Why is my google search starting up when i push my home button or when i use my phone keyboard?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

OK so my Google search starting doing this a couple weeks ago and I need help cause it's getting hella a annoying and it's stopping me from texting my boyfriend so yeah we have a problem and also how do I stop it forget all the irrelevant complaints. So can anyone help me stop it? Pretty please help?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK so my Google search starting doing this a couple weeks ago and I need help cause it's getting hella a annoying and it's stopping me from texting my boyfriend so yeah we have a problem and also how do I stop it forget all the irrelevant complaints. So can anyone help me stop it? Pretty please help?
Which phone you have so i can better assist you?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only time I've had something like this happen is if I either long press the home button (which is how you open the Google Assistant), or if my phone is lagging when I tap the home button and it thinks I long pressed it. Beyond those two circumstances, I'm not sure why it would be doing this. I'm on an LG V20 running Nougat, so there may be a programming difference with the Harmony I'm not aware of. If nothing else, you can try to disable the Google app, but then you lose all assistant functions.

If you recently updated the Google app, there may be a new bug in it as well. So you could also try uninstalling the updates, which would revert it back to the original version for your phone. That may or may not work, depending on what the problem is.

In the mean time, you should be able to still make and receive calls. If nothing else, instead of pressing the home button, just keep pressing the back button until you reach the home screen.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
No LG phone of mine has ever done that. There's something wrong, and I suggest that you put aside thoughts of texting until you've fixed it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800