I swear they sent me a refurbished one..

rback15

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I sent my other droid back in because pf screw ups. but when i got my new one in the screen had all kind of smudges on it and everything also didnt have the screen protector. I swear this one is a refurbished one. Does anybody know if i can look for something on the phone that will show it was used before.

rback15

May 2, 2010
Visit site
lol.. well it came in a brown box. which i know it usually means its a refurbed. but rep fom verizon was saying the phone is way to new to be a refurbed. so instead of repaying the full retail price and then letting them credit me later the rep just did it a regular replacement saying the phone will be brand new. im just Trying to be the fee of 350.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Even refurbs usually ship with all the removable plastics etc. So that's a bit odd. Refurbs are usually a better device than new from factory anyway. So while I wouldn't sweat getting a refurb, I'd certainly question why the device was used before it was shipped.

Terry4505

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Check for a small white square sticker under where the battery goes. Any refurb phone I've had from Verizon had it.

I even had to call verizon once about a bad phone they sent me as a replacement and the CS rep told me to look for the sticker.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I love refurbs.
Always last longer than new devices for me.
All refurbs are, are demo units or had a defect on the production line
Verizon doesn't use customer returned devices.
Anyhow, there won't be refurbs out there just yet. Probably in a month or so, but anyhow you are still within 30 days.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Refurbished phone are not better then New....refurbished phone tend to break easily again
I have yet to see a refurb be of any less quality than new from the factory. In most cases they tend to be better because the specific device goes through a more rigorous QA before shipping. New devices aren't all QA'd, rather one or two devices from each batch are checked out instead. Any device from batches that don't pass QA are then dismantled for refurbs.

Refurbed devices aren't the same as Pre-Owned devices. Devices returned to the manufacturer are also dismantled, and all the parts that comprise the guts of the device are removed, those internal parts that are found defective are discarded and the good parts are saved to be placed into a new device. The external casings are new parts, so you won't be receiving a device with scratches or road-rash. The newly built device is then QA'd to confirm that specific device meets up to the manufacturer's criterion before it's shipped out.

The only reason that people don't like refurb's is because they can't get passed the stigma of owning a device that didn't just come off the assembly line.

Last edited:

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to see a refurb be of any less quality than new from the factory. In most cases they tend to be better because the specific device goes through a more rigorous QA before shipping. New devices aren't all QA'd, rather one or two devices from each batch are checked out instead.

Guess that's why I went through 4 storm replacements before I got one without a click screen issue lol. At this point in the game I wouldn't care, if my phone was only 2 weeks old and I could opt for my money back......then you better get me a new phone regardless.

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Guess that's why I went through 4 storm replacements before I got one without a click screen issue lol.

As a former Storm user myself, I would attribute that to the point that the Storm was a poorly designed piece of hardware from the outset. Nothing short of a complete redesign would improve that device.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to see a refurb be of any less quality than new from the factory.

Not trying to be a pain about this.....but I re-quoted more exact to match your reply.

My first Storm was brand new and was a perfect phone. Wonderful device for me and never had issues with it, until I dropped it in water. Went back and forth with refurbs up until I demanded a new one. They sent me a new one and it was just as perfect as my first one. Refurbs sometimes are worse than the originals is the point I'm trying to make.

If my phone was only 2 weeks old, I would want a new phone if I was not at fault for the issue.

brain228

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I sent my other droid back in because pf screw ups. but when i got my new one in the screen had all kind of smudges on it and everything also didnt have the screen protector. I swear this one is a refurbished one. Does anybody know if i can look for something on the phone that will show it was used before.

You should have received a new phone. No matter the problem it is within the 30 day automatic warranty. Take it back and demand a new incredible.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
The "refurbs" for the Incredible are not refurbs, the devices are way too new for them to be refurbs. Refurb phones are phones that were gutted, and the working parts are put into a new body. The test them over and over before allowing them back into inventory. I'm nosy, so I ask anyone I feel who'd know that answer. I work for VZW, so that helps.. ;)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm getting a replacement device tomorrow as well, not that i care if it's refurbished so long as it works right and doesn't have any signs of being used or damaged.

every refurb i've encountered with verizon had a sticker by where the esn sticker is located that stated that it was refurbished. just look for it.

but i agree that it's odd that your phone looked used. everything i've gotten was in brand new condition with all the screen protectors and everything there. the only stuff missing was the battery and any bundled memory cards that usually come with new devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa