Why Samsung ? Not an Iphone

GottahaveIT2

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
Apps dont run smoothly. Got this burn in circle on my screen. Clock never updates but always tells me I have a pending update. Screen rotates sometimes but rarely when I want it to. Phone runs SLOW.... and it's a 1 year old 8+ that I bought brand new. Oh, and I cant listen to iTunes. Thinking of doing something I've never done before, turning in my phone with 13 remaining payments and buying an iPhone after an Android lifer.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 30, 2018
Visit site
Re: Why samsung and not an Iphone???

Apps dont run smoothly. Got this burn in circle on my screen. Clock never updates but always tells me I have a pending update. Screen rotates sometimes but rarely when I want it to. Phone runs SLOW.... and it's a 1 year old 8+ that I bought brand new. Oh, and I cant listen to iTunes. Thinking of doing something I've never done before, turning in my phone with 13 remaining payments and buying an iPhone after an Android lifer.

Never had any issues with any Samsung products/devices before, one of the more reliable name plates out there as far as I'm concerned. Even if I wasn't so keen on Samsung I wouldn't even include Apple in my list of devices to consider, not for any anti-Apple sentiments really, but I really don't understand why anyone would lock themselves into a system so strict that I couldn't even buy a charging cable without it being proprietary. And besides, I HATE iTunes! ;)

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Literally the only problem I've ever had with Samsung is the battery life. But I wouldn't switch to iPhone for that reason alone.

TFBisquit

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site

Well, having both, and stressing out that it's a personal matter, the issues you describe fit my iPhone perfectly.
Apps do crash occasionally, phone is slow etc etc.

But getting the latest iPhone no doubt eliminates any speed issue.
As for the rest, I prefer some form of control over my phone, apple is too restricted for my taste. Further more they dislike extra customization options, which are plenty on Android.

Last but not least, I wanted to install geekbench 4 on my iPhone but had to pay for it at the time, it was free on Android.
So I'm happy with my s8+ and satisfied with Samsung as it stands. I won't buy any washing machine from them anymore though. Same for flatscreen. LG has my preference there.

So it's all a personal matter which will differ from person to person.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

So did you want people to convince you not to go to iPhone? Sorry you're having so many issues. You should get the phone that you think is a better fit for you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why samsung???

I didn't have any payments left (the phone was 4 years old) but I switched from Samsung to a Pixel 2, and I'm not sorry. (I didn't need the XL, but it's there if you want the size.) And with cloud accounts appearing like mushrooms after a rain, who needs SD cards for storage? (We really do need them for other things, like booting up a bootlooped phone, but what tiny percentage of users even know that can be done - so they won't bring SD cards back.)

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have any payments left (the phone was 4 years old) but I switched from Samsung to a Pixel 2, and I'm not sorry. (I didn't need the XL, but it's there if you want the size.) And with cloud accounts appearing like mushrooms after a rain, who needs SD cards for storage? (We really do need them for other things, like booting up a bootlooped phone, but what tiny percentage of users even know that can be done - so they won't bring SD cards back.)

Spotify works wonders with no data.

As for the op.
When did your issues start? Have you ever restored your phone, cleared the cache?
Why can't you listen to iTunes? Apple music is available on Android, or if you have offline music isyncr is an excellent app that is built to sync with iTunes. Works excellent. I have been using it since before the iPod/iPhone could sync wirelessly, yeah, Android could sync with iTunes wirelessly before the iPod.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site

I have an s8, have for 15 months, runs the opposite of the original post! Mines is still rapid, apps open super fast, OP there is something up with your phone, perhaps a dodgy app somewhere?

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
OP you sound like the type of person who needs an iPhone.

Like any computer a phone needs periodic maintenance and upkeep to stay running smoothly.
If you can't or don't want to do that then maybe iPhone will be better for you.

You might be in for a big surprise though. While iPhones might require less user maintenance to stay running they also limit what you can do with them.
And then, eventually, the iPhone will still have the same slow downs, lag, and battery issues any computing device will get.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

As much as I normally try to help people, after the "can't listen to iTunes" comment, I think you should get an iPhone. It is probably just a better fit for you. Although, if you subscribe to Apple Music you can use the app on your S8. Not sure why you would choose Apple Music/iTunes if you have been an Android lifer. That seems odd.

Either way, best of luck!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I have an s8, have for 15 months, runs the opposite of the original post! Mines is still rapid, apps open super fast, OP there is something up with your phone, perhaps a dodgy app somewhere?

This.

I've had zero issues. My S8+ has been in the mountains camping and the beach many times. I have a ton of apps and take lots of pictures. I use it for texting and email every day at work. Very reliable phone.

ShopperHolly

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
Android does not preclude listening to music on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify or any of a number of music apps. Something is definitely was wrong with the OP's phone. Screen burn is avoidable with settings that don't allow apps to stay lit for long--I know from experience though I did not let it get severe. I hope he didn't give up and go to Apple without doing a thorough debug of his Android/Samsung first. Even my S7Edge still worked well after 4 years. Mainly upgraded to S10+ because of a two-for deal and a desire to switch carriers. Right now, there's nothing that would make me switch to Apple, not the least concern is their exorbitant price.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site

I think you’ve definitely got something wrong with your phone...the vast majority of S8+ users find them to be excellent devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigthangz80