[ROM] Not fully Official CM7 for Thunderbolt. 7.1.1 Updated 10-2

Wampa1

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Not fully Official CM7 for Thunderbolt. 7.1.1 Updated 1

I updated to the newest radios a while back and I'm still having problems with data dropping when browsing the internet. The 4G logo will still be at the top of the phone but the up and down arrows will be dimmed out and it will just hang like that for about a minute. Anyone have any other ideas?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I updated to the newest radios a while back and I'm still having problems with data dropping when browsing the internet. The 4G logo will still be at the top of the phone but the up and down arrows will be dimmed out and it will just hang like that for about a minute. Anyone have any other ideas?

Try going into the Browser > Settings > clear cache

Reactions: Wampa1

coolhandjake

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

just flashed this today. i used the link on page 17. i went to check that 4g was off since i don't get it where i live and would like to preserve the battery as much as possible. it seems that there are more options than in the bamf roms, but none of them are lte. is 4g called something else on this rom? i travel for work and would like the option to use 4g where it's available. if anyone can let me know what's up i would be greatfull.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

just flashed this today. i used the link on page 17. i went to check that 4g was off since i don't get it where i live and would like to preserve the battery as much as possible. it seems that there are more options than in the bamf roms, but none of them are lte. is 4g called something else on this rom? i travel for work and would like the option to use 4g where it's available. if anyone can let me know what's up i would be greatfull.

You downloaded a nightly build... unfortunately the developers are not really working on this version much any more since ICS has their full attention right now. Version 7.1.1 on the first post is a very solid version, and even though it says it's a "Not fully Official" it's very solid and will never really be official for the TB is because CM doesn't have some source code for the TB or some such... but and the 4G works.

Up until a week or so ago I was using 7.1.1 and it was still one of my favorite ROMs.

coolhandjake

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

You downloaded a nightly build... unfortunately the developers are not really working on this version much any more since ICS has their full attention right now. Version 7.1.1 on the first post is a very solid version, and even though it says it's a "Not fully Official" it's very solid and will never really be official for the TB is because CM doesn't have some source code for the TB or some such... but and the 4G works.

Up until a week or so ago I was using 7.1.1 and it was still one of my favorite ROMs.

just to be clear... wtf? just went to the preferred network so i could tell you what options i had and they have changed since i went to bed last night. i now have an lte option. a couple actually. i receved 4 weird text between 1:11 and 6:25. they were from the number 6250 and all they said was "VZWNMN:1". i thought maybe the vzw at the beginning had something to do with verizon. do you think that would have changed the options i had in the preferred network setting?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

just to be clear... wtf? just went to the preferred network so i could tell you what options i had and they have changed since i went to bed last night. i now have an lte option. a couple actually. i receved 4 weird text between 1:11 and 6:25. they were from the number 6250 and all they said was "VZWNMN:1". i thought maybe the vzw at the beginning had something to do with verizon. do you think that would have changed the options i had in the preferred network setting?

"wtf?".... what is this for???

I think I said what I think you should do... but maybe I did not fully state it... I recommend you load 7.1.1.

coolhandjake

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

"wtf?".... what is this for???

I think I said what I think you should do... but maybe I did not fully state it... I recommend you load 7.1.1.

no no sorry. the wtf was not at you. i was typing as i was looking at my phone. it was to convey my shock when i i found settings that weren't there before. i was getting ready to ask if there would be a lte option in the preferred network settings if i flashed 7.1.1 and tell you the options i had but when i looked at them so i could list them they changed somehow. i now have 4 different lte options; lte only, global lte, gsm/wcdma/lte auto, and cdma + lte/evdo auto. these options were not here before i went to bed last night. also last night there was an option at the very bottom that was "other". it is now gone. sorry again if i offended you, it was not my intention.

jgang06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys is the first page link the latest cyanogenmod version for the thunderbolt? Can someone point me in the direction to the LATEST version? Link? Thanks.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Hey guys is the first page link the latest cyanogenmod version for the thunderbolt? Can someone point me in the direction to the LATEST version? Link? Thanks.

This is the latest... unless you want to see the nightly build, which I think they stopped recently because everyone is looking at CM9 (ICS version).

Atomic_Monkey

Android monkey
Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

It is cm7.1.1 and on Rom manager... don't have the direct link maybe someone will post... otherwise the original post should point you there I will have a look in a minute...

Gage

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

So I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the ROM but suddenly I can't sync my twitter contacts anymore...it keeps giving me an error saying it'll "be back soon"...this happened on this build and on the nightly from Rootz Wiki...is this a ROM issue or something on Twitter's end?

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Ok. I am loving this rom! I'm having a GPS lock issue where it can't find my location. I tried the AOSP network fix and nothing changed. After reading through the Rootz post, I saw that the fix just works for your network, nothing related to my issue. Can someone please help? I really want to keep this as my DD.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Ok. I am loving this rom! I'm having a GPS lock issue where it can't find my location. I tried the AOSP network fix and nothing changed. After reading through the Rootz post, I saw that the fix just works for your network, nothing related to my issue. Can someone please help? I really want to keep this as my DD.

What did you do?

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I followed all the steps on rootz before reading through the entire post. So I deleted the network apk and added the new one. Installed it on the sd card root, but nothing has changed. I never could get gps lock before trying the suggested fix. I used bamf yesterday with no issues with lock or navigation.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I followed all the steps on rootz before reading through the entire post. So I deleted the network apk and added the new one. Installed it on the sd card root, but nothing has changed. I never could get gps lock before trying the suggested fix. I used bamf yesterday with no issues with lock or navigation.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

THE solution I've always used... and it works... although I can't guarantee it since you deleted the network apk.

Make a backup in Recovery, flash a Sense ROM like BAMF Forever, log in, start GPS, start Navigation app, get a GPS lock-on by finding driving directions to some location, leave Navigation app running, boot into Recovery, make a backup of the Sense ROM since you might need it again, restore AOSP ROM... GPS should work... no deleting network apk.

I've been doing this same thing for a long, long time. Always get a GPS lock on with Navigation app before flashing an AOSP ROM.

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

THE solution I've always used... and it works... although I can't guarantee it since you deleted the network apk.

Make a backup in Recovery, flash a Sense ROM like BAMF Forever, log in, start GPS, start Navigation app, get a GPS lock-on by finding driving directions to some location, leave Navigation app running, boot into Recovery, make a backup of the Sense ROM since you might need it again, restore AOSP ROM... GPS should work... no deleting network apk.

I've been doing this same thing for a long, long time. Always get a GPS lock on with Navigation app before flashing an AOSP ROM.

Fatboy, after making my backup, do I need to wipe the phone before flashing BAMF? Same applies after I make a backup of BAMF to flash back to CM7? The reason I ask is that I'm stuck in a bootloop. Gonna wait to hear from you.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Fatboy, after making my backup, do I need to wipe the phone before flashing BAMF? Same applies after I make a backup of BAMF to flash back to CM7? The reason I ask is that I'm stuck in a bootloop. Gonna wait to hear from you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/thunderbolt-rooting-roms-hacks/77350-guide-how-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html... this is THE GUIDE!!!!

I did not really think I need to tell you how to install a ROM, but yes, you need wipe data, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache before installing a ROM.

But no you don't have to do that when restoring a ROM, because it is loading your data from you backup files... I guess you could, but no you don't have wipe data when restoring from a backup.

drummerj80

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

My bad! I was just curious because I've never had to do this before. The AOSP is new to me so I just wanted to be clear your method because I know you've had success getting GPS to work for you. I've tried 3 AOSP roms and could never get a lock and I am still new to Android as this is my first of hopefully many droid phones to come.