[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

TripSixes

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
DriodXCon ---

A co-worker arrived with a Fascinate, brand new, right out of the box. I convinced him to let me DeBing/Googlefy it to make it the phone it should have been. I spent 2 hours on other threads, here and XDA (somehow missing this thread the entire time). It was about 4:45pm and my reputation was about to be shot. (could not get CWM to work at all).
/// mind you, i've had my fascinate since september and have NEVER had as many problems as I did with his. I definitely think the automatic update to EA28 prior to trying the CWM was the culprit that did not allow me to do it.. ///

Then, I found this thread.
Downloaded the superclean 2.1 file
flashed via Odin
and by 5:01p I was able hand the phone back to him with reputation mostly intact.

Thanks again, and, if you've got a standard email to accept donations, let me know.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DriodXCon ---

A co-worker arrived with a Fascinate, brand new, right out of the box. I convinced him to let me DeBing/Googlefy it to make it the phone it should have been. I spent 2 hours on other threads, here and XDA (somehow missing this thread the entire time). It was about 4:45pm and my reputation was about to be shot. (could not get CWM to work at all).
/// mind you, i've had my fascinate since september and have NEVER had as many problems as I did with his. I definitely think the automatic update to EA28 prior to trying the CWM was the culprit that did not allow me to do it.. ///

Then, I found this thread.
Downloaded the superclean 2.1 file
flashed via Odin
and by 5:01p I was able hand the phone back to him with reputation mostly intact.

Thanks again, and, if you've got a standard email to accept donations, let me know.

lol oh man im glad this worked out for you , let me ask you when you were installing Cwm on ea28 were you booting directly into recovery after flashing and not letting boot at all,, and then replacing the kernel before you turned the phone on,,,thats most peoples problem int the last two builds

No i dont have any donations, just pay it forward to someone else that needs help one day. I volunteer my time to the because o love helping out, helping people to have a good experience with their fascinates.

have a great day

wgilles

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My update to 2.2 went great and everything seems to be working fine...however, when I first opened the marketplace it was the new 2.2 version, but then it changed back to the 2.1 version. Anyone know what that's about?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My update to 2.2 went great and everything seems to be working fine...however, when I first opened the marketplace it was the new 2.2 version, but then it changed back to the 2.1 version. Anyone know what that's about?

weird,, do this
settings>applications>manage applications>market>clear data/cache and uninstall updates if available, then restart the market a couple times

I'll wait then :D

In the mean time please thank Adrynalyne for working on this and getting it out to us so quickly , he is pretty awesome for bringin this to us and def deserves the credit

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
So far, so good. A couple quick questions though... first, I can't seem to get rid of the "click" sound when I type in the Android keyboard. Also, my battery seemed to drain super fast. Any suggestions?

I used: EB01_DXC.tar

Thanks!

vjoaquin

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I posted this late last night and it either got overlooked, or I am posting it in the wrong place - so if anyone can let me know, that would be great!

I flashed the 2.2 Full version to my phone last night and everything went great! Thanks to DroidX and Adryn!!! But I still have a few questions...

1. CWM - Do I HAVE to do anything with CWM? I mean, I flashed 2.2 and everything runs great. Can I assume that I don't need to use CWM at all, unless I want to change ROM's, etc.?

2. Wireless Tethering - Since the Odin Flash rooted the phone during the flashing process, I downloaded a program called Wireless Tether and it works great. I am wondering what the pros/cons are of using this app for access on the go with my laptop?

3. Apps2SD - I probably have 20 third-party apps on my phone that I installed from the Market. When I go to 'Settings:Applications:Manage Applications:Third Party' then select the individual programs, the 'Move to SD' button is grayed out on EVERY app. I was under the impression that once updated to Froyo all apps could be moved to SD. So I am a bit confused there.

Again, thanks to everyone who has posted here with information and solutions to problems - you are awesome!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I posted this late last night and it either got overlooked, or I am posting it in the wrong place - so if anyone can let me know, that would be great!

I flashed the 2.2 Full version to my phone last night and everything went great! Thanks to DroidX and Adryn!!! But I still have a few questions...

1. CWM - Do I HAVE to do anything with CWM? I mean, I flashed 2.2 and everything runs great. Can I assume that I don't need to use CWM at all, unless I want to change ROM's, etc.?

2. Wireless Tethering - Since the Odin Flash rooted the phone during the flashing process, I downloaded a program called Wireless Tether and it works great. I am wondering what the pros/cons are of using this app for access on the go with my laptop?

3. Apps2SD - I probably have 20 third-party apps on my phone that I installed from the Market. When I go to 'Settings:Applications:Manage Applications:Third Party' then select the individual programs, the 'Move to SD' button is grayed out on EVERY app. I was under the impression that once updated to Froyo all apps could be moved to SD. So I am a bit confused there.

Again, thanks to everyone who has posted here with information and solutions to problems - you are awesome!

1.) you dont need to touch it if you dont want to , i left it there as an option to make life easier

2.) ive never used wifi tether so i dont know much about it but i do know that they can tell when you are using it because the way your data streams changes, so i wouldnt use it for long periods of time

3.) and i dont think all are availabe for moving and honestly most if not all have no need for moving to sdcard,, if you need to back up apps use titanium backup or my backup pro...
apps run fastest and most efficiently from the internal flash memory and fascinate has enough to support hundreds of apps

hopefully someone else has more insight on these topics than i do

and thank you btw :)

Reactions: vjoaquin

mer7

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm super new to the Fascinate rooting/modding procedure, but not new to phone modding as a whole, so I'll try to answer...

1. No, you don't NEED to do anything with CWM, I don't really know what I'm going to use it for yet. The only thing I've done is boot into it just to make a nandroid backup in case I mess something up. Its up to you if you want to do that...

2. People often get paranoid that Verizon will notice that you're using the unofficial tethering app. I've done wireless tethering for over a year with no problems, so use at your own risk.

3. That was kind of a big mis-conception with FroYo. Only apps that have been developed to be able to be placed on the SD card can be moved there. Its up to the developer to enable his app to be placed there. You can send an encouraging email to the dev to see if he'll change anything.

Reactions: vjoaquin

mer7

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
now for my question:

I just noticed that in the stock browser there isn't an option for opening up a bookmarked page. I can add bookmarks. not sure what's up with that. I don't really like any of the other browsers.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
now for my question:

I just noticed that in the stock browser there isn't an option for opening up a bookmarked page. I can add bookmarks. not sure what's up with that. I don't really like any of the other browsers.

i dont know i havnt placed with it, im already on superclean so next time i flash back ill let you know what i find

Ellodin

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So I installed this without putting update.zip on my card...
It installed fine and I've been playing around and nothing seems amiss...
Should I be worried?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty