Mods close this thread.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: ☆ ★ROM InfectedROM Eternity? | NIGHTLYS | Sense 3.5 | XE BEA

Oh, that. Yeah, thats working as intended. It's the ime keyboard. You should be able to turn that option in they keyboard setting if I remember correctly. I hate those arrows so i ha en them turned off in SwiftKey. If you haven't tried SwiftKey yet, I would recommend it.

Check it out at SwiftKey X - The world's first 'Social AI' keyboard

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse(hopefully soon) INFECTED Eternity bolt running Ziggys latest.

I'm at school between classes right now and just started to reflash it. So if anything comes up in a more thorough use, I'll let you know. Good to know those weren't mistakes or bugs though.

Harkes2k

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

How has everyone been with battery life? Just installed it so I am curious with what to expect...

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Only issue I'm finding now is that DSP Manager is constantly force closing itself once I try to mess with the equalizer. In order for the Force Closing to stop I have to clear all app data from Settings>Applications. Then if I try to touch the Equalizer again, the force closing happens again.

Now the obvious fix for me is that I won't touch the Equalizer through that app, but just letting you know.

Oh, and I still can't get the arrows back on to the stock keyboard for the life of me! I love the stock keyboard, but I'll just have to find something else (tried Swiftkey X, not a fan).

Everything else is seriously amazing though. This is the best Sense ROM I've used so far, man!

Edit: Also, Beats is Disable-able, but can't be reenabled unless I completely kill the Music app and restart it. Found this because I was trying to toggle between and be amazed at the sound difference (Which I am <33)

Last edited:

InfectedBully

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I'm finding now is that DSP Manager is constantly force closing itself once I try to mess with the equalizer. In order for the Force Closing to stop I have to clear all app data from Settings>Applications. Then if I try to touch the Equalizer again, the force closing happens again.

Now the obvious fix for me is that I won't touch the Equalizer through that app, but just letting you know.

Oh, and I still can't get the arrows back on to the stock keyboard for the life of me! I love the stock keyboard, but I'll just have to find something else (tried Swiftkey X, not a fan).

Everything else is seriously amazing though. This is the best Sense ROM I've used so far, man!

Edit: Also, Beats is Disable-able, but can't be reenabled unless I completely kill the Music app and restart it. Found this because I was trying to toggle between and be amazed at the sound difference (Which I am <33)

DSP has been fixed. I use it daily. I've never had an issue with it though.

SwiftKey takes some getting used to and you'll want to fix your settings to suit you. I've tried going back to the other keyboards, but skx works too well to let go. Also, I've heard the arrowed keyboard has been removed till issues with it can be worked out.

Oh, you can't use beats and dsp at the same time. Beats will take over and dsp will fc.

Sent from my rooted, Dark Horse(hopefully soon) INFECTED Eternity bolt running Ziggys latest.

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

DSP has been fixed. I use it daily. I've never had an issue with it though.

SwiftKey takes some getting used to and you'll want to fix your settings to suit you. I've tried going back to the other keyboards, but skx works too well to let go. Also, I've heard the arrowed keyboard has been removed till issues with it can be worked out.

Oh, you can't use beats and dsp at the same time. Beats will take over and dsp will fc.

I'm having the DSP Force Close issue anytime I mess with the Eq. at all - whether beats/music is active or not. I can turn the equalizer on fine, but if I try to select a preset or even touch the eq. box at all it force closes and I need to go and wipe app data for it to work correctly again otherwise it reminds me every 15-20 seconds that it's stopped unexpectedly. Like I said before, I can live without that, but I'm just passing along what's happening to me. It's not a big deal at all though.

Is there anywhere I can Re-DL just that app and see if that fixes the issue? I already noticed it wasn't on the Market. :p

As for the keyboard "problem," I'll just have to manage with what's available. No big deal.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone notice that Opera Mobile will not run on this rom? Does anyone have a solution to resolve this?

InfectedBully

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the DSP Force Close issue anytime I mess with the Eq. at all - whether beats/music is active or not. I can turn the equalizer on fine, but if I try to select a preset or even touch the eq. box at all it force closes and I need to go and wipe app data for it to work correctly again otherwise it reminds me every 15-20 seconds that it's stopped unexpectedly. Like I said before, I can live without that, but I'm just passing along what's happening to me. It's not a big deal at all though.

