Delivery / FedEx / Signature

rortt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Now that the delivery date is arriving.........

Verizon says you must sign for the FEDEX package to accept delivery of the phone. Most of us have to work during the day. I hate having to drive to the FEDEX distribution center.

What does everyone else do? I would hate to miss the phone delivery because no one is at home, but at the same time missing work for a phone is not acceptable.

rortt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Too many offices...Too much work

When it rains, it pours!

I can't say what office I will be in from one day to another. I can normally say what bed I will be in. Six months from now, the story could be different.

I just read that people leave a note on the door authorizing FEDEX to leave the package. Does this work?

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
When it rains, it pours!

I can't say what office I will be in from one day to another. I can normally say what bed I will be in. Six months from now, the story could be different.

I just read that people leave a note on the door authorizing FEDEX to leave the package. Does this work?
I doubt it... otherwise couldn't a thief just leave notes everywhere?

LiQuidZero

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
When it rains, it pours!

I did some searching on other forums and found mixed results. One person claims to have left a note on the door and it didn't work. While another stated a printout of information related to the shipment (tracking/order info) plus a signature was left on the door and the item was left.

alear

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When it rains, it pours!

Yes, I had to do this the other day. You just leave a note saying that you authorize the release of the package. You also have to sign and date it. Then leave the note clearly for the fedex delivery person. In fact, an automated fedex call told me this was an option the day before a deivery that needed a signature.

Obviously, if you have any security issues at your house then you will want to have a different solution.

Alex

kdwg927

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
My company ships a lot of overnight packages via FedEx, and officially, they have stopped accepting paper signatures. It's really up to driver if he/she is comfortable leaving the package, because if they leave without a sig, and the recipient doesnt get it, they will get into a lot of trouble. However, you can set up a blanket signature waiver with FedEx, so they have it on file.

Good Luck

sermon8r

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
FedEx offers three Delivery Signature Options for shippers:

Indirect Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature in one of three ways:
From any person at the delivery address; or
From a neighbor, building manager or other person at a neighboring address; or
The recipient can sign a FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.
Direct Signature Required. FedEx will obtain a signature from any person at the delivery address. If no one is at the address, FedEx will reattempt delivery.
Adult Signature Required. edEx will obtain a signature from any person at least 21 years old (government-issued photo identification required) at the delivery address. If there is no eligible recipient at the delivery address, FedEx will reattempt delivery.
Special handling fees will apply. See Rates in the FedEx Service Guide for details.
Shipments to residential addresses may be released without obtaining a signature. If you require a signature for a residential shipment, select one of the Delivery Signature Options.
Indirect Signature Required is not available for shipments to nonresidential addresses.
Shippers can choose the Deliver Without Signature option for shipments to nonresidential addresses.
Choosing a delivery signature option overrides a signature release. (See the Signature Release section.)
Also see the Liabilities Not Assumed, Pickup and Delivery, and Routing and Rerouting sections.

twentysided

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
FedEx is open latest around here, and on Saturdays, so I far prefer them over any other shipping service.

UPS has such tight hours that I often can't get there in time, and they don't even let you pick up Saturdays around here, which is a dealbreaker for me.

gotroot801

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I am working from home on Wednesday until the phone arrives. My boss has required me to come in once the phone arrives and demo it to the rest of my colleagues.

Nice that I work with such understanding nerds, isn't it?

jimracing657

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i have had success with the note on the door approach. Simple a piece of paper I dated, addressed to fedex, with that kind of package, and a signature. I hope if you try it works out for you guys and get your phones!

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Simple: Write out a note saying something to the tune of

"I am hereby giving FedEx permission to leave package for Tracking # xxxxxxxxxx in my absense if I am not able to be present at the time of delivery. "

Signed,

<signature>

Your Name

Thats all that is required. Tape it to front door, or somewhere they will see it, and just get home asap ;)

FIGGY1682#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i thought about this same thing and i had mine shipped to the office but im there 9-5 and fed ex says it will be there wednesday before 7pm. why couldnt it be before 5pm so i dont have to wait around.

emptyxhotel

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My apartment community is gated, but the Fed EX drivers get the opener to the gate to get in. Since they aren't smart enough to stop and get the key to our actual buildings, they usually can't figure out the calling system to get to us either...

Long story short...Notes definitely work, but I usually have mine delivered to my apartment office, but my dad has also done it where they leave it on our doorstep...Hopefully you have nice neighbors :)

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I've had success with the notes. I print out the tracking sheet, write a sentance authorizing the package to be left, sign it and then tape it to the door. This has worked for me in past.
Good luck everyone! I've got FEDEX set up to send me an email when it gets there so I can run home and celebrate Christmas in April.

Guy Fox

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I know for sure that my coworkers will be all over me if I show them this phone! It's going to be hidden away, so I can have some alone time with it before they try to pounce.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo