Wireless charger won't charge phone to 100% overnight

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Last night I used the official Samsung wireless charger to charge my phone overnight. The battery graph shows it reached 100% at 2am, but then dropped back down to 92% when I picked it up in the morning.

The highest battery usage app was "Connection Optimizer" with 2% usage which doesn't seem like a lot. I've disabled it under the "Mobile Networks" setting so we'll see if that helps. But somehow I doubt that was causing the drain.

Anyone else see this type of thing while charging their phone overnight on a wireless charger?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Last night I used the official Samsung wireless charger to charge my phone overnight. The battery graph shows it reached 100% at 2am, but then dropped back down to 92% when I picked it up in the morning.

The highest battery usage app was "Connection Optimizer" with 2% usage which doesn't seem like a lot. I've disabled it under the "Mobile Networks" setting so we'll see if that helps. But somehow I doubt that was causing the drain.

Anyone else see this type of thing while charging their phone overnight on a wireless charger?

On AT&T, I am using my OEM charger and have not had this issue.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

I've has that issue as well. Most mornings it tops off at 98% and stays there. The fast charger always gets it to 100% and then stops charging.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Duracell wireless charger with my S6 in a Spigen thin case and it charges up to 100% (showing the green notification light).

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the Samsung wireless charger shuts off when the phone hits 100% and does not reactivate until the phone is placed on it again? I swear I saw a post somewhere mentioning that as an 'energy saver' type of thing. I only use my wireless charger for top off when I'm at the office so I've never had it on long enough to hit 100%.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a strange thing going on also. I've only had the phone 3 nights. First 2 nights it charged to 100% on the Samsung Wireless Charger. Last night, I woke up to the charging pad blinking, the phone not charging, and the phone at 93%. It hadn't charged for 4+ hours when I checked the batter stats. We'll see what happens tonight.

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
On the Samsung wireless charger, mine appears to shut off once the phone gets to 100%, and then I have whatever I have when I get up. Like others it seems like the wireless pad doesn't come back on once it shuts down.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Ive had the flashing light as well. I also noticed last night that the charger seemed to be a bit more particular with the position of the phone on it. It might have been me and being half asleep but I really think that it didn't have to be so precise on previous charges.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
On the Samsung wireless charger, mine appears to shut off once the phone gets to 100%, and then I have whatever I have when I get up. Like others it seems like the wireless pad doesn't come back on once it shuts down.

The green LED lights up on the OEM charging pad when it's fully charged.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
So far, I've done two nights on the Samsung Wireless Charger. First morning, I had the same exact result as the OP...woke up to 93%. I assumed it was as others mentioned, that it had charged to 100% and shut off. This morning, though, I woke up to a full 100%...same conditions as the previous night.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had similar issues for the last 4 nights with Samsung charger

At 1st I thought it was reaching 100% and not turning back on, but it seems to vary especially if you get a message overnight.

Several times (as I tested it also during the weekend daytime) it would reach 100% and turn green then a few hours later turn to flashing purple and a few times it has stayed green for hours

Like a dummy I threw the manual away and there is not a PDF on Sammy site to explain the flashing alert on the charger

Something seems to interrupt the staying on 100% or from re-intialising

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just started using the Samsung wireless charger and am having the same issue. Looks like I'll be buying a new wireless charger for my bedside and I'll turn this one into my office charger.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
New OEM Samsung wireless charging pad (round disc) will charge to 100% then LED turns green for a short time before the charger powers off. Charger will only power on again if you lift phone off then return to the charger.

Unfortunately, Samsung did not include a "top up" function for their wireless charger. This charger is not the best option for overnight charging as you'll surely wake up to less than 100% charge.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
New OEM Samsung wireless charging pad (round disc) will charge to 100% then LED turns green for a short time before the charger powers off. Charger will only power on again if you lift phone off then return to the charger.

Unfortunately, Samsung did not include a "top up" function for their wireless charger. This charger is not the best option for overnight charging as you'll surely wake up to less than 100% charge.
This has been my experience too. Glad it was free!