Is there anywhere I can Re-DL just that app and see if that fixes the issue? I already noticed it wasn't on the Market. :p

As for the keyboard "problem," I'll just have to manage with what's available. No big deal.

Hmm. Thats interesting. Honestly, if you're on a dirty flash, that in itself will be the issue? There was a build that had a jacked up dsp, and if you dirty flashed or restored old data from it, that could be your issue.

If your issue still persists, i might run a permissions fix in recovery, or grab a version of it from when it was working for me out of a rom. From there if just swap in root explorer and reboot.

InfectedBully

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone notice that Opera Mobile will not run on this rom? Does anyone have a solution to resolve this?

Well, according to their reviews, it's a widespread issue and not isolated on this rom. With that said however, I ran it the other day for a bit and uninstalled in favor of Firefox and xscope pro.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Just installed and everything seems to be working right. :)
Anyone know how I can get larger font? It's a bit small. I would love to have the new Roboto font.

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Just installed and everything seems to be working right. :)
Anyone know how I can get larger font? It's a bit small. I would love to have the new Roboto font.

You can add the roboto font. Try a search over on xda there are a few of the guys in the Infected thread that installed it successfully.

Reactions: dragonsamus

Harkes2k

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

So far so good... weird problem though wifi will drop and then reconnect every 10 minutes or so? Problem with my radio or this rom? I haven't had issues with it before...

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Well, according to their reviews, it's a widespread issue and not isolated on this rom. With that said however, I ran it the other day for a bit and uninstalled in favor of Firefox and xscope pro.

Everything else is working well, I can run Opera Mini but the mobile version closes as soon as it is opened with no errors... I was wondering if the kernal could be issue but dont know which is safe to try..

Oh and I notice the signal isnt as strong as other roms, I have tried every radio with no luck on improving signal strength but its useable for now...

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Everything else is working well, I can run Opera Mini but the mobile version closes as soon as it is opened with no errors... I was wondering if the kernal could be issue but dont know which is safe to try..

Oh and I notice the signal isnt as strong as other roms, I have tried every radio with no luck on improving signal strength but its useable for now...

From what I can tell, all of our little issues (Opera, WiFi/signal, DSP) are isolated to our own phones.

I'm sure mine is an app issue, so I'm gonna try and fix that by reinstalling it.

Did you try manually installing Opera? Dl it to your computer and then xfer it to your phone and install? Kind of a long shot, but probably worth the time.

WiFi and signal issues I haven't noticed. I'm still on MR2.0 (I believe, it's been so long since I flashed it now...) and haven't had those problems.

stratejaket

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Ziggys kernels or Imo are the 2 kernels that people have had work fine.

InfectedBully

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So far so good... weird problem though wifi will drop and then reconnect every 10 minutes or so? Problem with my radio or this rom? I haven't had issues with it before...

Do this. Hit the menu button, go to settings, click wireless and networks, go into the wifi settings, hit menu again, click advanced, set to performance and change the drop time to never or never while plugged in.

As far as the signal goes, it's still on a 4 bar scale. The back end needs to be fixed for it to show on a 6 bar scale.

InfectedBully

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

This isn't a kernel issue. Changing the kernel will do nothing.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

This isn't a kernel issue. Changing the kernel will do nothing.

Its just a shot in the dark because I experienced issues with apps before with other roms because of the kernel, after I installed others kernels the app would start working again... I like this rom a lot but the reception and Opera Mobile has been the plus factor for me on other roms.

I also was going to check into other possible solutions, the kernel was just a option to consider...

InfectedBully

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Its just a shot in the dark because I experienced issues with apps before with other roms because of the kernel, after I installed others kernels the app would start working again... I like this rom a lot but the reception and Opera Mobile has been the plus factor for me on other roms.

I also was going to check into other possible solutions, the kernel was just a option to consider...

The signal is NOT an issue. It's just not setup right to utilize the six bar, but it's purely a visual defect and not function. As far as opera goes, have you read the reviews?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

The signal is NOT an issue. It's just not setup right to utilize the six bar, but it's purely a visual defect and not function. As far as opera goes, have you read the reviews?

I am working on resolving the signal being misconfiguration and Yes I read the reviews and haven't seen any reports on Opera Mobile.. I can work around these things but figured I would throw it out there..