Ready to switch from Iphone to incredible but...

tlucca

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Im desparately trying to switch away from ATT over to verizon. Ive been using an iphone for a year, and I get so many dropped calls that I have to go back to verizon.

I use a third party app on the iphone called Siasuke which allows you to copy appointments. I cant find any app on the droid incredible that will allow this.

this is the only thing holding me back since I need this feature in my calendar for work. Does anyone have a workaround for this, or any third party app that will allow you to copy a full appointment and place it on another day?

any help would be much appreciated,
Tom

tlucca

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Need to copy a full appt within the calendar app

I'm actually trying to copy an
appointment and place it on another day. Any third party apps that can do this?

Thanks
Tom

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
So you want to copy the appointment without changing the date to another day? Seems like a odd thing to do, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

I don't know of an app, but the online google calendar will let you duplicate your event, so you could use skyfire to go to the desktop version of the calendar and do it that way.

msm_portata

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The default calendar supports event move (by changing the time/date) but not copy/paste to create a second event that is a copy of the first. There are several calendar apps available, one of which may work for you.

The Droid Incredible (DI) is sooo much better than the iPhone is so many ways. Even if you cannot find a solution to that copy/paste issue, look into getting a DI or other Android-based phone.

BriMcFly88

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone is beat, I'm glad I didn't jump on the bandwagon. I swear Steve Jobs could take a crap and call it iDump and it'll sell like hot-cakes. It's all about the cult of personality, he's just another Stalin :D the iPod is the only thing they make that can't be beat by another product.

David737

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased an EVO. The ability to copy/cut/paste a full calendar entry is critical to me keeping the EVO. I just switched from a Microsoft WM6.5 Touch Pro 2. I love the EVO, except due to this missing copy/cut/paste. I guess I will have to give the iPhone, the Palm Pre & RIM a look. I do not like AT&T, but this feature is necessary. I would be pleased to pay $50 for an APP that provides this feature. Editing the one copy of an appointment will not get me three new appointments at different times of the day. I was a power calendar user. The Android is great, except the present Calendar application is weak.

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Just change the date like other people said... If you are dropping calls left and right, i think being able to place a call should be your determining factor rather than being able to easily copying and pasting an appointment. Would you rather be able to paste appts on an iPhone you cant place a call with or be able to switch to VZW, get a better phone (which you can use to... make calls) and then have to maybe take a little extra time to change the date? I think having a phone that can be used as a phone will outweigh that

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I use a third party app on the iphone called Siasuke which allows you to copy appointments. I cant find any app on the droid incredible that will allow this.

this is the only thing holding me back since I need this feature in my calendar for work. Does anyone have a workaround for this, or any third party app that will allow you to copy a full appointment and place it on another day?

any help would be much appreciated,
Tom
I am not sure I understand exactly what you want to do but the Jorte Calendar (available free in the Market) is a full function app that will do all kinds of things the native app will not do including copy an appointment by tapping a button. Once you have the copy you can edit the date and or time which will effectively paste the appointment at a different time and/or day. Hope this works for you.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
also, is this something you could do from a PC possibly as well? then the appt will sync OTA and go to your phone. that's what i do. mostly my phone is an extension of my PC, except for carrier provided services like phone and sms, etc. that's why i got the phone, totally integrates with my google junk. and with 2.2 there will be more "enterprise" features available. so i say if you're really looking for a business phone that can pull its weight as a day to day personal phone as well, android is your best bet. it's gonna be the best balanced and most versatile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87