Why isn't my OTG working any more with es-explorer?

gianfranco ruffini

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Otg not working any more with es-explorer

I am a user of Es explorer for several years.

Phone LG G4 uNrooted, os android 6.0 recently installed, Es explorer4.0.4.4

I used the features of moving file between my device and OTG external micro sd card plugged in USB port.
Now when i open es explorer the external OTG drive does not show up.
If i go to settings of my device/storage&usb/i can see the external usb card and content and copy/move files.
I would like to bring back the old feature to es-explorer.
Please help.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Otg not working any more with es-explorer

What Carl said is correct. previous instances of Android allowed for easy access of external storage, whereas newer version intentionally make it very difficult. If you have recently updated the revision on your phone, that is likely the culprit.

That said, ES File Explorer used to be a very good app, but a few months ago it was bought out by a horse-sh!+ developer and it quickly went downhill. It is possible that they borked something in the app itself. Personally, after years of using ES, I switched over to Solid Explorer. I still miss the old ES, but Solid Explorer is much better than what ES has become.

G Buck

Apr 8, 2018
Visit site
Re: Otg not working any more with es-explorer

What Carl said is correct. previous instances of Android allowed for easy access of external storage, whereas newer version intentionally make it very difficult. If you have recently updated the revision on your phone, that is likely the culprit.

That said, ES File Explorer used to be a very good app, but a few months ago it was bought out by a horse-sh!+ developer and it quickly went downhill. It is possible that they borked something in the app itself. Personally, after years of using ES, I switched over to Solid Explorer. I still miss the old ES, but Solid Explorer is much better than what ES has become.

I was having trouble using ES file explorer also. Deleted it and downloaded File Manager +, it works great, thanks for advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts