[ROM] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta VIII [8-24-11]

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Interesting interpretation of the quote from Chingy's post. To me that means please don't use Ziggy's Kernel without his permission. I did not read anything about that kernel coming from Verizon or HTC. And since you did not quote the entire bullet:

In which Chingy is thanking "zigs"... to me that would signify he had ziggy's permission to use his kernel, but does not want others to just use it without ziggy's permission.

Ok that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification. Just seem strange when developers use software they don't have permission to use(GB Leak), then tell other developers they can't use a kernel with out someones consent.

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Pull a kearnel out of the "official" HTC leak yourself and customize it then. I couldn't do it. The kearnel in this rom is not exactly the same as whatever is in the leak. It is customized.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the point is that it's ironic to say you don't want someone to use your kernel without permission and at the same time you using a leak without permission from HTC...that's all.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the point is that it's ironic to say you don't want someone to use your kernel without permission and at the same time you using a leak without permission from HTC...that's all.

Maybe, but the actual kernel that Chingy is using is Ziggy's kernel... NOT HTC's!!!

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe, but the actual kernel that Chingy is using is Ziggy's kernel... NOT HTC's!!!

Correct...but the leak itself comes from HTC. Doesn't bother me at all that the devs use these leaks without permission, I love what they are doing. The irony in it wasn't really about Chingy, was more related to Ziggy.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Correct...but the leak itself comes from HTC. Doesn't bother me at all that the devs use these leaks without permission, I love what they are doing. The irony in it wasn't really about Chingy, was more related to Ziggy.

Really???? Yes, credit does go to Ziggy... and it appears Chingy is not afraid to share the credit, as every good programmer will do... but you make it sound like Chingy did NO work... again, REALLY??? I'm guessing you are not a programmer... and that is not much of a guess. Sorry if that did not sound nice... it was not meant to.

Yes, this was based on HTC's leak... but if it wasn't for Chingy and others we would not have the ability to see these other ROMs... we'd all have whatever HTC gave us and that is all... or Motorola... or whoever put out the device.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think you misunderstood completely. When I say the irony was about Ziggy, I'm in no way talking at all about Chingy's work. Simply just talking about the irony in Ziggy not wanting anyone to use his kernel without permission. This was not about Chingy or how much work he's done, that's has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying. It's also not stating anything negative about anyone especially the devs that bring us these great ROMs...as I stated before, I love the work they are doing.

It's not as deep as you are taking it :D

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I flashed this along with the latest radio and so far it's very nice. Battery life so far seems to be just as good as VI and haven't run into any issues.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
if it doesnt bother you then why drag this out, enjoy, pay homage to them both for a great job and move on.

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
So about the voicemail notification issue, do you still get a notice in the message app, if so it's not an issue for me.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So about the voicemail notification issue, do you still get a notice in the message app, if so it's not an issue for me.

Yes, on a missed call you still get the missed call notification... but sadly you would have to see the time to be sure they have enough time to leave a message, then call *86 to check your messages... luckily I don't get that many calls, and really have only had a hand full of voice messages in the life of my Tbolt.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
does it show a icon on the bar when u have a voice mail or do you have to have your gmail account sycned in order to get the voice mail.

As far as this ROM I love it. Battery life is amazing with the latest radios being used. A+++++++

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
does it show a icon on the bar when u have a voice mail or do you have to have your gmail account sycned in order to get the voice mail.

As far as this ROM I love it. Battery life is amazing with the latest radios being used. A+++++++

As long as you have the google voice app installed you'll get an icon in the notification bar for voicemail.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
i've tried a few times the google voice and at set up it tells me my company (verizon) cant set up the app

And it says to click that link, which explains how to set it up... you need to use your PC > Gmail > Voice > Wrench > Setup Voice... etc, etc, etc. Follow the directions.

Reactions: panitsos