ZVH OTA update.zip

jbobby

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So, what are we talking? 60? 90 minutes? :)

Whatever it takes a lot of us tech-savvy but hacking-challenged followers appreciate the effort.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
So, what are we talking? 60? 90 minutes? :)

Whatever it takes a lot of us tech-savvy but hacking-challenged followers appreciate the effort.

Going to be a lot longer than that. I have the software running (and rooted) but it's running on the ZVD radio which doesn't work at all. All I did was strip the radio.img from the update ZIP, and modify some stuff in the updater-script. DO NOT DO THIS, YOU WILL RENDER YOUR DEVICE USELESS AS A PHONE!

The only way I was able to root it was through the custom recovery. As per my various tests, Gingerbreak does NOT work with this update.

Furthermore, it appears that LG/Sprint have decided not to release this update through the LG Mobile Update tool. I have checked the LG servers for signs of the update as per these instructions but so far have gotten no results*.

* The instructions named above do work, but the LG server is displaying that there is no update available, even using the serial number from a non-refurbished device. Hopefully they put it on the LG servers soon, but don't get your hopes up.