Need help to get to Cyanogen 7

abcs

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I haven't been on the site in a while, can someone post the link or briefly explain how to install Cyanogen 7 ?

I am currently running. UKB 2.0 and on ED01..

Thanks for yall's help. Sorry for cluttering the forum, just need some quick help.

:)

abcs

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Damn, I am so lost.

I am assuming I have lost my root, can someone please quickly get me back on track.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Damn, I am so lost.

I am assuming I have lost my root, can someone please quickly get me back on track.

Getting to Cyanogen 7 is actually quite simple. Just follow the instructions in jt1134's thread here:
[NIGHTLY] [ROM][GRJ90] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Fascinate (fascinatemtd) - xda-developers

Except don't use the gapps (Google Apps) from that thread, use these:
gapps_update-2.3.5-gb-20110725-signed.zip

You will need to have a rooted device before you flash CM7, so follow the steps in post #5 of DroidXcon's thread here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-please-read-post-1-before-posting-forum.html

After you root, boot up the phone and confirm the root took. If you don't already have it, download Android Terminal Emulator from the market. Open terminal emulator and you will see a cursor in the upper left corner next to a $, type su and hit the enter key. If root took you will see a pop up asking for superusuer permission, click OK. That confirms you are rooted. Shut down the phone, ODIN the CWM from jt1134's thread, close ODIN, pull USB cord, put battery back in phone, use the three button method to boot directly to CWM, flash the CM7 zip file, then the gapps zip file. Your phone may reboot on it's own after flashing the CM7 file. Don't worry about that. Just go through the set up, the long press the power menu, choose reboot, choose recovery, and flash the gapps package from CWM. Done.

abcs

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So i tried to install the Gapps and it says installing Google Apps.. Installation Complete!

Then when i back out to reboot it says Install from sdcard complete
E:can't mount/cache/recovery/log
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:cant mount /cache/recovery_last_log
E: Can't open/cache/recovery/last_log

Anyone have any idea whats happening?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So i tried to install the Gapps and it says installing Google Apps.. Installation Complete!

Then when i back out to reboot it says Install from sdcard complete
E:can't mount/cache/recovery/log
E:can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:cant mount /cache/recovery_last_log
E: Can't open/cache/recovery/last_log

Anyone have any idea whats happening?

How did you get to recovery? If you didn't long press the power menu, choose reboot, then choose recovery, you are in the wrong recovery (CWM)

Reactions: abcs

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I shut down using power. Then did the 3 finger recovery.

Once you flashed CM7 you can't do three finger recovery into CWM. You have to get to recovery by a) long press of power button to bring up the menu, choose reboot, which will bring up a smaller sub menu, choose recovery; b) open terminal emulator and type su hit the enter key then type reboot recovery and hit the enter key; or c) connecting phone to computer with usb cord, opening adb (if you have it) and doing an adb reboot. Obviously option a is generally the best choice for most people.

Reactions: abcs

abcs

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I selected option a)

It took me to CWM v.4.0.1.0

Once there I am unable to select any of the options. It allows me to scroll up and down but when I try to pick one it just takes the cursor back to the top.

Should I try to reinstall cwm?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I selected option a)

It took me to CWM v.4.0.1.0

Once there I am unable to select any of the options. It allows me to scroll up and down but when I try to pick one it just takes the cursor back to the top.

Should I try to reinstall cwm?

Are you using the power button to make your selection? With CWM 3 + you use the power button to make your selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress