Why does Spotify keep dropping for a couple seconds on Galaxy Watch?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When doing cardio and logging it with my watch, the music is fine. However, as soon as I am done with cardio and start doing weights (I don't log the weights portion on my phone), I constantly get a couple beeps that stops Spotify for a few seconds, then it resumes.

It kind of sounds like it is a Bluetooth connection dropping, but I'm not sure. It sometimes seems to help if I re-pair my headphones, but not always.

*I think I have ruled out the headphones as I have zero issues when using my phone.

rklockner

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site
I have a new theory. My phone is in the locker room, which through the walls, is only 30'-50' from where I do cardio. The weights area is 2-5 times farther than that. Could the beeping I am hearing be related to the phone repeatedly reconnecting?

*The only flaw in this logic is that when I am 200-300' away, it still continues this behavior, so it would seem odd that it could randomly pick up the signal again...

rklockner

Mar 22, 2019
Visit site
I carried my phone with me through the gym today and didn't have any issues, so I think my guess of the watch continually reconnecting seems reasonable, so...

How do you turn off the feature that alerts you when the phone disconnects?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I carried my phone with me through the gym today and didn't have any issues, so I think my guess of the watch continually reconnecting seems reasonable, so...

How do you turn off the feature that alerts you when the phone disconnects?
On the watch: settings/connections/alerts (get Bluetooth disconnection alerts). Turn this off.