Thinking of getting one..hows GPS and 3G?

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi- I have a chance to pick up a Incredible 2 for a good price and the main things i need is Good GPS (fast and accurate lock times) and good 3G reception....my Fascinate GPS is just horrific and my Nexus reception is so terrible. I want one good phone that can do both. I dont need dual core or 4G.
Thanks!

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Fascinate I think you'll be very pleased with the GPS - the difference is night and day.

Radio performance is about the same...maybe a little bit better. My house is in a marginal coverage area and I think I have better luck with calls on the DINC 2.

I use Google Navigation a lot and one thing I couldn't stand about the Fascinate is that the battery actually drains when using Navigation in the car while connected to external DC. Not so with the DINC2. The battery receives a charge while Navigation is running. It's a much better design all around.

Reactions: briguyy

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Fascinate I think you'll be very pleased with the GPS - the difference is night and day.

Radio performance is about the same...maybe a little bit better. My house is in a marginal coverage area and I think I have better luck with calls on the DINC 2.

I use Google Navigation a lot and one thing I couldn't stand about the Fascinate is that the battery actually drains when using Navigation in the car while connected to external DC. Not so with the DINC2. The battery receives a charge while Navigation is running. It's a much better design all around.

Thanks for the info
I needed to know about the reception because on Verizons site every 5 reviews complain of poor reception. And the GPS is good to know too...i also use Google navigation alot and need it to be reliable.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info
I needed to know about the reception because on Verizons site every 5 reviews complain of poor reception. And the GPS is good to know too...i also use Google navigation alot and need it to be reliable.

OK reception is poor,every where I go I hardly have signal. My house has full 4g and 3g. I drop calls and people complain that I break up a lot. GPS is OK a little better than the fascinate but not by much. I want to sell this phone because of the poor reception. That's my two cents.

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, this is the best Android phone Verizon has. I love this phone, no matter where I go I ALWAYS have a minimum of 2 bars of service. I also use my Google navigation everyday to get to my customer's homes and it always locks in fast. The best part about this phone is the battery life, I unplugged at 8 am today and its now 1130 pm and I still have 30% left after heavy use all day. If you have the chance to pick one up, go for it and I don't think you'll regret it!

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your input..im going to go to the Verizon store today and take a look and see how i like it. The only thing i didnt like about my other HTC phone ( EVO 3D) was the low speaker volume, the small font (i have bad eyes) and the in contacts the address would get cutoff at the end if the street name was too long the you couldnt see the whole zipcode....well know i know what to look for.
Thanks everyone!

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Service is good. Not one dropped call. The battery life is very good also. 18hrs unplugged and still at 22% with an hour of calls, 200 txts and a few hrs of Netflix

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Service is good. Not one dropped call. The battery life is very good also. 18hrs unplugged and still at 22% with an hour of calls, 200 txts and a few hrs of Netflix

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

WOW!! Thats some great battery life!! A little off topic but i forgot to ask, how is the speaker phone volume and the regular ear speaker volume? Is it high enough to be heard clearly outside?
Thanks

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
WOW!! Thats some great battery life!! A little off topic but i forgot to ask, how is the speaker phone volume and the regular ear speaker volume? Is it high enough to be heard clearly outside?
Thanks

I'm telling you reception is poor, in low signal areas forget about talking on the phone. I also have the Droid charge,where the charge has signal the inc2 does not. I will say the battery life is great lasts all day and then some. The speaker phone volume is pretty low. You may think i'm hating but i'm just being real.

The good= good battery life, decent ram 768 mb,pretty snappy phone. Has gingerbread. Not many software bugs.

The bad=has poor reception,low speaker phone volume, doesn't have sense 3.0.

Its a good phone it would be amazing if it had good reception that's my main problem with it. My old fascinate had better signal in most areas then this phone does.

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

I don't think the speaker phone volume is as loud as the Fascinate. It is usable though, and can be improved if you prop the phone up a bit off of a table to give the sound a surface to bounce off of.

Regular earpiece volume is about the same as the Fascinate. I don't think you'll have any surprises there one way or the other.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm telling you reception is poor, in low signal areas forget about talking on the phone. I also have the Droid charge,where the charge has signal the inc2 does not. I will say the battery life is great lasts all day and then some. The speaker phone volume is pretty low. You may think i'm hating but i'm just being real.

The good= good battery life, decent ram 768 mb,pretty snappy phone. Has gingerbread. Not many software bugs.

The bad=has poor reception,low speaker phone volume, doesn't have sense 3.0.

Its a good phone it would be amazing if it had good reception that's my main problem with it. My old fascinate had better signal in most areas then this phone does.

Thanks for being real about that reception issue....thats why im returning my Nexus S 4G it has Great EVERYTHING except reception just is so poor....it really is too bad...im begining to think that they cant build the perfect phone...smartphones anyways my Moto Razr back in the day was perfect. Thanks for sharing about the Charge too as im looking at that except in the Charge forums their saying the GPS is no good...ughhh!

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for being real about that reception issue....thats why im returning my Nexus S 4G it has Great EVERYTHING except reception just is so poor....it really is too bad...im begining to think that they cant build the perfect phone...smartphones anyways my Moto Razr back in the day was perfect. Thanks for sharing about the Charge too as im looking at that except in the Charge forums their saying the GPS is no good...ughhh!

Moto phones always have the best antennas. Samsung is slow to update and has bad gps.Plus lots of software issues. Htc usually does a good job on there phones,this phone the antenna is in the bottom of the phone. I would wait and go with the bionic,or the other hot Android phones Coming this holiday.

yeah there is no perfect phone,I was getting fed up with Android because every phone has some sort of bug or issue.Feels like i'm sitting here waiting for updates to fix stuff all the time. I haven't tried moto since the original Droid,so i'm thinking of trying them again.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I say wait awhile if you can. HTC is coming out with the vigor. Duel core processor, sense 3.0, I want to say gingerbread, 1gb ram and is 4g LTE. It suppose to go up against the bionic. The vigor is replacing the thunderbolt and a new Samsung phone is also coming out that is replacing the charge

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for input and replies. I think at this point i will hold off and wait for the next round of Android phones to hit the market coming this fall. I have this early upgrade that VZW is giving me becuase of my faulty Fascinate but i think i can hold off.
Thanks!

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just for the fun i went into the local VZW store that ive never been in before and i checked out some phones mostly the Inc2. I was totaly floored when i found out that the "Showroom
Models" are partially fake. The status bar at the top is static and doesnt even appear real..it was showing all the settings on and full signal and this was on all the phones. Luckily on the Inc2 i tried Google Maps and got a fast lock that some how my Fascinate was able to also lock onto also. So iwasnt able to check the signal like i wanted too.
So im totally dissapointed at VZW or at least that store for doing that to their phones because it looked real and im sure couldve fooled alot of people.....you are warned.

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just for the fun i went into the local VZW store that ive never been in before and i checked out some phones mostly the Inc2. I was totaly floored when i found out that the "Showroom
Models" are partially fake. The status bar at the top is static and doesnt even appear real..it was showing all the settings on and full signal and this was on all the phones. Luckily on the Inc2 i tried Google Maps and got a fast lock that some how my Fascinate was able to also lock onto also. So iwasnt able to check the signal like i wanted too.
So im totally dissapointed at VZW or at least that store for doing that to their phones because it looked real and im sure couldve fooled alot of people.....you are warned.

Was this a corporate store or an authorized retailer? In most of the later you will get demo phones and vice versa for retail locations.

Sent from my Nokia 3390 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress