From BB to Incredible (Have issues, need help, advice)

right3ous

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i switched from a blackberry tour and moved my microSd card over with no issues. it read the vids, pics and also my Ringtones. it was really nice!!!

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Blackberry user that needs alot of help

Ok i have a lot of questions, first how do i play my ringtones for calendar entries not that little notification sound because i need it to wake me up in the morning and that's not going to do it. How do i make different profiles? one for work the other for fun, so for work the volume will be down and the opposite for fun. Also how can pictures as wallpaper without cropping them i can't put my full picture on the background. Also I have a ringtone set for certain people but they don't play only the default ringtone plays. That's all for now if someone can help thanks.

Last edited:

pilotbob3

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Another BB Storm refuge- Is there a way to backup the entire phone to a PC like the BB had, not just the contacts?

Now that I'm spending time loading apps and configuring the apps and phone, I'd hate to have to recreate due to a hardware problem.

TIA,
Bob

skinnytoo2

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Long time BB user here. Love the incredible! Only thing I really miss is the groups in BBM. SMS and Google Talk are fine for im and texting, but the groups are great for work when I need to talk to multiple peeps. Also, battery is not as good as BB, but pretty close. I could never get through a full day with S1 or S2 so charging it for 30 mins is not a big deal. I'm still gonna test it out for a few more weeks, but probably a keeper.

worm

May 2, 2010
Visit site
i am moving from a storm1 and my wife is moving from the curve, just wondering, does all messages show up in 1 inbox like on blackberry's? Like emails, sms, mms, facebook notification's, etc...? Or does anyone recommend an app that groups them so you only have to open 1 inbox?

I cant wait, our phones will be here monday. I called fedex today to see if i could go pick them up from the distribution hub for my local fedex, and they told me no, that i had to wait until it was delivered monday!! :(

gforce1963

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
There are only two things I've noticed myself missing:

The ability to turn the phone off and have it turn itself on at a predetermined time. I used this every night on my BB; I'd set the alarm and then shut the phone off to save the battery.

I loved that feature too. Helped extend battery life as well. Does this exist in Android?

supermike437433

May 2, 2010
Visit site
i am moving from a storm1 and my wife is moving from the curve, just wondering, does all messages show up in 1 inbox like on blackberry's? Like emails, sms, mms, facebook notification's, etc...? Or does anyone recommend an app that groups them so you only have to open 1 inbox?

I cant wait, our phones will be here monday. I called fedex today to see if i could go pick them up from the distribution hub for my local fedex, and they told me no, that i had to wait until it was delivered monday!! :(

I have this same question as well.

jrapp

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have this same question as well.

Popular question from BB users. I came from a Tour myself. The aswer is no. Each address has its own mailbox. SMS and MMS come up in the Messages box. Email accounts come up in the Mailbox. I have my Gmail addresses forwarded to my Exchange address so all my mail come up in Exchange. I keep a GMail widget on my home screen for archiving and retreival purposes. Missed calls come up as a notification.

I too thought BB had a great product. And I too thought that I would miss the unified box. After a few days, its barely noticable.

altezzaboy03

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
How is the screen compared to the Storm 1? Does it scratch easily?

I came from the Storm 1 and the screen was never scratched when I put it in my pocket with keys and coins. This is without the screen protector that comes with the phone.

I'm wondering if the screen can resist those minor types of scratches.

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
tommy i have no problems and i ran my s1 naked since day 1 same with incredible and not a scratch on either..my question is how can you make emails open on inc like they do on bb and is it possible to do the same for sms and mms (is there an app to save mms in a better way or an app for a better sms/mms app)

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of BB to Android, does anyone know if the Incredible supports a unified inbox like my Tour did? I mean like all my emails will be in one inbox, not having to switch from one account to another.

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
is it possible to have all calendars link like fb google etc?

It is possible, open your Calendars tab-> Menu-> More -> Calendars and it will show what Calendars you have. You can add Calendars with menu button. Now if I can just figure out how to keep events from dublicating 2, 3 even 4 times.... I think its a function of Google Calendars

taggs34

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a Storm2 and I think I can get by without BBM... but I use the Storm2 cradle for charging at night and then also use it as my alarm clock. Will there be such a cradle/clock option on this phone?

Just use your S2 as an alarm clock and new Droid for everything else.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Agh. After reading this whole damn thread... I've decided August can't come soon enough. I just had my Tour replaced (trackball. shocker. :rolleyes:) and as it's my 6th replacement since November, i've had just about enough of BBs. As has been mentioned time and time again, BBM will be missed. But I never thought of gtalk. I've never used it, and since my gf and I both have gmail accounts it should work marvelously! yay!

Just use your S2 as an alarm clock and new Droid for everything else.

+1 to you. Hopefully it won't cause Verizon's buggy 5.0 Tour software to crash :p

Last edited: