There's to hoping Verizon would announce the Merge today..

mputtr

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I knew the net was abuzzed with the CDMA iphone to be announced today, but I was hoping it would've been the Merge being announced instead. That's quite a bummer for me but hopefully the Merge will be announced soon......
I really want to get rid of my old phone.

oldpueblo

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
No merge, no WP7, but I can get the Sprint Shift right now which is pretty damn close to the merge. Decisions, decisions. I too have been waiting a long time.

mputtr

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the shift too, but the keyboard still nags me.... in some odd way. It reminds me of a fisher price toy, but I know its innards are awesome. So I'll probably be waiting for a while until a GSM version of either 2 to appear on HTC's worldwide site..

hoosiercub

May 6, 2010
www.facebook.com
I was really hoping to have heard something about this device by now, maybe we'll hear something from MWC.

I want the Merge so damn bad, Merge + LTE + No-Bing = MyNextPhone

mputtr

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
i'm all for that. Hopefully HTC will release a GSM version with the merge.. I've never been a fan of the Z hinge so hopefully i'd be able to get my paws on this beautiful phone....

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I knew the net was abuzzed with the CDMA iphone to be announced today, but I was hoping it would've been the Merge being announced instead. That's quite a bummer for me but hopefully the Merge will be announced soon......
I really want to get rid of my old phone.

No offense, but why would you think that the merge would be unveiled today?

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site

I don't think anyone actually believed that the announcement would have been for the merge. (Although, I'm sure many wished that to be) But I think it would have been HILARIOUS if the even was just for the Merge. Could you imagine the disappointment and anger of iFans?

mputtr

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

i never thought it would happen. It was a mere hope that it would be the merge instead of the iphone. and as spartan noted, it would've been hilarious to see the iphanboys scream in unison and implode the internet in their iRage.

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I really don't see the hype or resulting excitement about the iphone announcement.

- If you really wanted an iphone, you went to ATT already unless you were a silly holdout
- If you are already on ATT, you won't be able to leave if you just got a current gen iphone
- The phone isn't anything different from the current state of the art (excluding chip)

I think it really just gets people that are on a family plan that couldn't/didn't want to leave but want an iphone. Given the blackberry and android alternatives, these people really couldn't find a phone they liked?

This should have been a 1 minute thing. "Oh hey, we're gonna offer the iphone. Ok, thanks!"

I'm still bummed that none of the lte phones were sliders at CES. My current phone is reaching old age and I want to upgrade soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez