why doesn't my galaxy 12 show notifications on lock screen

HBloom

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
if course all my notification settings are on, I get a ding when I get a message, but it will not show on the lock screen

any help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which Galaxy phone? "12" presumably refers to the Android version.

Are you getting no notifications at all, or only for certain apps? When you say all of your notification settings are on, does that include the lockscreen notification options (that include showing all, showing none, or just hiding sensitive content)?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

HBloom

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
why doesn't my Samsung Galaxy A12 show notifications on lock screen?

Galaxy 12 does not refer to the Android Version it's a Samsung Galaxy A12

yes, of course all my notification settings are on, I get a ding when I get a message, but it will not show on the lock screen

Any help?

>> Are you getting no notifications at all, or only for certain apps? When you say all of your notification settings are on, does that include the lockscreen notification options (that include showing all, showing none, or just hiding sensitive content)?>>

I'm getting audio notification, but not visual ones.

Particular apps: Messages
Lockscreen Notifications all set to receive all messages in every format.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I merged your threads and made you the owner of your original guest post.

Thanks for clarifying -- it's always helpful to know the exact model name. It's not uncommon for people to say they have a "Samsung 8" or an "Android 12" phone, which is not specific enough.

I know you say that all of your notification settings are on, but it can still be helpful to know which specific settings you checked. In Settings>Lock Screen, tap the word Notifications (not the toggle) -- is it set to Details or Icons Only?

HBloom

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
I've never seen an option for AOD, and I just looked for it, searched the phone for it, and it doesn't seem to be available to me.
Should it?

I'm in safe mode now and it won't receive any texts at all in this mode (and my wifi is enabled).

Did I get a piece of junk?

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What carrier do you use? Is this phone one you bought from your carrier or somewhere else? What exact model is it?

HBloom

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
What carrier do you use? Is this phone one you bought from your carrier or somewhere else? What exact model is it?

Metro PCS by T-Mobile (not sure why that's important, though)
the phone is made by them to use by them (even though it's unlocked)

The model is Metro by T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy A12, 32GB

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen an option for AOD, and I just looked for it, searched the phone for it, and it doesn't seem to be available to me.
Should it?

I'm in safe mode now and it won't receive any texts at all in this mode (and my wifi is enabled).

Did I get a piece of junk?

That's very odd -- the messaging app should still work in Safe Mode. You're not using a 3rd party texting app like Textra, FB Messenger, or WhatsApp, are you?

HBloom

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
That's very odd -- the messaging app should still work in Safe Mode. You're not using a 3rd party texting app like Textra, FB Messenger, or WhatsApp, are you?

yes, I'm using an app called "messages" (and the reason it didn't work in safe was b/c the phone automatically switched the default to the messg app that came installed on the phone, which I don't use b/c it won't link up with my laptop, which I use to text daily), I did receive the messages but it went to the default app (oops!)

screen shots in the post above this one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones