectors.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Arrived today and YES the protector is clear. Unfortunately both protectors have cracks at the corner & I've requested they be re-sent. First time I've gotten damaged protectors.

Did they ship them in a box or bubble envelope? Sorry to hear about them being cracked.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I am glad you posted this. I too received mine today, and I opened my box after reading your post - and not only are both protectors cracked in the corner, but the corner of the top half of the frame for installation is also broken, so I can't even install it even if the protectors were not broken. Wow - I also never received this broken before but clearly the yellow bubble envelope that it is sent in is not adequate.

Really not happy with them shipping a glass product in such a soft box in a soft envelope.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I am glad you posted this. I too received mine today, and I opened my box after reading your post - and not only are both protectors cracked in the corner, but the corner of the top half of the frame for installation is also broken, so I can't even install it even if the protectors were not broken. Wow - I also never received this broken before but clearly the yellow bubble envelope that it is sent in is not adequate.

Really not happy with them shipping a glass product in such a soft box in a soft envelope.

Crap, I just ordered today. You would think they would ship these in a box and not in a padded envelope.

Let us know how easy it is to get them to send a replacement?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Crap, I just ordered today. You would think they would ship these in a box and not in a padded envelope.

Let us know how easy it is to get them to send a replacement?

I have sent them a note on their website for Damaged Product, and I need to replace not just the protectors, but the installation frame as well - so they might as well just resend the whole thing - but if they want this back, more than happy to as long as they send me something to send it back in and a shipping label. lol It's the least they could do for $52. But they better not request me to send it back before they send a replacement. There was a reason I ordered this before my phone got here.

Will update when they respond. And yes - I think last year it was in a FedEx bubble envelope, but this bubble envelope was just a plain paper yellow one. Either way, the box inside didn't look that crushed at all, but it must've been crushed hard to break the frame. No padded envelope would have stopped this. Envelope doesn't even say FRAGILE.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
By the way, Whitestone Dome folks replied to someone on Amazon who placed a review criticizing the blue light cut:

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for choosing Dome glass.

Dome glass's blue light cut feature keep your screen very clearly while smart phone Blue light cut function makes your screen yellow.

Please find the color difference. :)

And please register your purchase through our website for your further use.

We are always trying best to satisfy you.

Thank you.

Whitestone Dome glass Team

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Mine arrived on Saturday, but it never occurred to me that I should inspect them. Tanks for warning me, but I am lucky and mine do not have any cracks.

Also in reference to any blue tint, I don't see it - held mine over my Note 9 and it just looks clear to me. 😎

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
IDK to each their own but these things have served me well in saving my phone screen. I've had the one on since March and it's all lightly scratched up and stuff. Rather have the protector be scratched vs the screen. Once I even closed my car door on my phone and hear a crunch and thought for sure the phone was toast but between the case and the protector (which did break) phone was fine. Had random drops too and such and the protector did its job.

airkorea08

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
IDK to each their own but these things have served me well in saving my phone screen. I've had the one on since March and it's all lightly scratched up and stuff. Rather have the protector be scratched vs the screen. Once I even closed my car door on my phone and hear a crunch and thought for sure the phone was toast but between the case and the protector (which did break) phone was fine. Had random drops too and such and the protector did its job.

Yeah I much rather have a $50 screen protector crack than the screen on my $1300 phone. Is it steep for a piece of glass? Sure, but thus far has been the best solution for a curved screen protector and works with the FPS

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
For those that need a replacement, fastest way would be on Facebook messenger, last year they send me a placement for my Note10 Plus, cause it was cracked on the corners i message them thru Facebook messenger they responded very fast and replaced my screens, just giving heads-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali