08-06-2010 11:20 PM
547 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I miss how fast the FB app was on RIM, but otherwise, good riddence.
    05-10-2010 02:39 PM
    I miss how fast the FB app was on RIM, but otherwise, good riddence.
    Really?! I find the Android FB app is much better and way faster.
    05-10-2010 08:52 PM
    Does Android have any sort of software for PC/Mac similar to BB Desktop Manager? If so, how does it compare?

Also has anyone paired their Inc. with PC via bluetooth?
    I love how easy it is with Win7 and BB and how I can transfer files easily and also use DM via bluetooth
    05-10-2010 09:09 PM
    is there anything like berrybuzz for the incredible?
    05-11-2010 12:25 AM
    Does Android have any sort of software for PC/Mac similar to BB Desktop Manager? If so, how does it compare?

Also has anyone paired their Inc. with PC via bluetooth?
    I love how easy it is with Win7 and BB and how I can transfer files easily and also use DM via bluetooth
    Nope it syncs with your gmail account however if you are looking for backup/restore, there are apps that will create backups of your device to your sd card

is there anything like berrybuzz for the incredible?
    Coming from a BB i always used berrybuzz and is the one app I would have to say I miss the most. I havent seen anything like that however the notification led is so tiny its basically useless
    05-11-2010 10:53 AM
    Really?! I find the Android FB app is much better and way faster.
    I agree. I can finally view pictures without it taking half an hour per picture. All this time I thought Facebook or Verizon were causing the slowdown and I realized it was RIM's crappy software!
    05-11-2010 02:08 PM
    Same CB name here...and the Android FB app runs circles around the BB one!!!
    05-11-2010 03:34 PM
    Same CB name here...and the Android FB app runs circles around the BB one!!!
    Welcome aboard.
    05-11-2010 03:37 PM
    BB Tour to Incredible. Wow, just wow. And I loved my BB, too. There's just so much more the Incredible can do.
    05-11-2010 03:44 PM
    BB Tour to Incredible. Wow, just wow. And I loved my BB, too. There's just so much more the Incredible can do.
    Ah there is one thing it cannot do and that is cause the dreaded 507 error
    05-11-2010 03:45 PM
    There are only two things I've noticed myself missing:

The ability to turn the phone off and have it turn itself on at a predetermined time. I used this every night on my BB; I'd set the alarm and then shut the phone off to save the battery.

Customized sound profiles. I had one set for work, for example, where everything was silent except for phone calls and appointment reminders, which would vibrate. This was the setting I used when I was sitting at my desk. I haven't found an easy way to replicate this yet, without manually changing notification preferences for different types of messages each time.

The only other difficulty I've had is adjusting to the notification light; I'm so used to seeing that little red blinking light, but on the Incredible it's yellow and not as bright, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Lastly, I love the alarm clocks on this, especially being able to set multiple alarms as opposed to just one on the BB.

Overall I LOVE this phone, it's so much better than any BlackBerry I've used. Keyboard is excellent too.
    Try the "Profile" app from noimjosh. Does everything for me that BB profiles used to do on my Storm.
    TBolt likes this.
    05-11-2010 03:57 PM
    I think sound manager does this as well....but the auto off on is a bummer
    05-11-2010 04:08 PM
    Tour 9630---> HTC [DROID] Incredible!

Peace Crackberry!!!
    05-11-2010 04:13 PM
    Finally placed the order today...Coming from a Storm 1...My order status says I should receive it in 2-3 business days. Is this a generic status, or are they really shipping that fast?

Hello AC, Goodbye CB...
    05-11-2010 04:30 PM
    BB's O/S will not get any better until they move away from the archaic Java based O/S.
    Qazme you do understand that Android OS is also Java based, right? It looks to me like RIM is on the right track with BOS6.
    05-11-2010 04:47 PM
    I went from S1 to S2 to Incredible. I am glad I made the switch. I can customize more without having to pay a theme developer to make customizations. The only problem I am having is my Inc does random reboots for some reason. I am 110% satisfied with the switch.
    05-11-2010 05:00 PM
    Finally placed the order today...Coming from a Storm 1...My order status says I should receive it in 2-3 business days. Is this a generic status, or are they really shipping that fast?

Hello AC, Goodbye CB...
    Hubby received his one day after the order. It is truly incredible! For those who want true exchange capability, I suggest buying touchdown.
    05-11-2010 05:42 PM
    My first post in android!!!!

I too am thinking about making the jump from the Storm 2 to the Incredible. my biggest concern is push email, lack of Blackberry Messenger, and receiving facebook notifications. Can anyone shed some light on how well Android can handle these things? is the Gmail push on Android comparable to Blackberry?

thanks in advance!
    I had a Storm I, in fact I bought it the day it came out and it wasn't long after that the disappointment set in. I had mine replaced twice and couldn't wait for the Incredible to make its' appearance. I am very happy with mine. I have a gmail address and have other mail pushed to it and it comes into my Incredible very fast. I use Google talk and it works just like Messenger and Facebook is much faster than the BB. I'm sure this is going to be better than your Storm II.
    05-11-2010 08:35 PM
    I went from BB8830 to BB9530 to HTC Incredible...and I will not look back. I really love this device. I can't believe RIM isn't flipping out! They should hang their heads in shame.
    05-11-2010 09:33 PM
    Nah, RIM has no reason to flip out. They positively DOMINATE the business sector. The consumer market is an afterthought.

So is anyone ordering one now that they're not shipping till the 29th? I'm thinking about getting one. After just two months of use, my Storm needs a battery pull every day. With my 8330, I did a battery pull about once a month.
    05-11-2010 11:03 PM
    Nah, RIM has no reason to flip out. They positively DOMINATE the business sector. The consumer market is an afterthought.

So is anyone ordering one now that they're not shipping till the 29th? I'm thinking about getting one. After just two months of use, my Storm needs a battery pull every day. With my 8330, I did a battery pull about once a month.
    Sounds like you need QuickPull, saved frustration for millions of BB owners. I'm a former 8330 guy also. The DI has it's glitches too but I think most of them will be worked out with software updates. Pretty much to be expected with a new release phone of any brand running any OS.

The potential of this phone and platform are so beyond BB it's almost scary. BB's notifications still rule though. And I miss the beacon for an LED. Other than that, not missing much.
    05-11-2010 11:47 PM
    I had a BB Pearl and a BB Tour, both from VZW..... Thought they were the bees knees, even with some of their idiosyncrasies (memory drain, less than stellar web experience, battery pulls and soft re-boots, to name a few)..... That is, until I got my HTC Droid Incredible! This phone is unbelievable!! The Google Nav w/ (voice) turn by turn directions is almost reason enough to get the device. There are so many things that it does better - namely web browser and apps.... I won't miss BBM - Google Talk is where it's at. I thought I'd miss SocialScope for Twitter/Facebook/Etc. feeds. But, the HTC FriendStream is more than adequate in that regard. There are just SO many things that the Inc does better than BB, I can't see going back. I am primarily a consumer, so the exchange is not something I have played with.... But the Google Mail, Talk, Voice, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc., etc. - BLOWS BBs away. DO NOT HESITATE to make the switch - if you can. I am 1000% satisfied - - DROID DOES!!
    05-12-2010 01:09 AM
    came from a storm2.. my boyfriend decided to surprise me with the incredible.

not gonna lie, it takes awhile to get used to. i definitely miss the LED notifications and the other (red star) notifications - SMS/EMAIL/FB etc. BBM will be missed as well. cannot figure out how to customize profiles and am missing the phone only profile from my BB. having said that, the phone is fast and the browser is a COMPLETELY different experience and makes BB look so outdated.

on my storm, there was the D notification whenever a text message is sent and the other verizon phone is on and has received it. does anyone know if the incredible supports this??? help!
    05-12-2010 01:20 AM
    Qazme you do understand that Android OS is also Java based, right? It looks to me like RIM is on the right track with BOS6.

Gotta call you on this one.

Android is NOT Java based. It is a riff on Linux (currently using kernel 2.6.29), and is written in C compiled to ARM native machine code. While you can write apps in Java (using Goole's managed code libraries) the OS itself is not Java.
    05-12-2010 07:34 AM
    Anyone found any luck with syncing with Exchange and having the ability to remote wipe the device? Any third party apps I should look into to make sure that the device is secure for corporate email?
    05-12-2010 11:12 AM
547 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD